Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

15.

Drayden gnawed on her lip, staring at herself in the mirror as she moved her hands to adjust her simple outfit again. Her white shirt was not white enough for her liking and the jeans where just a bit to tight, she knew this wasn’t true, she was just picked at anything to stop herself hyperventilating.

She was nervous for Aliandrea to meet Nick, after all to Drayden, Aliandrea was basically they only family she had left and she wanted her older sister, her role-model, approval more than anything, especially when her best friend didn’t approve of her current relationship status.

She sighed, her hands dropping to her side, looking at her reflection one last time before heading downstairs, to face the train-wreck waiting for her. As soon as Drayden reached the kitchen, she saw her sister’s figure hunched over the stove, stirring something in a pot, not glancing at the new body in the room as she carried on stirring, only looking away when the doorbell rang.

Aliandrea turned to glance at Drayden, before making a shooing noise, signalling for her to go and open the door, Drayden rolled her eyes before vacating the room, wringing her hands as she headed to the door, thoughts running through her head on how to make this the perfect night ever.

She took a deep breath, as she placed a hand around the handle, quickly pulling it open before she could back out, spluttering slightly as she released the breath upon noticing who was outside her house.

“What are you doing here!?” Drayden screeched, as he pushed past her to enter the house, anger beginning to bubble inside of her.

“Ali-Andy invited me and the guys remember” Kennedy replied smugly, turning to look at Drayden as he smiled to himself before he craned his head around trying to look for the older woman. Allowing the other five people to now enter the house, giving Drayden sympathetic smiles.

“But this is meant to be a family dinner” Drayden spluttered angrily as Kennedy turned to look at her again, a smirk erupting on his face. “Not that I don’t want you guys here” she added hastily noticing the pout beginning to emerge on Pats face.

“Well I am practically family…I know everything about you” Kennedy said, stepping close to her, the other five heading further into the house to greet the new resident.

“But then you forgot about me while on tour, we’re not as close as we used to be John Franklin, and even you know that” Drayden whispered as Kennedy flinched, she only called him his previous name when she was being deadly serious, and even though he hated his old name, he loved how it sounded coming from his lips.

The doorbell rang, startling them both, only then did Drayden realise how close they had been, her cheeks flushed slightly as she turned, stepping quickly towards the door, twisting the handle and pulling the door open, hoping to wash the awkwardness away.

“Hey babe” Nick greeted the girl cheekily leaning into kiss her, catching her cheek instead as someone cleared their throat from the doorway startling Drayden causing her to turn her head in surprise.

A bright red blush erupting on her cheek’s as her sister stood watching them from the doorway, Kennedy sat on the couch, feet propped on the table as he flicked through the channel as though he owned the place, a snicker erupting from between his lips. John let out a slight chuckle as Garrett, Jared and Logan was oblivious to the whole thing.

“Hello I’m Aliandrea Smith, Drayden’s sister” the older woman spoke calmly and composed, as though she was in a business meeting rather than at a family dinner. Pat jumped up from the couch, wrapping his arms around Drayden refusing to let go, as Nick grew slightly agitated at this action. After all she was apparently his girl and yet all these guys had their hands on her, even if it was only a friendly hug.

“Nick Santino, nice to meet you ma’am” Nick spoke, stuttering slightly on his words causing Kennedy to let out another snicker, John full on chortling, causing the others to know pay attention.

“Kenny, guys, come help me set the table, yeah?” Aliandrea called, giving Nick the once over before turning to head back into the kitchen, Kennedy nodded jumping up off the couch to follow her quickly while the others walked silently letting the first impression they just witness sink in.

“What’s he doing here?” Nick questioned lowly, as his eyes followed Kennedy’s retreating figure.

“He’s known my sister practically all his life, heck he’s been practically part of my family his entire life, so my sister thought it was fitting to have him over, as well as everyone else cause she’s not seen them since her last visit” Drayden spoke, trying to sound as though it didn’t bother her, shrugging her shoulder slightly as she gave Nick a reassuring smile, grabbing his hand and giving it a light squeeze before leading him into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay Guys, Well I Was Five Chapters A Head But My Laptop Cable Broke Meaning I Cant Get To It So It Seems Slower Updates....
Comment? Opinions? Hate?