Sequel: Bad Blood
Status: Complete! Sequel Up Soon!

Love Shows When It's There

Alex's POV (goes into Jacks)

I wandered down to the park, knowing exactly where I was going and who I was gonna get to come meet me. I called Rian as I reached our little place. Rian, being my best mate (besides Jack), was the only one I could talk to about this, without being judged. I sent him a text quickly. Ten minutes later, he climbed into the little hiding place with me.

"What's wrong Lex?" he asked, hugging me.
"I can't go back there! My uncle tried to kill my friends and I saved them, but I had to tell them who he was. I had to tell them what he'd done," I replied.
"Aw, Lex. Look, I'm sure they don't care. They're just glad that you're okay. They know your uncle did it, and not you. They'll just be glad that your safe. The fact you ran out is probably worrying them. And your boyfriend must be worried sick. Why don't you go home and go up to your room and let them come to you?" he said.
"I dunno. I can't face them. I'm terrified of what they'll think," I admitted to him.
"Try to go home, okay? I have to head home 'cause I told my mum I'd be back really soon, but don't stay here yourself. Call Jack, he can come down and join you," he told me. I nodded to make him feel better, but I'd sit there until I felt too cold. Only then would I go home.

Rian hugged me once again and reminded me to go home before heading home. I could feel my phone ringing, but I wasn't answering. I was terrified of what they all thought.

**Jack's POV**
"He's not answering," Matt said. It had been an hour. All of them had stopped me going after him.
"I'm going out to find him," I said. Matt grabbed my arm as I started to walk towards the door.
"He'll need time to clear his head Jack. Give him a while," he said.
"Matt! It is Minus Two degrees out there! Alex only has a bloody hoodie. I'm gonna go find him, before he dies from hypothermia," I told them before pushing Matt away and walking out the door, grabbing two hoodies. Alex would need some more warmth.

I knew I'd find Alex in the park. It was always a park he went to as a kid to escape his problems, or to clear his head. When I reached the park, Alex was sitting on a swing, shivering. I walked up behind him and could hear him singing softly. His teeth were chattering though. I wrapped the hoodie around him when I reached him and he jumped. His head turned and saw it was me. His eyes immediately teared up.

"Hey! C'mere," I said and wrapped my arms around him.
"I'm s-so sorry Jack! I shou-should have t-told you," he stuttered, as a tear fell.
"Don't apologize Lex. It wasn't your fault. Please, just come home. You're frozen," I begged. He looked at me to protest but gave up before even trying. He nodded in agreement and pulled on the hoodie properly. I reached out for him to take my hand, and braced myself for it to be cold, but no amount of preparation could have prepared me for the coldness of Alex's hand.

Still, I held onto his hand and led him home. When we got in the door, Alex stopped dead.
"Jack, they'll hate me. I put them in harms way," he said.
"Lex! They're worried about you. They want you to come home so they know you're okay. They're scared that you're hurt," I reassured him.
"I dunno Jack... Maybe if I-" I cut him off with a kiss and wrapped my arms around him.

He kissed back and wrapped his arms around my neck, his hands playing with my hair. I moved my hands down and lifted him up, and he wrapped his legs around my waist. I then proceeded to carry him inside. When we were in the house, I sat him down carefully, making sure not to hurt him. I didn't break the kiss though. It was nice to have, since it had been a while since I last had a kiss like this from him.

I heard footsteps coming through and we heard Matt clearing his throat. Alex and I pulled away and we looked over to Matt. I knew Alex was expecting anger, frustration and a bunch of other things, but all we saw in Matt's eyes was worry. I let go of Alex as he let go of me. Matt walked over and wrapped Alex in a rather tight hug.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry Lex! We know you got the worst of it," Matt said.
"I'm fine. I tried to stop everyone getting hurt in anyway," Alex replied.
"Alex! It is not your fault. You don't control your uncles actions. The good.. no! The brave thing was that you protected us all, not giving a damn about yourself. Thank you," Matt said and let him go.
"C'mon. Everyone will want to know you're safe," I told him, reaching out my hand. Alex took it and I led him into the living room.

After everyone had attacked Alex, Ross came over.
"I... I owe you an apology Alex... I shouldn't have demanded that out of you. It wasn't anything to do with me. I'm really sorry. I feel like an idiot," he said looking down. Alex wrapped his arms around Ross.
"Ross, it's fine. Look, I maybe should have said something about it. I should have told you who it was and why they did it. It's okay," he said. Alex was stubborn. Maybe I was rubbing off on him.

After all that needed to be said, was said, Alex and I headed off to bed. Alex was shattered and wanted some heat, and I just didn't wanna leave him. I still wasn't sure this was all real. As I lay, Alex curled into me, I just thought about all the "if he wakes up"s I heard. I was glad he did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I wasn't gonna have Jack go out, looking for Alex, but I decided to because Hot Chelle Rae gave me the idea xD Don't worry Chelle, you're characters back in the next chapter all fighting and feisty xD Thanks to Hot Chelle Rae for commenting. More soon, hopefully :')

I'd just like to say a quick welcome to my six new readers. Thanks guys to all 536 of you reading xD Make yourself known to me and tell me if I could improve anything :)