Status: Complete!

Mist

Chapter 15- The Dying Present

Chapter 15- The dying present.

"Now you are going to be mine."

Kasumi went wall eyed, this was not how she imagined she would be spending her morning.

However, she had to get out of this situation, fast.

She could barely think as Madara once again forced his lips onto hers and wrapped his hands around her waist.

The more primitive part of her brain was pervertedly telling her to 'enjoy the ride', but everything else was simultaneously chanting 'run, run, run like hell'.

She knew the right thing to do was struggle, scream and run, but she just couldn't.

His grip was too hard for her to struggle, her mouth was too preoccupied to scream and she was pinned down so she couldn't run.

Not good.

Kasumi knew she needed to do something about this so she bit down on Madara's tongue and shut her mouth.

Finally, Madara broke the kiss and said, "I'm giving you one last chance, cooperate with me, or I will make this painful."

For a second she looked like she might be considering it, but then she threw her head back and screamed, "Harashi-"

Slap.

Two things happened at once, Kasumi whimpered after being slapped and Harashima Senju ran into the room.

When he saw the position they were in and the red slap mark on Kasumi's face he said, "Madara, what is going on here?"

The Uchiha got up off the bed and seethed, "What I do in my bedroom is none of your business."

"It is if Kasumi is not willing and judging by the slap mark she isn't," he returned with as much anger. He did not tolerate it when people of power broke the laws for their own sick needs.

"Get out. I do not need your views on what is right or wrong," Madara growled and activated his Sharingan.

Harashima did not seem phased and he said, "You are a disgrace to the Uchiha clan, I am sure that everyone back in my base would love to hear it."

They continued to exchange insults and meanwhile, Kasumi was able to climb out of the bed, sneak toward the open window and soundlessly climb out.

The Senju had seen her so he purposely continued the argument to give her more time.

Kasumi ran out of the Uchiha clan base and shot into the woods like a bullet.

It was painfully hard on her feet because she was barefoot, but she couldn't stop to waste her time to care.

As she ran, she tried to figure out what she could do. She couldn't make her way back to her clan because it would be too obvious, but where else could she go?

The mountains.

That was her only option. She would have to hide in the wilderness for a while, until Madara forgot about her, and then she would be free to live her life right?

Yes... that had to be true...

However, right now she needed some shoes so she decided to make a small detour to Konoha.

She got there fast and she quickly found a clothing store. Thinking fast, she made a clone, which then transformed into coins.

They were not real coins, but she had no money and no choice.

Kasumi calmly walked into the store, picked out a grey cloak, hiking shoes, a couple of warm shirts, and a backpack.

She paid for everything and hurriedly left in case the clerk noticed the coins were fake.

Then she changed into her new clothes and ran into the forest again. She was sure that by now Madara looking for her.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

"You bastard, you helped her leave!" Madara yelled and threw another punch.

Harashima dodged and replied, "She wouldn't want to leave if it weren't for you."

The Uchiha's frown deepened even more and he attacked with more vigour than before.

By now, they were both outside the base and Harashima was running through the forest trying to get them away from anyone.

He knew Madara was intending to fight him to the death and he would have no choice.

The Senju narrowed his eyes and dodged another hit. This was not how he intended to spend his day.

...

After the Kyuubi is defeated by Harashima and they have been fighting all day.

...

"Die!" Madara bellowed and ran at his target.

Harashima was well prepared though, and not blinded by rage.

He pulled Madara's sword forward and with his own he stabbed him right through the heart.

The Uchiha froze, as if wondering whether to keep fighting or simply die.

"I'm sorry dear friend, I never wanted to do this," Harashima whispered and pulled the sword out.

Madara's body fell to the ground and blood began to pool about.

He looked at the body one last time and then walked away.

How he would miss his best friend.

(1)-(2)-(3)-(4)-(5)-(6)-(7)-(8)-(9)

Kasumi watched with awe from the distance as the Kyuubi raged around, until it suddenly disappeared.

She was too far away to see Madara and Harashima amidst the chaos, but she wondered if they had something to do with it.

Finally, she turned back to the forest path she was following and began to run. If the battle had nothing to do with Madara she was just wasting time.

Before she knew it, night had crept up on her and she had no where to stay.

Luckily, she was travelling down a cliff side and there were bound to be caves.

Another hour passed and at last she found a cave that could be her temporary hide out.

It was huge, the ceiling was as tall as three totem poles stacked on top of each other and there were endless tunnels going in every direction.

Suddenly, she heard a rustle and she tensed up. Then she heard a voice, but it was hard to tell what was being said so she crept up closer.

"... and this will be my base. That bastard will never even know I'm alive! But I am... I... Uchiha Madara am the ruler of this world! I will destroy Konoha until there is nothing left! Not even a speck of dust will be spared!"

The walls began to shake and Kasumi gasped when she heard the entrance to the cave she had come through close.

"So Kasumi, you have come to my lair? How foolish of you, for you will never be coming out of it," Madara whispered in her ear. He was standing in front of her and he looked horrible.

There was a deep gash on his chest and what looked like a stab wound where his heart was supposed to be.

His hair was matted with blood and his eyes had a very prominent twinge of insanity in them.

"Madara... what happened?" she asked, worry laced into her tone.

"Harashima attacked me and now he thinks I'm dead, but I'm not! I am immortal! I will never die!" he bellowed and she backed away unconsciously.

Suddenly, he clutched his chest and cursed.

That stupid stab wound was taking a very long time to heal.

Her previous fear of him temporarily disappeared and she said, "Madara, lie down, I can take care of your wound."

He stared at her with distrust written all over his features, but at last common sense convinced him to oblige.

Kasumi took one of the extra shirts she had 'bought' out and ripped it to pieces to use as bandages.

Then she carefully cleaned the wound with some water from her water bottle and patched him up. During the entire thing he hadn't made a single sound even though he should have been in excruciating pain.

Finally, she broke the silence by saying, "Madara... you're immortal?"

He smirked. "Yes, I will never die and my pathetic clan will be destroyed while I live and watch."

Confused, she asked, "Destroyed? Who would do such a thing?"

"Harashima Senju, he has made the Uchiha clan the police force of Konoha, but it was all so he could keep watch over us. I know he plans to kill my clan," he sneered, but there was an underlying tone of sadness.

Once again, the magnificent cave fell silent until Kasumi said, "No. Harashima would never do such a thing, but if you know someone will try to kill your clan then it would probably be one of his officials."

Madara narrowed his eyes and tried to remember who the main officials were.

They all seemed normal except for that one guy... Danzo was it? Yes, it was him.

He was the youngest of all the elders, but he was also the sneakiest. If someone was plotting the demise of the Uchiha it would be him.

"But Madara... are you sure someone would try this? Your clan is one of the most powerful in the world, why would someone even attempt it?" Kasumi interrupted his thoughts.

The Uchiha frowned and proclaimed, "Of course I'm sure, but that doesn't matter. I will stay here until it is all over and then I will make my move."

Kasumi furrowed her brow. "You're not going to save them? You have to! If someone is going to try this, you have to save them! It's your job is the clan leader!"

"I am clan leader no more, Harashima has control over them now, and I have tried. No one listened to me and for that they will suffer, they deserve to suffer," he ended darkly.

She frowned and continued, "So you're just going to sit in this cave and wait? I haven't known you for a long time, but I do know this is not normal for you. If they don't believe you, get proof."

He ignored her and instead closed his eyes to rest. Sure, he was immortal, but these wounds would still need time to heal.

By the time he opened his eyes again Kasumi was gone. Madara just sighed; she was probably off trying to convince his clan they were all going to die.

Pathetic.

...

Kasumi ran through the forest as quickly as she could.

She didn't know why she was hurrying, but something told her a very important event was about to happen.

About three hours later, she was half way between the village and the cave she had left Madara in.

Suddenly, a man, about the same age as her, appeared a few feet in front of her. He had a strange scar on his chin in the shape of the letter 'x' and it made him seem much older than he really was.

"Are you Kasumi?" he asked in monotone.

She gave him a confused look, but then answered, "Yes, I am, who are you?"

"I am Danzo, but that is all you need to know before you die," he stated and in a flash he had several kunai in his hands and he threw them right at her.

Kasumi barely had the time to dodge and one of the kunai managed to hit her left arm.

Gritting her teeth, she yelled, "What do you want? Why are you trying to kill me?"

His facial expression didn't change in the slightest as he said, "You are an acquaintance of the recently deceased Uchiha Madara and what you know might be a threat to my plans."

The pieces were slowly connecting in her head and she demanded, "It's you! You're the one that is planning to kill the Uchiha clan!"

Finally, there was a small smile on his face, but it disappeared and whole new barrage of kunai was thrown at her.

This time she wasn't as lucky and several of them managed to hit her.

She hissed in pain, but continued to run away from him. She had to live to warn everyone of the attack and now she had proof; her injuries.

More kunai whizzed past her and she had to make several sharp turns to avoid them.

By now, Danzo was catching up to her and she was getting more and more tired. She knew she would not be able to keep this up for long.

Suddenly, there was a sound of an explosion and Kasumi was thrown forward from the force.

She smashed into a tree and it knocked all the wind out of her. Just as she was going to get up she heard the sound of a sword being drawn.

Turning around, she saw Danzo approaching her, clearly intent to kill.

She knew begging would be useless and there was nothing she could do to get away.

There were no more options.

He now stood a few feet in front of her and the outstretched sword was at her neck.

Then he drew back to slash her neck and she closed her eyes instinctively.

Splat.

"Ugh"

Kasumi's eyes flew open and she gasped when she saw Izuna standing in front of her, with a sword through his stomach.

"I... ugh... came... just in time..." Izuna whispered and Danzo withdrew his sword.

"No! Izuna! Why did you..."she trailed off and rushed to the Uchiha's side when he staggered and fell to the ground.

"You... have to... live," he whispered one last time and closed his eyes.

Tears began flowing down her cheeks and she muttered his name over and over again in hopes that he would open his eyes again.

Suddenly, the area around Izuna's left eye began to twist and a small black vortex formed.

Danzo realized what this was and he lifted his sword to finish Kasumi off before it was too late.

She saw his weapon and she gasped when it flew toward her, but then everything went black.

...?

What... what was this place?

Everything was swirling around in a circular tunnel and there was a really bright light at the end of it.

Was she... dead?

"Oh brother hell, do hear my call, as I give my soul to you before I fall."

Kasumi's eyes widened when she remembered this to be the first lyric of an ancient jutsu her clan had created.

"Oh mother earth, do know my dreams, as I turn them true through my seams."

Yes, this was definitely it... but why was she hearing it?

"Oh father heaven, do forgive my heart, as I bleed it out to stop the start."

The strange heavenly voices continued to sing.

"But brother hell, it is not my soul I pay. But mother earth, it is not my dreams I say. Yet father heaven, it is my heart I sway."

Unfortunately, this jutsu was a suicidal one. It allowed you to take the soul of one person, fulfill the dreams of another, but in return your heart was ripped out of your chest.

"Brother hell, do take Uzumaki Naruto's soul. Mother earth, do take Uchiha Madara's dreams. Father heaven, do take my heart."

She furrowed her brow as she tried to figure out who Uzumaki Naruto was and why on earth she would want to fullfill Madara's dreams.

Unexpectedly, everything began to spin twice as fast and felt herself being thrown forward with tremendous force.

She landed on the ground with a loud thud.

Ground?

Then she felt a familiar chakra and she looked up to see a man with short hair, an orange swirly mask and a black cloak with red clouds on it.

"Madara?" she whispered weakly, but then her previous injuries finally took their toll and she passed out.

To be continued!
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... I just have a couple of things to say...

1. I know Danzo isn't supposed to be in this time period, but I thought it would be better that way. I needed someone to mess things up and he was the perfect person to do so.

2. Sorry that I made Madara's last battle with Harashima so short... I just didn't want to elaborate on it too much.

3. Izuna was supposed to die before Madara's battle, but then there would be no at least slightly plausible reason the next chapter to exist... you'll see...

4. I hope this isn't too confusing right now, but I'm hoping to clear things up a bit in the next chapter.

5. If the strange poem makes no sense now... it really shouldn't... but it will! :) *evil grin*

Thanks for reading!

Any thoughts?