Sequel: Captain Diapers
Status: FIN! But read its sequel!

Caught In The Middle

Chapter 8

We walked along the road side by side, not saying a word after my emotional outburst near the cottage. I was still upset about what Candace said about going to Europe with TJ before Mom’s death. Why would she say that? She knows Mom encouraged me to go. I know Dad wouldn’t be mad at TJ for this. But no matter what, what Candace said still hurts. It’s been over a year since she passed away. I still miss her dearly.

“So are you going to tell me what happen?” TJ asked, always the caring friend. “If you’re not, I’m going to have to tickle you until you tell me.”

“Teej!” I gave him a smirk before telling him. “Candace said that it was your fault that you lured me to Europe last year, causing me to never to say goodbye to Mom.”

“She really is a Bridezilla.” He shook his head as he put his arm around me. “Didn’t your mother tell you to go?”

“Yeah she did. She told me to have fun and seize the moment. How was I supposed to know she was going to die from a heart attack while I was away?”

“We just don’t know.” He stopped me to face me. “But I know your mom would say to stop crying and have a great time.” TJ leaned forward, our foreheads touching each other. “Trust me, you and I are going to have fun.”

“You know it’s a big hike between here and downtown.” I whispered as I moved away.

“That’s why I got us a horse drawn taxi!” I turned around and saw a carriage in front of us. I thought it was going to be a taxi like the one we used to arrive at the resort. But this was made for two passengers.

As we went riding on the carriage, we talked about his season with the Blues and my job as a social worker. While I love working with teens, I do want to expand my horizons and move to a bigger city. TJ was helping me to find a job in St. Louis but I decided to stay home because my father needed me. We also talked about some fun times when I visit him in St. Louis, including the one time during Spring Break when he and I took a similar carriage ride like this.

*March 2009*

TJ had a night off so he decided to give me a carriage tour around the city. Justine and I arrived this morning to spend the weekend here before heading to Chicago to visit Jonathan. I got a tour of the rink as well as meet his teammates. Justine and TJ’s Swedish roommate Patrik clicked and decided to do their own tour of the city.

“What do you think they are doing?” I asked as I snuggled under the blanket.

“By the looks of things, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re back at the apartment, doing things I don’t want to know.”

“Like doing their best ‘vroom vroom party startah’ imitation?” At that moment, we were doing our own best imitation of the Conan O’Brien commercial from the Super Bowl. “So how are things between you and Tazer?”

“Why does everyone ask me that?”

“Because you’re friends and it’s only a matter of time until you’re back together.”

“Teej, we haven’t been together in nearly 2 years. We’re fine the way we are.”

“That’s easy for you to say. But think about it, neither of you have been in a serious relationship since the breakup. And don’t combine all the guys you’ve been on a date with into one big relationship.”

“Hey you’re guilty of that too. You’re just like Candace with her ‘flavors of the week’. Then again you are a man.”

“Yes I am, Mally! But I’m also a man who’s holding for the right girl as well. You, on the other hand, already met the right guy. You just have to find a way to work things out. Just give it another chance.”

“You really think so, Timothy?”

“Wow. That’s the first time you called me by my real name, Mallory. I like it.” At that moment, we just cuddled until the end of the ride.

When we made it back to his apartment, I couldn’t stop smiling. Being around TJ had always been fun but tonight was different. He cared so much about me that he would try to make sure Jonathan and I work things out. I do miss Jonathan but tonight gave me that extra push. I couldn’t wait until I’m in Chicago to see him and see what happens.

As he opened the door, my thoughts of getting back with Jonathan flush down the drain as we see Justine on all fours, getting it from Patrik on the couch. Our mouths dropped as we were witnessing live porn on the couch. Since it seems like they didn’t hear us opening the door, we decided to tippy toe our way into the apartment and into his bedroom. His cleaning habits improved since his days in Grand Forks.

“I guess I am trapped in my own room tonight.” He whispered as I covered my ears, hearing my best friend and his teammate having sex in the living room.

“This is traumatizing!” I giggled as I grabbed my bag and looked for my pajamas. It felt awkward being in a room with TJ since the only time I’ve been alone with a guy in a bedroom was Jonathan. We agreed to not look at each other as we changed to our pajamas. However, I couldn’t help to see him taking off his shirt, exposing his bare back. I’m surprised I felt comfortable seeing him change because he is Jonathan’s friend. Then again anything is considered comfortable than what was happening in the living room.

“Don’t worry, I won’t touch you.” TJ placed a pillow in between so we don’t cross that line. “I’m sure you feel weird about this.”

“Kinda. It’s just that he’s the only guy I’ve ever been with and you’re his friend.” I sat on his bed, putting my dark brown hair into a messy bun. “Are you sure things are going to work out between me and Johnny?”

“You guys are meant to be together. Now get your ass over here.” I crawled over to my side of his bed and slipped under the cover. To make sure nothing happens, he added another pillow in between our bodies. We’ve heard another grunt from the living room, causing us to laugh once again. “By the way, you should go back being a blonde. It suits you better.”


We’ve made it to town as TJ helped me off the carriage. I wanted to find that fudge shop in town so I can bring some back for Skylar and save some for Justine and Phoebe when they come to the island tomorrow. TJ and I finally found a fudge shop and watched as they create the fudge in front of us.

“Hey you were lost in your thoughts earlier.” TJ whispered in my ear as I was watching.

“I was thinking about the time we caught Patrik and Justine screwing on the couch. I’m still traumatized about it.”

“You know Patrik still remembers that yet didn’t realize that we snuck into the apartment.” We both laughed before placing an order milk chocolate loafs. After we got our order, we decided to split the loaf for ourselves. “You know we can practice what your sister is going to do on Sunday.”

“You’re trying to feed me?” I winked at him as he fed me his piece. I accidentally bit his finger but he didn’t mind at all. As I fed him my piece, I look into his warm green eyes and see how much he was enjoying this. My finger remained wrapped around his lips as I felt his tongue teasing it. “I’m sure Jonathan will like this.” At that moment, he let my finger go as I grabbed a napkin to wipe it off. However, the feeling of TJ teasing my finger continues to linger.

When we arrived back to the cottage, I see my father and Jonathan chatting about stuff. Jonathan smiled as I placed the box of fudge loafs on the table.

“Good stuff.” Jonathan took another bite of his loaf. “So what else you and TJ did all afternoon?”

“Just catching up.” I smiled as I smiled at TJ. However, I noticed my father didn’t like what he was seeing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So we have our first innuendo in this story! Fudge and Mr. Rosy Cheeks do mix! Does the Rev. really holding a grudge on TJ? Find out! :)

New character
Patrik Berglund

Stuff
Out and about in the 'Loo
Patrik and TJ's apartment
Longer hair but still brunette
Murdick's Fudge Shop
Johnny's reaction to fudge!