Status: Comment?

Chasing Happiness.

5.

Drayden sat in the restaurant where Nick had decided to take her on their date, nervously blowing her auburn bangs out of her eyes slightly as she waited for Nick to emerge from the toilet.

Carefully she picked up her glass of Cola, taking slight slow sips trying to get rid of the nerves. Even though she had been on dates with Nick before, he had a way of making her feel nervous and self conscious, something she rarely felt, only a slight bit when she was near Kennedy.

She took a deep breath, releasing it slowly as she smothered out her old fashioned vintage styled white lace strapless dress, it just covering her knees, as she crossed her legs again, the top part was made of what look like leaves shapes piece of white lace, overlapping each other as the layers built up, intricate silver patterns stitched onto each piece.

Drayden had not dressed this nice, well not since her beauty pagent days, but the only person who knew what she looked like back then was Kennedy and never brought up the subject, Drayden smiled slightly remembering her first kiss, happy that she had got it from her best friend, even if she did surprise attack him.

She jumped slightly, losing her train of thought, as her phone rang before answering it without checking caller ID.

“Hello, I’m not here right now, please leave a message after the beep” she said in monotone, not knowing why exactly she said it.

“Oh, Drayden its Kennedy call me when you –“ The voice said, coughing slightly in an awkward way as Drayden’s eyes widened.

“Oh no! Ken I’m here” Drayden said quickly startled that Kennedy was going to hang up, then again it was her own doing for answering the phone like that.

“Oh, I just wondered if you wanted to catch up, I know we’ve not been talking much and that it’s my fault but yeah, hi” Kennedy said rushing as Drayden chuckled slightly.

“So Kenny, how’s tour been?” she asked, happy that she could talk to Kennedy and calm her nerves before Nick returned.

“Its really good you’-“ Kennedy began as Drayden heard a cough, quickly turning around to see an approaching Stephen, she grinned at him slightly before cutting off Kennedy.

“Sweets, I’m sorry to cut this short but I’m kind of in the middle of something right now, ill call you later” she said hurriedly hanging up the phone before Kennedy replied as Nick sat down.

She knew it was harsh and she shouldn’t have done it, but he forgot about her birthday and didn’t even apologise for it, so that took away some of the guilt as she started to enjoy herself slightly.

Nick had a way of making Drayden feel special, even though he makes her feel nervous at the same time, and to say she didn’t enjoy his company would be a lie too. Nick was like a breath of fresh air different from the way all the boy’s she knew acted. Well the only boy’s she hung around with was John, Kennedy, Garrett, Pat and Jared and well they where crazy so anything different to them was a god send.

“So who was that on the phone?” He asked, making polite conversation as there dinner arrived, Drayden immediately tucking into her Steak and cream potatoes smothered in onion gravy.

Nick grinned slightly, liking the fact that Drayden was different to the girl’s he usually saw, the type of girls that would have whined about how many calories and carbs where on the menu, and then order a salad and whine about the fact that they where gaining weight.

“Oh it was my best friend, we haven’t talked much because he’s touring with all our other friends” Drayden said proudly as she talked about her boys, she would gloat to anyone that would listen, that no matter how many people doubted her boys, that they would make it and prove them wrong like they’re doing now.

“Oh cool, I’m in a band too” Nick said as Drayden flushed slightly, not realising the boy she has befriended was also in a band, and then felt like an idiot for boasting about her boys.

“So the reason I asked you on this date is because” he started, putting his knife and fork on his plate, as Drayden took a drink, Nick instantly felt nervous and rubbed the back of his neck slightly as he thought about how to word it.

“I know we’ve just met each other a couple of weeks ago, and we still need to get to know each other, well, will you be my girlfriend?” he said feeling more confident the further he went through the sentence, reaching the end his smirk like smile evident on his face.

Drayden chocked on her drink as the word’s registered in her mind, her jaw dropping slightly.

“You serious?” She squeaked as he nodded, his smirk becoming bigger as he noticed how flustered she was getting. “Sure” she squeaked as he grinned, leaning over the table slightly placing his lips upon hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?