City of the Damned

Chapter 10

GERARD'S P.O.V

I tried to stand up, but felt my leg give way and i collapsed on the floor. I groaned as bits of dust fell from upstairs. I couldn't see anyone in the wreckage. I couldn't cry out because my voice was too hoarse from all the dust i had inhaled. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even walk. I daren't move much in case the roof fell on top of me.

I opened my mouth, trying to shout for someone, anyone. No one answered.

TESS'S P.O.V

I heard muffled shouts coming from somewhere amongst the rubble.
'Gerard! Frank! Anyone!' I screamed as loud as i could. Another muffled shout met my ears and i almost jumped in delight. But a) I wasn't that sad and b) I might crush us all. Not a good idea.
I picked myself up off of the floor and brushed down my trousers. My head was bleeding profusly(sp?) and i had a gash down the right side of my leg. But apart from that i was in pretty good shape, considering.

I leant against a piece of wood to support myself. I could hardly see anything, so i stumbled and tripped a fair few times.
'Shit,' i muttered, as i kicked a large beam that seemed to hold the whole building together. The roof began to shake slightly, sending more dust down on my head. I choked as it caught the back of my throat and spat it out on the floor.
'Urrgghh,' i heard a moan and jumped.
'Who the hell?' I looked round, seeing no one.
'I'm down here,' came a voice from the 'floor'. The one that i had spat on. It was Mikey. I knelt down besides him.
'I am so sorry! Are you ok?'
He ignored my question. 'It's ok. Where's Kellie?' he looked around, but like me, saw no one. 'Is she alright?' He attempted to get up, but yelped in pain. 'Ok, not a good idea. What the hell happened?'
'I don't know. Something came crashing through the wall and the building collapsed.'
'Well done, Einstein. I figured that one out for myself,' he said, sarcastically then sighed. 'I'm sorry, i didn't mean that. You seen anyone else yet?'
'I thought i heard someone, but that was about five minutes ago. No response since.' I coughed. 'But i'm guessing if we don't get out soon, we're in trouble. It's not gonna hold,' i said, referring to the building. Mikey nodded and grabbed hold of my arm to get himself up.
'I can't see, your going to have to help me,' he replied. His glasses were nowhere to be seen. He looked in pretty bad shape. His left arm hung loosely, like it had being snapped. He had various cuts all the way down his face. His shirt was ripped open, revealing a deep hole in his chest. He gasped slightly, everytime he breathed. I kept glancing nervously at him, worried about what was going to happen now.

KELLIE'S P.O.V

I can't breathe right now. There are two reasons for that. One was i had inhaled smoke and dust and lots of other things. The second was that Bob was lying on top of me. Normally i'd have been able to lift him off, but i was too weak and i felt dizzy. I had been hit by a falling beam. It struck me on the head and knocked me out. Now i was awake i was pretty scared. There was no sign of anyone else but me and Bob. Caz should have been here, but i couldn't see her.

Bob wasn't moving either. One more reason to be scared. He wasn't moving and i couldn't tell whether he was breathing or not. I had a feeling his leg was broken as it was twisted the wrong way round. It made me sick to look at.

I pushed against his large frame, trying to move him. Even a centimetre would do. Then i could get out. Apart from a few extra cuts i was fine. I couldn't feel the sharp spike that ran through my leg. Damn stakes. It was a good job i wasn't keeping them in my bag. A stake through the heart. And i wasn't even a vampire.

I began thinking of strange possibilities of how i could die. Not exactly pleasant but it passed the time i guess. Then i thought of Mikey and how today was the only day that i hadn't told him i loved him. We had being too busy for that. Tears rolled down my cheeks. I hoped he was alright. If it was a choice between me and him dying i would pick me. He couldn't die. He was so special and he didn't know it. I laughed as i thought of my teacher when i was younger.
'Your a very special girl, Kellie. Don't you forget it.' I stopped laughing when i realised i had saw her on the way into Chicago. Well i saw her head anyway. The rest of her body was nowhere to be seen.
God, what an exciting life i lead.

EMILEE'S P.O.V

I shook Frank time and time again, but he didn't move.
'Please wake up Frank. I've only just got back. You can't die. You promised you'd take me to Austrailia, remember?' I couldn't stop the warm, salty tears falling down my cheeks. This was so unfair. Why did he have to go now?
He's not going anywhere said a strong voice in my head.
'Great, now i'm talking to myself,' i sniffed.
'Nah, i can hear you,' Frank mumbled, half conscious. I had never being so happy in my life.
'Frank!' i cried, throwing my arms around him.
'Owww, Emilee!' I sprang away immediately.
'Did i hurt you?' i asked him, worridley. He shook his head and hugged me gently. We broke away and he frowned.
'When did i promise to bring you to Austrailia?'
I giggled. 'When we were five,' i reminded him. He closed his eyes to look back. His face brightened and a smile spread across his face.
'Oh yeah! But i told you i'd bright you on that magical duck i always swore i saw,' he laughed. 'Phillip, the magical duck. He was awesome,' he started laughing, then stopped abruptly. 'Have you got any skittles, i'm starving.'