Status: Active

Scream Me a Dream - Deleted Scenes

Extended Scene: Ville and Soya First Meet

1995

“Soya! Soya, over here!”

Soya looked around the sidewalk, before smiling at her friends and jogging over, giving the older girls a hug. “Sorry, my class ran late. Have you two been waiting long?”

Elli shook her head as she adjusted the strap of her gym bag on her shoulder. “No, we just got out ourselves; we were actually talking about Inka and her boyfriend.” Elli smirked.

“Ah, a new one already Inka?” Soya laughed.

“Don’t tease me tyttövuva.”(Baby girl) Inka grinned, causing Soya to roll her eyes.

“Just because you’re three years older, does not mean I’m a baby.” Soya said crossing her arms over her chest.

“Then you won’t be bothered by the errand Inka and I have to run before taking you home.” Elli smirked.

Soya frowned. “What errand?”

“Follow us; we won’t be needing the car quite yet.” Inka said pulling Soya forward as they walked down the street away from their dance studio.

“Where are we going?” Soya asked, as she looked at the windows of the shops. The only places that were close to the dance studio that Elli and Inka could possibly go to were a coffee shop, a clothing store and a couple of restaurants that were a few blocks away. Soya looked at the direction they were going and sighed. “If you wanted to indulge in pizza, why didn’t you just tell me that?”

“Oh Soya, pizza is not what’s on our mind.” Elli said with a giggle.

Soya frowned. “I thought you were allergic to Thai food Inka.” She said, knowing that next to the pizzeria, there was a Thai food restaurant close by as well.

“Soya, Soya, Soya.” Inka said, wrapping her arm around Soya’s shoulder. “Trust me when I say we are not interested in pizza nor Thai food, but the store that’s tucked in between the two.”

Soya frowned as she scanned the area only to stop wide eyed in the middle of the sidewalk, staring at the two older girls. “No.”

“Oh come on Soya.” Elli said with her own frown. “Stop being such a prude.”
Soya gaped at Elli. “I am not a prude!” She looked around at the people who had stopped at her exclamation, only to blush at their stares before they continued walking. “If my mother ever found out…”

“If our mothers found out, we’d all be in the same position.” Inka said with a smirk. “It’s why we’re not telling our mothers, right?”

Soya sighed. “I don’t know why I have to go with you.” Soya groaned as she started walking again.

“Because we’re your ride home Soya.” Inka said impatiently as she grabbed Soya’s wrist and tugged on it.

“I won’t even be allowed in!” Soya pointed out as they got closer.

“Then just stay by the door and out of the way.” Elli said with a roll of her eyes. “We’ll only be a minute.”

“Yes, I know exactly what I want.” Inka smirked, as they passed the Thai food restaurant; Elli opening the door to the shop. Soya sighed as she walked in, not bothering to fight it. Inka and Elli had strict instructions from both her mother and father to keep an eye out on her.

So with those instructions, she really had no choice but to go inside the shop and stay within eyesight of the girls. Inka let go of her hand, following Elli and showing the young man at the counter their IDs with giggles. He nodded at both of them, his obvious way of telling them it was fine to go further in, before they went giggling into the store, shooting him glances, causing him to roll his eyes.

She looked over at him and bit her lip. He was probably about Inka and Elli’s age, eighteen or nineteen, with shoulder length dark brown hair and he was fiddling with a pen that sat on the counter he was working at. Not wanting to get caught by the clerk, she moved closer to the door, only for the movement to catch his attention, his green eyes meeting her grey ones. He raised an eyebrow in her direction and smirked.

“You can come closer.” He teased. “None of the merchandise bites….much.”

“I know that.” She snapped looking away from him, only to wince at the sound of her voice, ‘That had been rude’ she thought. She looked over to see if he was annoyed, but he only seemed amused as he kept his gaze on her. She sighed. “I’m fifteen.”

“Yes, and I’m nineteen.” He laughed then looked over at the other girls who were giggling at one of the packets on the wall. He looked back over at her. “You can stay, as long as you stay near the register.”

She nodded, but stayed near the door. “Thank you.”

He rolled his eyes. “That was a hint for you to come closer.”

“Oh.” She muttered, nibbling her bottom lip and slowly moving closer to him.

“There you go.” He laughed. “I don’t bite either.”

“Hmm.” She said, crossing her arms over her chest as she avoided looking too closely at the merchandise, knowing that it would cause the nearly permanent blush that usually stained her cheeks to appear.

“So, if you’re fifteen, why are you here?” He asked. She could feel his eyes watching her curiously.

“They dragged me in.” she said looking at her friends. “They’re my ride.”

“Ride from where?” he asked curiously.

“I practice at the dance studio a few blocks down.” She admitted, pulling her sports bag up for him to see the dangling ballet shoes.

“Ah, so you’re flexible.” He smirked.

She frowned. She was a ballerina, obviously flexibility was a must. “I have to be.” She said slowly.

He gave a snort of laughter as he looked at her, his green eyes gleaming in amusement. “I’m Ville Valo.” He said, sticking out his hand for her to shake.

“Soya Toivonen.” She said slowly, taking his hand, ignoring the warmth that ran through his palm to hers, before she slid her hand away and stuffed it in her grey hoodie’s pocket.

Ville frowned. “Toivonen?” he asked. “As in…”

“Yes, Jonah Toivonen, I’m his only daughter.” She said with a roll of her eyes; she hated that her last name was in the news so much, it was the price of having a politician for a father.

“I didn’t think the Minister of Finance had a daughter.” Ville admitted, still looking at her.

“I’m not in the news much; they keep me pretty well shielded.” She admitted. “Go to school, go to practice and go home.” She shrugged. “That’s my life.”

Ville smirked. “Then I think I need to help you branch out.”

Soya laughed as she finally looked at him. “I don’t even know you.”

“Then I say you get to know me.” He said with a grin, causing her to grin as well.

“Just like that?” She asked. “Because you say so?”

Ville blinked, thought he smirk never left his lips. “Well, if I don’t say it, who will?”

“Who indeed?” Soya said quietly, biting her lower lip.

“You’re not like your friends are you?”

Soya blinked. “Why do you say that?”

Ville shrugged. “You’re younger than they are and yet you don’t giggle at the sight of the dildo that’s sitting near your elbow.”

Soya looked down, only to blush and quickly look away. “Obviously people find some type of…pleasure from what you sell; it’s not something to be giggled at.”

Ville smiled at her, noting that at the word ‘pleasure’ her cheeks had tinted a darker red. “True, yet you still blush.”

Soya laughed quietly, looking back at him, her grey eyes holding him captive. “I embarrass quite easily.”

“And so proper too.” Ville teased, but let the subject drop, even if he did enjoy watching the blush creep up her cheeks. “So, is dancing what you want to do in the long run?”

Soya shrugged. “I guess, I like it for now, it gives me something to do other than sitting at home and studying. Why do you work here?” She asked, looking over at him with a raised eyebrow. “Is this what you want to do in the long run?”

Ville laughed, catching the teasing lilt in her voice. “It’s my father’s store.”

Soya stared at him in disbelief. “Your father’s?”

“Have a problem with it?” Ville asked, his soft gaze hardening a bit.

“Not a bit.” Soya said with a quick shake of her head. “Just…my father would kill me if he found out I stepped foot in a store like this, let alone worked at one.”

Ville chuckled. “Yes well, I’m sure it’s more for the media’s sake than for the idea of working at a sex shop.”

Soya shook her head. “No, I’m pretty sure the idea of me working at a store like this would cause my father to seize.”

Ville chuckled. “‘A store like this’, you can say sex shop, you know, I won’t be offended.”

“Don’t hold your breath, little Soya doesn’t curse.”

Soya looked over at her friends as Elli came back and pinched Soya’s cheek, causing Soya to frown at her and cross her arms over her chest. “I hate it when you call me that Elli.”

Elli laughed. “Ah, Soya; don’t be annoyed.”

“Found it.” Inka sang as she walked up to the counter, holding the movie. “This is the one Aapo was telling me about.”

“If you marry him, little Soya will never be able to look him in the face.” Elli teased as Ville rang up the movie.

“I refuse to be a bridesmaid to that wedding.” Soya muttered, causing Ville to snort as he told Inka the total.

Inka gave him the money, stuffing the movie in her sports bag before smiling at him. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome, have fun.” Ville smirked as he handed Inka her change.

“Keep it.” Inka waved at him, “For keeping little Soya company. Come on, your mother will kill us if we get you home late Soya.”

Soya nodded, biting her lip, before sending Ville a smile. “It was nice talking to you Ville.”

Ville nodded. “Nice talking to you as well.” He bit the inside of his cheek, watching as she gave him once last glance before she followed her friends out. He tapped his foot on the floor, before quickly abandoning his spot at the counter and going outside, calling Soya to stop.

The three girls turned with wide eyes, causing Ville to shake his head. “Sorry, I just…” he looked down, letting his hair cover up the red tint that threatened to cover his own cheeks, before stuffing his hands in his pockets and looking back up, catching Soya’s grey gaze.

“Yes?” The girl he remembered Soya calling Elli said.

“I just….” He shrugged. “Just wanted to know when you’d be back in the area.” He admitted.

“Oh!” Soya squeaked.

Inka laughed. “We practice every Saturday at noon until four, and Wednesdays from three to five.”

“Oh, all right, well then, I hope to see you…all…again soon.”

Elli giggled. “I’m sure you will; come on then Soya.”

Soya sent him once last glance over her shoulder, watching him give a small wave before heading back into the shop, as Elli pulled her down the street, back towards the studio. “Our little Soya is growing up!” Elli cooed.

Soya frowned. “What do you mean?”

Inka laughed. “Other than the boys in our classes, you don’t even talk to the boys at school; I have to say the sex shop boy is the first you’ve even looked at.”

“Oh! Don’t call him that!” Soya said with a frown. “His name is Ville.”

“Next she’ll be telling us his phone number.” Inka teased, pinching Soya’s cheek. “Come on tyttövuva, let’s get you home.”

“I really do hate it when you call me that.” Soya said with a sigh as she followed her friends towards the car.

XxxxxxX

Ville crushed the stub of a cigarette on the wall he was leaning against as he watched the doors to the dance studio open and a mix of girls and boys flood out. He hadn’t been able to stop thinking about the blushing fifteen year old since she’d walked down the street flanked by her two friends, that last Saturday. Even his friends Linde and Mige, had realized something was on his mind when they’d had band rehearsal the day before.

He wasn’t even quite sure why he was so captivated by her, he knew virtually nothing about her, just that she was a ballet dancer, she was fifteen, and she had the most innocent looking grey eyes he’d ever had the pleasure of making contact with. Shaking his head to clear it, he watched the groups that were idling in front of the building, only to catch sight of the dark wavy hair standing on one of the steps looking around, only to meet his gaze and freeze.

Ville kept her gaze, never blinking as he tried to rationalize the feelings that flooded through him. The hands he had stuffed in his pocket grew sweaty, knots of nervousness filled his stomach and he was sure he would have to pull out his inhaler soon, if his damn heart didn’t stop racing like he’d ran a fucking marathon.

All of a sudden he blinked, feeling himself calm, he crossed the street before he could rethink his actions and before he knew it he was standing in front of her, speaking.

“There’s something about you Soya Toivonen, and I can’t quite put my finger on what it is, but I want to try.”

A sly smile made its way to her lips, “I should warn you, Mr. Valo, I’m not that type of girl.”

Ville frowned at her, only to laugh when he caught on to what she meant, “I assure you, it’s only friendship I want.”

Soya bit her bottom lip, before letting it slide out of her front teeth and grinning at him. “I’d really like that.”

Ville gave a breath of relief as he smiled back at her. “Good, that’s good.”

“You were doubtful I’d agree to your friendship?” She teased.

“A bit, if I’m being truthful. Are you busy right now?”

“I’m actually looking for Elli and Inka.” Soya admitted. “They take me home after class.”

“Oh, I just thought, maybe you’d want to go grab a coffee or something. I mean, if you drink coffee, you could get a tea if you don’t.” Ville winced at his rambling and ran a hand through his hair.

“I do…I mean drink coffee…on occasion.” Soya said, capturing her bottom lip again. “Uh…we usually go get an early dinner after class…”

“Oh, then I won’t keep you.” Ville said taking a step to leave.

“No, no, I mean…” Soya sighed, before giving him a smile. “Just wait here?”

“Yeah, yeah. Sure.” He nodded.

“All right.” She laughed, dropping her bag at his feet before jogging down the steps. He watched her walk over to a group of girls, tapping one of them on the shoulder. When Inka turned around, she smiled and hugged Soya, listening to what she was saying. She looked at Soya in surprise before looking up at Ville, grinning and throwing her arms around the younger girl in a hug, nodding enthusiastically. Soya grinned back, before turning and running back towards him, picking her bag back up.

“You’ve got two hours of me Mr. Valo.”

“Really?” He asked surprised.

Soya nodded, adjusting the bag on her shoulder. “I mean, if that’s all right.”

“No, no.” he said quickly. “That’s perfect, there’s a coffee shop by my dad’s shop if you want to walk over there.”

Soya nodded. “Yes, that’d be nice.”

“Great.” Ville nodded, looking at her bag. “I can carry that if you want.”

“No, it’s fine.” Soya smiled at him, following him as he led the way towards the coffee shop. “It’s not heavy at all; it just has my clothes in it.”

“How long have you been dancing?” Ville asked, curious about her.

Soya shrugged. “I don’t know, about ten years now.”

“So, since you were five?”

Soya nodded. “Something like that.”

Ville smiled at her. “If you’ve been dancing for ten years and show no signs of quitting, I’m guessing you want to become a professional dancer.”

He watched her shrug again, keeping her eyes to the ground. “I’d love it, we’ll just see if I’m good enough to make it.”

“I’m sure you’re a wonderful dancer.”

“That’s a kind thing to say.” Soya said, finally looking at him. “So, working at your dad’s store, life long career or just helping out.”

“Just helping out, I go in when I’m not with the band.”

“Band?” Soya asked.

Ville nodded. “Now that’s my dream, do you want to get a table and I’ll get the coffee?” He asked, as he opened the door to the coffee shop for her.

“Um, yes, that’s fine.” Soya nodded, looking around the coffee shop.

“Anything in particular you want?”

“Something cold with caffeine and chocolate.”

“Easy enough.” Ville nodded as he walked towards the counter, leaving Soya to find a table. Soya found an empty table near the window, dropping her bag on the ground as she sat down and gave a tired yawn.

She looked away from the street and over at Ville who was waiting at the pickup counter as the barista made their coffees. His hands were stuffed in the pockets of his black skinny jeans and his black shirt hung off of his skinny frame loosely. It wasn’t like her to follow boys to coffee shops and talk to them; really it wasn’t like her to talk to boys. Period.

Elli and Inka had been right in the assessment they’d made on Saturday when they left Ville’s father’s shop; Ville had been the first boy that she’d even looked at and had had a conversation with that wasn’t just a dance partner in one of her classes. To be truthful, what he’d said to her in front of the dance studio a mere fifteen minutes ago had rung a bell within her, because just like there was something about her that he couldn’t put his finger on, there was something about him that she couldn’t quite figure out, and she really wanted to. The man had her curious.

“Iced mocha?” he asked, setting the plastic cup in front of her as he held his own warm coffee in his hands.

“Perfect.” She said.

“God, I didn’t even ask, did you want something to eat, I can get you something.”

She put a hand on his arm as he started to get up, causing him to pause. “I’m fine, thank you though.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.” She laughed. “The cook will have dinner ready when I get home, its fine.”

“Cook?” He said slowly.

“Toivonen; my father’s a politician, comes from a wealthy family, my mother can’t cook to save her life.” Soya said with a small smile. “Niina doubles as the cook and the nanny.”

“You have a nanny.” He said, trying to hide the teasing smile.

“Had.” Soya said crossing her arms. “I’d rather not talk about my family to be honest, I’m sorry I opened that can of worms.”

Ville nodded slowly. “All right.”

“Sorry.”

“It’s fine.” He shrugged.

“So, you’re in a band.” Soya said slowly, wanting to change the subject.

“Yes.” Ville nodded.

Soya bit her lip as she watched him curiously. “I bet you’re the singer.”

Ville grinned. “Why do you say that?”

“You’ve got such a pretty face.” Soya blinked, and felt the blush stain her cheeks as she quickly grabbed her drink and took a sip.

“Well then, you bet right, I am the singer.”

She swallowed the caffeine and nodded. “What’s the band’s name?”

“His Infernal Majesty, though we’ve been thinking of just going by HIM.”

“Catchy.” Soya grinned.

“We think so.” Ville nodded.

Soya bit her lip as she looked around the coffee shop, before settling her gaze back on Ville who was staring at her. “Sorry,” she sighed. “I’m not good at this.”

“Good at what?” he asked.

“Casual conversation.” She admitted, biting the end of her straw, before taking a sip and setting the cup back on the table. “The friends I have are people I’ve grown up with, we all run in the same….” She shrugged. “Social circles I guess, so I don’t really branch out much. I’ve never had to…”

“Actually get to know someone.” Ville finished for her.

“Yes. So I’m sorry if it seems like I’m not interested, I’ve just never had to do this before.”

Ville chuckled, “It’s fine, this is new territory for me as well. I’ve never stalked a girl to her dance studio before.”

Soya laughed. “Well, now I’m flattered.” She ran her finger down the condensation of her cup.

Ville shrugged. “We just have to find some common ground is all.”

Soya nodded, biting her lip as she thought. “Well, do you only sing in the band or do you play anything?”

Ville shrugged. “I play the drums from time to time, a bit of guitar and bass and some keyboards.”

“Impressive.” Soya nodded.

“Do you play anything?” Ville asked.

“I played flute when I was younger, clarinet after that, piano a few years ago and right now it’s the violin and the cello.”

“That’s all?” Ville smirked.

Soya shrugged. “My mother likes to keep me busy, idle hands are apparently the devil’s play things.” She rolled her eyes. “The couple of hours I’m with Inka and Elli is really the only free time I have during the weeks.”

“So with those instruments, I assume you listen to a lot of classical music?”

Soya winced. “I play it so much that I tend not to listen to it unless I’m at practice. I listen to a lot of rock I guess.”

Ville grinned. “Like what?” he asked eagerly.

Soya shrugged. “A lot of KISS, Led Zeppelin on occasion, a bit of Black Sabbath. Really anything Inka and Elli have in their cars and most the time the tapes aren’t even theirs but belong to their boyfriends.”

“See!” He said excitedly, grinning wildly, showing off the charming gap between his teeth. “Common ground!”

Soya laughed. “Well then, this is a good start.”

“Are you a reader?” Ville asked.

“I can, if that’s what you’re asking.” She said smartly, causing him to laugh.

“What do you read?” He asked.

“I don’t know, a lot. Right now it’s mostly all for school, but I did start reading ‘The Sorrows of Young Werther’ by Johan Wolfgang von Goethe, it’s a depressing book,” she admitted, “but I love it. I’m guessing you read.”

“I can.” He mocked, causing her to smile. “Yes,” He nodded. “I do; I’m a Poe fan.”

Soya squealed, quickly covering her mouth, blushing at her reaction as Ville laughed at her. “Sorry,”

“It’s fine.” He laughed.

“I love ‘The Tell-Tale Heart’ and ‘The Murders in the Rue Morgue’.”

“You’re a smart girl, aren’t you?” Ville asked with a raised eyebrow.

“I’m not dumb.” She said with a frown.

“No, no. That’s not what I meant.” He laughed. “I meant you’re much more well-read than most girls your age. I’m guessing if I talked to your friends Inka and Elli, they wouldn’t know who Edgar Allan Poe or Johann Wolfgang von Goethe are.”

“No, Inka and Elli don’t read anything other than what school requires them to, and even then, they’re always asking me what the books are about.” Soya laughed, only to frown as she saw the black car pull up in front of the coffee shop watching as the driver got out and looked around. “Oh.” She groaned.

“What is it?”

Soya sighed. “I’m being searched for.” She grabbed her bag and smiled at him. “I have to go.”

“I’ll walk you out.” Ville said as he grabbed his coffee leading her out of the restaurant.

“Soya! Olen etsinyt sinua kaikkialta!”(Soya! I’ve been looking all over for you!)

“Anteeksi Nathen.” Soya said quietly as she opened the door and threw her bag in, looking back at the thirty five year old man that drove her everywhere. “I had coffee with a friend.”

Nathan looked away from the teen, over to the young man standing beside her. “Hello.”

“Hei.” Ville said, giving a small smile.

“I’m Nathan, Soya’s driver.”

Ville nodded. “Ville, I’m Soya’s friend.”

“A new friend I’m assuming, as she doesn’t have male friends.” Nathan laughed, making the dimples on his cheeks appear.

“Nathan!” Soya hissed.

“Ah, little Soya, I only tease. Now say goodbye, we’re already running late. I have to take you to get your dress for this weekend’s party and then your haircut, and don’t forget you’ve got your cello lesson after dinner. Go on, say goodbye.” Nathan said motioning her to turn to Ville, before he slid back into the car.

“Busy girl.” Ville stated.

“Very.” Soya sighed. “I’m sorry I have to cut this short.”

“It’s fine.” Ville laughed. “I’m glad we got to know each other a bit better.”

Soya bit her lip, looking at Nathan who winked at her, before turning back to Ville. “Do you work Saturday?”

Ville shook his head. “I have band practice in the afternoon though.”

“Oh, well, this Saturday my dance class is being cut short due to my teacher having to go out of town, so if you’re free I’ll be out around two; Nathan can pick me up later that afternoon. I mean…if you’re free?”

Ville nodded slowly. “Yes, I’ll be free.”

“Great.” Soya said, capturing her lip again. “See you on Saturday then.”

“I’ll be outside waiting.” Ville nodded with a grin.

“Great.” Soya repeated. “I have to go now, thank you for the coffee.”

Ville nodded. “Thank you for the company.”

Soya smiled at him, tucking her hair behind her ear, before she turned and slid into the back seat of the car, closing the door. She gave Ville a final wave, before Nathan pulled away from the curb and towards the dress shop where she had to pick up a dress for a political party she had to attend that weekend.

“He seems like a nice young man.” Nathan said looking at Ville from the rear view mirror.

Soya turned, looking out the back window to see Ville crossing the street towards his father’s shop. “He does, doesn’t he?”
♠ ♠ ♠
And that is their first meet!! This scene actually won by one, and it came out really easily. I hope you all enjoy it and I can’t wait to see what you all think. Unfortunately I have nothing to bribe you with : ( but I hope to see you all commenting anyway : D

Thank you all for the comments the last chapter and again hope you all enjoyed this one!!

-Kassandra