Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

9.

Drayden, rolled over in her sleep, moving closer to the warmth, as she shivered, a slight breeze hitting against her ear, making her ache more for the warmth, to be closer to it, to be smothered by it.

“Drayden?” a voice called as there was a bang as the door hit against the wall, startling Drayden, waking her up and causing her to sit up slightly as she turned to see who had called her.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Drayden asked rubbing her eyes slightly, as she racked her memory to remember why Nick was stood in her bedroom.

“I’m here for our date?” he questioned more than stated, rubbing the back of his neck slightly as she smiled; now remembering everything.

“Shurrup Draydey! Its top early!” a voice whined, their words slurred together in his sleep, from by the side of her, startling Drayden and Nick slightly as they now realised another present in the room.

There was panting from the door way as the Logan and the boy’s made their way upstairs waiting for the drama to unfold.

“Drayden…is there someone in your bed?” Nick questioned, slightly uncomfortable as Drayden cheek flushed, she stuttered, unable to string her words together as the other occupant to the bed sat up, after all what exactly was you meant to say when your boyfriend caught you in bed with another boy?

“Gawd damn it!” they moaned, sitting up, rubbing their eyes with one hand, the other running through their hair as they blinked trying to adjust to the brightness.

“Err yes there is someone in bed with me but there’s a completely logical reason why” Drayden started stuttering on practically every other word, as she buried her head in her hands hiding her cheek as they burned from the embarrassment.

“Shit going to go down” she heard John cheer from the doorway, but for once Drayden daren’t even look up to glare at him.

“Kennedy” Nick questioned as both Kennedy and Drayden’s eyes went wide.

“Nick” Kennedy asked, unable to blink as he noticed the new person in the room.

“You guys know each other?” Drayden asked as they nodded, Nick looking slightly uncomfortable.

“Yes” Kennedy chimed in stonily as Nick bit his lip, nodding slightly unsure what to say. “Drayden you know when I was helping that dude set up the band, well that’s him” Kennedy said, as Drayden’s eyes grew wider, as everything fell into place.

“Shit, you’re the dude she was telling me about?” Nick said, as Drayden began burying her head further into her hands. “You’re the dick that forget her birthday?” he added as Kennedy glared at him, jumping out of bed, standing there in his boxer and t-shirt as the anger built up.

“I did not forget her birthday, and she’s my best friend” Kennedy spat, glaring at Nick, his hands balled up to fist by his side as his turned redder.

“Well thing’s change, she’s my girlfriend now” Nick replied smoothly, smirking slightly as his eyes wandered to Drayden, who’s head was still cradled in her hands, Kennedy made a sound of disgust in the back of his throat, taking a step closer to Nick.

“Well, to bad people don’t, isn’t it Nick?” Kennedy called, as Nick’s face stiffened.

“You don’t know what you are talking about” He replied, trying to maintain his calm tone but failing at it, everyone turned to look at him, intrigued to know what the boy’s where on about.

“Yeah, funny I saw you with my own eyes you and m-“ Kennedy began as he was now only a step away from Nick, before getting cut off as his head snapped to the right, as Nick’s fist made contact with the left side of Kennedy’s jaw.

“You little dick” Kennedy said through gritted teeth, moving quick, grabbing Nick by the collar and pinning him to the wall, him fist raised ready to hit him.

But at the last second Drayden stepped forward, intercepting the two, a fraction to late, as Kennedy’s fist hit her right eye, he quickly dropped his hand, his face dropping as he pulled Drayden to the bed, sitting her on the edge, as she clutched her eye at the force of the punch.

“Leave, now.” Logan spat, storming across the room, grabbing a shocked Nick by the collar and dragging him out the room and down stairs, slamming the door behind him.

“Dray, are you okay?” Kennedy asked cradling Drayden’s face in his hands.

“Kennedy leave” she said stonily, as Kennedy’s face feel, his eyes filling with sadness as he nodded walking out the house. He looked down at his hands and noticed that his best friend was slipping through his fingers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?