City of the Damned

Chapter 2

It was chaos. Screams echoed through the air as people were slaughtered. I didn't know what to do. I considered going back inside, but decided not to trapped when those things got to me. I ran to my car and locked all the doors. I had to get away, that much was clear. I turned on the radio. But all i could hear were screams. Even the news crew were getting eaten. I tried to take deep breaths, cos i was pretty sure i was gonna throw up. I drove threw the neighbourhood, undisturbed. I was suprised at first, but then it made more sense. Why go for a moving target, when there are hundreds of helpless people, trapped in their own homes. I examined the streets as i drove through them. Houses were on fire, children were crying out for their mothers. But their mothers were dead. They were all dead. I drove over countless bodies. One even got up afterwards and continued moving. What the hell was going on? To say that people were being massacred right in front of me, i was strangely calm. God knows why. I just felt a feeling of security in my car. Like nothing could hurt me. Not yet anyway.
I considered stopping at the traffic lights. The idea seemed ridiculous as i watched a policeman being ripped apart, limb by limb. The screams got quieter as i drove further out of town. But the violence was still unmissable. The carnage was unbelievable. A steady stream of blood ran down the sidewalk. It seemed to never stop. God i felt so sick.
I watched as an elderly man shot at one of the creatures. He turned around, certain it was dead. i watched as the creature slowly got up, unfazed by the gunshot wound to his head. He grabbed the man's neck and twisted. His limp body fell to the floor. The creature smiled to itself and leaned over him. What happened next wasn't repeatable.
I drove round and round, until my gas was nearly gone. I stopped outside a nightclub, that seemed unaffected by everything outside. A neon sign flashed 'Guilty Pleasures'.
Oh great, i thought. I wonder what sort of nightclub this was then.
I walked in warily, glancing behind me, every so often. The bartender nodded to me, politely, then carried on talking to two men, in front of the bar.
'....so they're out patrolling now,' said the first man. He had medium length black hair. It was looked slightly messy from the back. The other guy, shorter than the first, sighed heavily. His hair was black also, but tidier and shorter.
'Talk about inconvinient times though. We've only just dealt with Jersey..... again,' he laughed. 'It all goes on there. Mind you, we shouldn't even be here. Why are we here?' he asked the taller one.
'Bob wanted us to come. Understandedly.'
They both nodded and sipped at their drinks. Did they know what was going on?

Gerard and Mikey are taken by the way