Status: It is pre-written yah

Reconnecting With My Dad

Date Night

Emily's Point Of View

After my dad bought Michelle and I flowers. We headed back to the hotel where I went to help my dad get ready.

"So what do you think of this?" Dad asked holding up a white shirt. I shook my head and held up the shirt we just bought him.
"Um daddy, I think you should go with this one." I said holding up the shirt. He put his head down in defeat and put it on.
"Deodorant, you can't forget that, I mean I know Michelle has smelled your stinky pits before but really." I said with a smile on my face.
"Oh my pits are stinky." dad said with a smirk on his face as he came over and shoved them in my face.
"EWww." I said laughing.

"Now, off with your pants and please if you decide to go commando because you think you are gonna get lucky with Chelly, do that in the bathroom." I said as dad flipped me off.
"I'm sorry I don't give it up on the first date, I have more class then that, plus my daughter is sleeping in the room with me." Dad said.
"Good point." I giggled as dad went through his pants. He found a pair of black pants and put them on. It went perfect with the shirt we bought.

"Now you should do your hair spikey and wear this cologne." I said holding out the cologne me and McKenna bought him for his birthday.
"Why that one?" dad asked as he sprayed it on him.
"Because its Michelle's favorite." I said with a smile. I wanted this date to go perfect for dad and Michelle because hell I need my mom to have my last name too.
"Really?" dad asked. I nodded my head as he smiled and walked over to me to make sure he didn't spray too much.
"Perfect. Now go brush your teeth and do your hair. I'm gonna go see Aunt Val and Michelle." I said walking out of the room and taking my key card. I walked down two rooms and knocked on Michelle and Aunt Val's room.

I knocked on the door and I heard 'Fuck I'm not ready yet.' I giggled and said.

"Well, I guess I grew boobs then." I said and heard a phew its the female Haner. Then Aunt Val's smiling face looked at me.
"She has been a mess." she said as I walked in seeing Michelle with curlers in her hair.
"Dad's nervous too, he's been more nervous since we ran into." i stopped before I let it slip.
"Who did you run into Emily?" both Dibenedetto twins said to me.
"Shelby." I said.
"That cunt bitch better not have said anything to my girl." Michelle said which made me smile.
"SHe called me a brat and I said that she isn't my mother because she left me on dad's doorstep saying she never wanted anything to do with me and that dad had to get ready for a date with my mom." I said.
"THat's right he has a hot date with your momma." Aunt Val said as Michelle hugged me.
"And he even agreed he had a date with my mom." I said.

"I'm glad you look at me like that Emily, it makes it easier to know that you aren't going to hate me if me and your dad's relationship goes longer and we get married." MIchelle said.
"Well you are stuck with both Haner's weather you like it or not. Now mother, get ready for your date with my dad, he's almost ready." I said as she removed herself from our embrace and ran to the bathroom taking curlers out of her hair.

"I just hope cunt face doesn't think it's all of sudden okay now that she has seen you to think she can be a mom because I can get my dad to help fight for you to stay in this family." Aunt Val said.
"Dad would be crushed if that happened, I mean I can already tell our relationship is mending and it's been what a couple of days." I said.
"Exactly, I see your dad caring about you too and it makes me happy to know that you getting almost expelled has opened his eyes at how much you lash out." Aunt Val said. After she finished that sentence there was a knock on the door.

"Ugh, I know it's not boob Haner. I'm not done yet." MIchelle said shutting the bathroom door as Aunt Val walked to the door and opened.
"Wow Bri, you look so handsome." Aunt Val said. I peaked around her and saw that dad had borrowed my eye liner and did a little around his eyes and that his hair was perfectly spiked and he had Michelle's flower.
"Looking good old man." I said smiling. DAd smiled back.
"If it wasn't for you." Dad said.
"True story." I said just as the door opened. My dad's eyes turned toward Michelle and a smile lit up his whole face, which I haven't seen in forever.

"Wow." they both said at the same time. I pulled out my camera and snapped a photo of the two of them looking at each other.
"Aww you guys are so cute." Aunt Val and I said snapping dad and MIchelle out of their trance.
"Here, I got these for you." Dad said handing Michelle her favorite flowers. Michelle smiled and took them and I was so happy, like so far so good.

-Brian's Point Of View-

Michelle looked so beautiful in her light purple dress with her hair curled just right to hug around her face. I looked over and Emily and saw her shit eating grin like yes my plan was working of having my family together finally.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Michelle. She nodded her head after smelling the flowers one more time and handing them to Val.
"Will you be able to put these in something for me." MIchelle asked her.
"Of course sis, if you aren't back before this one goes to sleep she is okay with crashing here or I'll be in your room with her Bri." Val said.
"Uh, Aunt Val if you think I'm falling asleep before my dad gets home from his date you are so wrong." Emily said.
"I'll give her until ten before she crashes." I said and Emily glared and stuck her tonuge out at me. I did the same to her which caused Michelle and Val to both laugh.

"Like father like daughter." they said laughing. I held out my arm for Michelle to take which she did and we walked out of the room.
"Remember to wrap it before you tap it, I don't want no siblings yet." Emily yelled which made myself and Michelle blush. Matt walked out of the room he was sharing with Zacky and stopped and laughed.

"Be good to my girlfriends sister or I'll kick your ass. Now my goddaugher wants to spend time with her Uncle." Matt said as he walked into the room Michelle and I just vacated. We walked odwn the hallway arm an arm and out of the hotel to the limo I rented for our date.

"Brian, you didn't have to do this." Chell said.
"I know but I want this date to be perfect." I said smiling at her as the limo driver opened the door for us and I helped Michelle in first and then I followed after.

We fell into a comfortable silence until.

"So, Em told Val and I that you two ran into Shelby, I had a feeling that would happen since we are in where she last was." Chell said.
"Yeah, it pissed me off to know end that she would be out and about when we were." I said sighing.
"Em also told me that she told Shelby that I'm her mother." Michelle said taking my hand in hers.
"Are you okay with that?" I asked.
"OF course I am Bri, I've been around that little girl just as long as everyone else here." Michelle said. I smiled and let out a sigh of relief.
"Thank fucking god." I said as Michelle chuckled.
"I love that little brown eyed girl just as much as you do. Hell I remember being at your house when Shelby dropped her off and how you smiled and then looked panicked because you didn't know what to do." Michelle said. I chuckled because I remembered that clearly.

-Flash back 17 years ago-

I was spending time with Matt, Val and Michelle at my house just goofing off and playing some video games. I was getting over my break up with Shelby after she told me how she hated the fact I got her pregnant and how I wanted her to keep it even after I told her I would support her. I was slowly getting Michelle to notice me when I heard a knock on the door.

"I'll get it." I yelled to my parents and Brent so they would know that I got the door, "be right back ladies and Matt." I got up from the floor and walked to the door. When I opened it, I looked down and saw my little girl sitting in her car seat crying. I Looked around and I didn't see Shelby's car or her parents any where and I knew it wasn't my night to take Emily.

I looked down and picked up the car seat seeing a note that said 'She's just too much I can't handle her, have fun and good luck. You're her father and you wanted her more than I did, so she is your responsibility-Shelby' After I read the note I picked up Emily to try to get her to calm down.

"What's wrong Bri, why do you look panicked?" Michelle asked.
"I'm Emily's care giver now." I said and smiled. I thought about all the responsibility I had now, I had to take care of a human being, I was only a teen in high school I could barely take care of myself. Hell I would go out and get drunk with my friends on the nights that I didn't have Emily, now I couldn't do that.

"What am I going to do?" I asked with my eyes wide once I noticed Emily stopped crying.
I looked in her brown eyes and I knew that I had so much to learn because I had no idea what to do because I would only have Emily on days Shelby let me have her for a few hours.

"Brian, who is at the door?" My mom said as she saw Emily in my arms.
"I don't remember speaking with Shelby's mom about my granddaughter being here?" Mom said.
"That's because Emily is going to be here for good, mom what do I do?" I said as I felt tears well up in my eyes. Mom took Emily and Matt and Val came out of the living room as Michelle wrapped her arms around me and I cried.

"Well, if she is gonna be here for good we are going to start with the basics. She needs a crib and diapers because Shelby didn't leave a lot." mom said. Michelle kept her arms around me as I nodded.
"I'll help you get whatever you need. I know you work in construction and you teach some guitar lessons on the side but whatever else you need I'll help you." MIchelle said.
"And you have your father and I" Suzy said. I nodded as Emily cried once more and my instincts to hold her kicked in.
"mom." I said.
"Of course." she said handing me Emily. That moment my life changed.

-End of Flashback-


"You helped me so much with getting the things I needed for her." I said as we pulled up to the restaurant.
"And Val and I kicked your ass a lot when you did something stupid that could jeopardized you losing that little girl." Michelle said which made me chuckle once again. The limo driver opened up the door and I got out of the car first.

"After you." I said as I held opened the door once Michelle was out of the car. She smiled and walked in and I followed behind her putting my hand on the small of her back.

"How can I help you?" the hostest asked.
"Reservations for two under the name Haner." I said. She nodded and smiled at Michelle and I.
"Right this way Mister and Misses Haner." She said. I didn't even want to correct her and I could tell by the smile on Michelle's face she enjoyed it. She brought us over to a table and I held out the chair for Michelle to sit down and pushed her in after. I sat across her and took her hand in mine.

"Can I take, oh god I have to see you twice already." I heard the familiar voice. I tensed up and Michelle rubbed my knuckles.
"NO you don't now I would like another waitress." I said.
"And where is our daughter?" she sneered.
"At the hotel, probably doing Matt's make up or some more homework or something with Val and Matt, why do you care." I said.

"Don't let her bother you Bri, she is just jealous that Emily's mom and dad are on a date together. I mean I was with you for Emily's first steps, her first tooth, her first word, hair cut, Break up, And all her other first as a mother should be." Michelle said to me.
"You're right Michelle now I would like to speak with your manager I don't think they would appreciate their waitress harassing the customers." I said just as I saw a manager stop in their tracks and turned around to us.

"I'm sorry sir did I hear you correctly, is this waitress harassing you?" he asked.
"Yes she is and I would like to have another one to wait on us, I just don't like it when people judge me just because of how I look and judge me because I'm a better person then they are." I said.
"Right away sir, I'm so sorry, you aren't the first person she has done this too. Rick come and take this table from Shelby." the manager said which caused me to smile. Shelby walked away and a new waiter came to our table.

After that Michelle and I had a nice dinner were I found out a lot of things I didn't know about her and vice versa. After dinner we went to the movies and I felt my phone go off.

"I'm sorry something could be wrong with Emily." I said.
"It's fine. Check on our daughter." Michelle said.
"So this our does this mean you are mine and I'm stuck with you?" I asked.
"Dur." Michelle said and laughed as I smiled.
"Perfect." I said as I reached into my pocket and didn't look at the number to see who was calling.

"Hey is everything with Emily fine?" I asked.
"Hello, am I speaking with Mister Brian Elwin Haner Junior?" the voice on the other end asked.
"And who is asking?" I asked back. Michelle arched her eyebrow and leaned closer to listen as the limo drove us back to the hotel with a stop to get some stuff for breakfast tomorrow.
"My name is Michael Lawson from the Law offices of Lawson and Jackson, I spoke with a Miss Shelby Morrison about custody of a Miss Emily Jade Haner." He said.
"She has no custody of my daughter, she gave up her rights 17 years ago when our daughter wasn't even a month old." I said. Michelle put her arms around me and whispered to me to take a deep breath and calm down.

"Well Mr. Haner, Ms. Morrison doesn't feel that you are stable and Emily doesn't have a stable life. From what she mentioned you are a rockstar on tour currently right now, am I correct?" he asked.
"YOu are correct but I make sure when I am home or not around my daughter has a stable life with my parents." I said.
"Well Mister Haner, from what Miss Morrison stated she doesn't feel that her daughter isn't in a safe environment stating that she is around drugs, alcohol and lots of parties which underaged girls shouldn't be around." he said.
"Excuse my anger sir but for one Shelby has no idea what we do on tour and what we don't do on tour and whenever Emily is on tour there is absolutely no smoking of anything on the bus and no drinking on the bus as well. We have strict rules every member of my band handles, and that is all I'm speaking about. Should I give my lawyer this number to speak with you?" I asked him.
"Yes, that would be best.' He said.
"Then have a grand night Mr. Lawson." I said and hung up the phone clenching my fist.

"She is not taking my daughter away from my family." I said through gritted teeth.
"I'm calling my dad now, don't let this ruin our rest of the night. We'll go back to your room which Val, Matt, Emily and Jimmy are in watching movies and my dad will speak with mr. Lawson." Michelle said. I nodded my head.
'This is why I'm happy you are in my life.' I said. She smiled and I leaned in and kissed her just as the door opened.

"Aw, Uncle Matt and Jimmy you both owe me 10 bucks." Emily's voice said. I pulled away and laughed along with Michelle.

-Emily's Point Of View-

I had bet my two uncles that dad was so going to kiss Michelle. I was so right. I felt myself get picked up and I saw Uncle Jimmy.

"So I thought you guys were watching movies?" Dad asked.
"We were but I knew you would be home soon." I said. Dad shook his head and then looked down at his phone.
"What's wrong daddy?" I asked him from Uncle Jimmy's arms.

"I'll tell you when we get up to the room." Dad said.
"I have him on the line Bri, what's the number." Michelle said as dad handed her his phone. I looked at my dad with worry as Uncle Jimmy managed to get me on his back while we rode the elevator.

-Shelby's Point Of View-

I couldn't wait to have my little girl back, even if I didn't want to take care of her but no one else had to know that.