My New Dad Hunts Ghost

Your Honor

Tracy’s POV

I sat in the white waiting room, yeah that’s the best way to explain it; white. Grey plastic chairs and plain white walls. Why am I so fixated on the walls you ask; if I don’t focus on something else I’m going to die of anxiety. I remained handcuff to the chair waiting for Nech to come and prep me for court.

I hate this, I’ve never been in juvie before, sure I got into trouble but never something like this. I wasn’t scared of it or anything, hell I’m not even scared if they gave me time for running away but what I was scared of is the fact that I might get taken away from Zak.

Tears threatened to spill as I thought it over.

God can’t do this to me, not twice. He can’t take away two dads from me; that’s just cruel.

“Tracy?” I looked up to see Nech walking towards me.

I smiled lightly when she took a seat.

“What do I have to do?” I asked even though we went through everything I wanted to make sure.

“Basically just answer all their questions truthfully and explain what happened that night.” I nodded; sounded easy enough.

“Is Zak out there?” I looked up and she smiled sadly down at me.

“Yeah, he’s in the waiting room; I just spoke to him.” I nodded.

Zak’s POV

“Sir, you could go in now.” The receptionist said and the guys and I all got up.

We walked through the double doors and I headed to the first row. The court room was similar to those you see on TV; brown benches, tall chair for the judge, two tables for the people on trial and their lawyers. I noticed I wasn’t alone; on the other side of the court room I noticed Ms. Whitman. I ignored her and sat down where I knew Tracy would be. The judge was already seated in his chair; he had a bright red bald head, stubby hands, and glasses that perched at the tip of his fat nose.

He looked down at a file as the side entrance door opened and two officers escorted Tracy into the room. I wanted to jump up and yell; say she doesn’t need to be in cuffs and means no harm but I stayed silent and gave a sad smile her way, she returned it before taking a seat in front of me. I was about to speak when the judge cleared his throat.

“Tracy you already pled guilty to this charge so now its sentencing.”

“Your honor we believe Tracy has learned her lesson and deserves to go home.” I looked over at Nech in shock.

All these times I spoke to her she was kind but in the courtroom she was all business, her voice was firm.

“First I have to hear the story of what happened that night,” the judge leaned forward in his seat and stared down at Tracy.

I saw Nech smile kindly at Tracy to signal for her to go ahead.

“Well your honor.” Tracy started sitting up so her voice could be heard well. “My dad and I- “

“For the record state you dad’s name.” The judge said.

“Zak Bagans.” The judge looked towards the guys and me.

“Which one of you is Zak?” He asked pointing to us with his head.

“I am your honor,” I rose my hand unsure of how else to motion towards myself.

He nodded once before looking back towards Tracy.

“Continue,” he said.

“We got into an argument about boys, he didn’t want me hanging out with someone and I had gotten upset. I started to scream at him and out of anger I left,” she explained.

“And where did you go?” The judge asked.

“Nowhere your honor, I kind of walked around for a few hours. I actually caught a movie then called my uncle to come pick me up a little while after that.” The judge leaned back in his chair and pursed his lips.

“Seven hours?” He asked.

“Yes, seven hours.” Tracy confirmed.

“Tracy, do you like it in juvenile?” What kind of question is that?

“No your honor,” she shook her head.

“Do you want to do your best to stay out of it?”

“Yes you honor,” she nodded.

“Will you never run away from Zak and listen to him now?” She never really had a problem listening before...

“Of course your honor,” she nodded.

“Hmm,” he looked down at his file before looking up at me. “Zak do you believe her?” I quickly nodded.

“Yes I do your honor.”

“Tracy, I am releasing you to your guardian because I think you learned your lesson.” I fought back a smile and I noticed Tracy looked like she was going to scream with joy.

“Don’t get happy yet,” he cleared his throat and a knot formed in my stomach.

“We still have to go to court to find out who your guardian is.” Crap! Forgot about the stupid custody battle.

“You are due to court for a custody battle next week; until then you will remain in the detention center.” I felt like I was going to snap. I wanted to kill someone.

Tracy cannot stay here!

I could tell Tracy felt the same, her aura was radiating anger.

I looked over at Nech to see she was wearing an expressionless face, why wasn’t she doing something?!

The room remained quiet and just when I was about to snap Nech finally spoke up.

“Your honor I’d like to make a request.” Everyone looked at her unsure of what she was doing.

Trust her, she cares about Tracy, the little voice in the back of my head told me.

“And what request would that be Ms. Lopez?” He leaned forward in his chair.

“I request that Tracy stay with Zak for the remainder of the custody battle.” Everyone’s eyes moved to the judge, awaiting his answer.

“Ms. Lopez the agency has her that would be ill-“

“No it would not,” Nech said sternly. “The paperwork to get Tracy back is still pending, technically Zak is still her father by law and she should be returned to her father.”

I love the law.

“It also states by law when he got Tracy if anything happens to her that would harm her she immediately goes back.”

I hate the law.

“Tracy said herself she ran away; Zak did not put her in any harm.” I loved how stubborn Nech was being about this.

My kind of woman.

The judge sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Alright Nech I’ve considered your request and think that in this matter its best if Tracy…”
♠ ♠ ♠
…to be continued.

XD Am I evil? I felt like being evil!
Mwahahahahaha!

This guy said he loved me ^.^
You could hear more about it here

In other news!

I want some questions! For any characters, hell you could even ask me something about my future plans for this story.
It’s not that hard people!
I don’t care if you ask Tracy “how are you”or whatever, I just need questions! PLEASE!
So anyway!
Comment?
-Neche
I GOT NINE FREAKIN' STARS! AMAZING! Wanna try for ten? I SURE DO!