Status: UNICORNOIS!!

I'm Not Insane

12 of 22

I leaned back in my desk and let out a sigh. ‘Well this sucks’ I thought cause I have to wait another hour for lunch. Another hour to confront Jake. Trying as hard as I could, I just couldn’t focus on the math lesson. My mind kept drifting off to random places. I only caught a few problems and the steps they. My spacing stopped right when we the teacher handed out all of our homework. I sighed, not understanding one bit of it. I really need to learn how not to space out in lessons. I sighed as the bell rang and I walked to my locker. I sighed and threw my stuff in their. Reaching into my backpack, I grabbed another Rockstar. I walked into the lunch room grabbed an apple and a cookie and walked out. Nikki was already out there with her daily dose of Oreo's. I was walking over to her when I spotted Jake.

I ran over to Nikki and said,"Nikki I will be right back, make sure no one takes my energy drink or they will be peeing blood."

She gave me a look and replied hesitantly,"Okay......"

I ran to catch up to Jake. Once I caught up to him I reached and grabbed his shoulder. I pulled him around the school building. “Yes?”he asked. I sighed and looked around.

"What did the kiss make us?"I asked, being completely blunt.

He thought for a second and then answered,"I'm not sure, but do you regret it?"

"No, do you?"I replied.

"No I don't," he said,"so where does that leave us."

"I really don't know,"I answered still confused.

"Okay well would you like to go out, with me this weekend,"he asked, slightly unsure of himself.

I smiled and said,"Yes, I would like that."

We started walking back to lunch when his hand wrapped around mine. Looking up, I noticed he was smiling down at me. I leaned in closer to him as we continued to walk back to the group. Right when we got back we got weird looks from everyone besides Sandra since she already knows what's going on. I blushed because they kept staring at us and then our hands and then back at us.

Sandra was the first to break the on-growing awkward silence,"So what happened?"

"Well,um-,"I started to say right when Andy came up with his new girlfriend and cut me off.

"Hey what did I miss"he asked and received a lot of yells, telling him to shut up.

"So?"Sandra asked dragging out the ‘o’ dramatically.

"Well, um we are dating, right?"I replied asking Jake.

He smiled and nodded his head. Everyone looked at us and then Nikki spoke,"Are you serious? Do you really want to do this shortly af-."

I cut her off and sighed,"I'm sure Nikki, just trust me this once." Everyone soon went back to their food. Jake sat down leaning against the tree and I sat right between his legs, leaning back on him. I soon noticed something was missing. Clearing my throat, everyone turned and looked."Where the hell is my Rockstar?"I asked. Jimmy gulped and glanced around guiltily. I sent him a glare causing him to start laughing. Tossing me my Rockstar, I ducked out of the way so it wouldn’t hit me. I sighed in happiness as I cracked the top open. Leaning back, I drank about half of the can when Jake grabbed it from my hands and took a quick drink from it. I faked a shocked gasp and cried out,"How could you?"

"Whoa whoa whoa, what happened?"Jimmy asked glaring at Jake, his over-protective brother side shining through.

I answered,"Jake took my Rockstar." They all started laughing causing me to huff and mutter,"It's not funny." Jake kissed the top of my head as he laughed along with them. I crossed my arms and sat back again and finished the rest. The can was soon gone because Jake still kept stealing drinks from it. Once lunch was over I sighed, not feeling like getting up.

Jimmy scooped me up and carried me through the doors and I moved around so I was on his back. He started running through the halls with me yelling random words. We got asked to stop many times, but did we listen, NOPE.

-time lapse till the end of the school day-

Jake rode home with Sandra cause she said she had to talk to him so that left me with a overly hyper Nikki. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, her and Bill kept kissing in the back seats so I grabbed the spray bottle that was in my glove box. I don't know why I have it but what ever, it’s a good use for stuff I guess. I began spraying them every time they went to kiss. So needless to say, I pretty much ran out of water by the time we reached home. The worst part was the backseat of my car was now drenched from the water. I quickly pulled into the driveway. Opening the car door, I ran inside the house and down to the basement.

I grabbed my acoustic from the wall and began strumming a song. I started humming along with it, half way.

-Sandra's POV on the way back to the house-

The car ride was very silent. Breaking the silence, I asked,"Do you really like her, Jake?"

"Yes I do,"he answered.

"Well then since that's over,"I sighed,"I’m just letting you know, that if you break her heart, not only I, but pretty much everyone she knows will kick your ass."

He sighed,"I know."

-Back to Valencias POV-

Not noticing anyone, I kept playing and singing softly. I looked up as I readjusted my guitar and I saw Jake, Andy, Jinxx, Sandra, and Jimmy down there. Jimmy smiling proudly of me and the others looking astounded. Jimmy walked to the sound board and hit the intercom button. I asked nervously,"What are you guys doing down here?"

"We just came down to watch you play," Jimmy answered.

"How did you know I was down here?"I asked.

Jimmy replied,"Please Vee, the only reason you would race out of a car is if it was to come down here or if Criminal Minds is on and I know Criminal Minds is not on."

Jake asked,"Did you write what you were playing?"

I blushed and answered,"Yeah."

"Can you play it again and this time actually sing louder so we can here you?"Sandra asked.

"Fine, I guess I can,"I sighed and started up again:

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors
Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no
Ain't even gray, but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time

And I'll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom
I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger
I've never known the loving of a man
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand

There's a boy here in town, says he'll love me forever
Who would have thought forever could be severed by
The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time

So put on your best, boys, and I'll wear my pearls
What I never did is done

A penny for my thoughts, oh no, I'll sell 'em for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singing
Funny, when you're dead how people start listening

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

The ballad of a dove
Go with peace and love
Gather up your tears, keep 'em in your pocket
Save them for a time when you're really gonna need them, oh

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time
So put on your best, boys
And I'll wear my pearls

Once I finished, I asked,"So what did you guys think." They all ran in and gave me a hug saying it was awesome. I began laughing at their reactions. Once we were done messing around down in the studio we (more like I) had to make dinner. I made homemade pizza which was gone in a few minutes with Jimmy exclaiming it was like an orgasm in his mouth.

Once everything was cleaned up in the kitchen, I ran upstairs to my bedroom to get ready. As I was finishing up there was a knock on my door. I called out to the person, telling them to wait a minute as I pulled on my shorts. I went to it and opened the door and saw Andy standing there. Opening the door wider, I let him in and went to sit on my desk chair. Andy stood by the doorway and said,"I'm sorry I didn't tell you it was just you weren't here and I didn't want to tell you over the phone."

"It's fine Andy,"I replied,"so what's actually bugging you?"

He was about to say something when he stopped and shook his. He mumbled,"Nothing just nothing." Turning around, he left the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song title: If I Die Young by The Band Perry.

So comment what you liked, disliked and/or what I could've done better.