Sequel: One Way or Another
Status: finished...check out the sequel >>>

Gerard, Me and Mikey

Chapter 29

*Sunday Morning*

Nicole’s POV

I finished getting dressed and headed downstairs to have breakfast with my family. Sunday was kind of the only day we could spend together since they didn’t have to work and I didn’t have to go to school.

“Morning” I walked in the kitchen yawing as I stretched my arms a bit.

“Morning sweetie” they both greeted me, they were in a good mood this week.

“Sit down honey, I’m making some coffee and waffles”

I sat down. And soon enough we were all sitting at the kitchen table with a plate of waffles and a cup of coffee in front of us.

“So honey how was your week?” my dad always tried to start a conversation the most typical and boring way.

“Ok I guess” I answered after taking a sip of my coffee.

I wasn’t going to tell them about the amazing night I had with my boyfriend. Cause they had no idea I had a boyfriend.

“Ok? Well how was the school dance you went to? Who did you go with again?”

My mom seemed to take more interest in starting conversations asking things she thought I considered interesting. My dad paid extra attention to me when he heard her ask about that somebody.
“I went with Mikey”

“Mikey? That kid you’re always hanging with?” my dad seemed to be more interest in him then in how the dance was.

“Yeah. And his not a kid dad.”

“I know, Nicole you know that’s how I refer to you teenagers, you kids” he said smiling proving his point.

“Right…”

“So tell us Nicole how was your ‘date’”? my mom seemed quite interested in my life now. My dad looked like he wanted to ask some more questions about that ‘kid’.

“Honestly?”

My mom nodded.

“It was amazing mom! I mean the music was great, so was the food…”

“How was Mikey?”

“Mom!!”

My dad looked at my mom and at me with a horrified and overprotective father look.

“Sorry honey. I just wanted to know more about his and your relationship. You two are friends or….”

My mom knew me. Knew me all too well. How did she figure this out on her own? She barely sees me during the week.

“Well…that night he asked me…”

“He what?!” my dad exploded. He hadn’t even let me finish say what I wanted to say.

My mom put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. He has been way too overprotective of me during…well all of my life. I had never had a boyfriend and I felt awful cause all the girls in school had tons and I felt like a loser and well yes that was what I was. I was really shocked when he hadn’t reacted to the fact I was hanging out with a guy. I guess he let it slip since he was the only friend I made, and he knew how hard it was for me to make friends.

“He…asked me to be his girlfriend” I finished saying a little bit scared of his previous reaction but somehow blushing. It was cause I thought of him. Mikey. He made me blush so easily, by just thinking of him.

“Oh you’re growing so fast!” my mom said overjoyed and got up giving me a motherly hug.

My dad had still an unhappy face.

“Matt, why aren’t you happy for our daughter?”

“I am….I guess. It’s just that I haven’t even met this guy”

“Oh, you’re right. Honey I haven’t actually met him either….how about we invite him over for lunch? What do you say Nicole?”

I thought it quickly thinking about what would happen. Well my dad was going to be eyeing him the whole time and my mom embarrassing me. But…I had to. They were my parents and didn’t even know my boyfriend. And besides Mikey seemed like the kind of guy that’s great with parents. And that way I could avoid Gerard, instead of going over to his house.
But some part of me wanted to see him again.

“So sweetie what do you say?”
“Oh, ahh….yeah that sound great.” I smiled excitedly cause I was gonna see Mikey again.

“I’ll go call him” I went back upstairs to my room and grabbed my phone looking for his number and dialed when I found it.

“Hello gorgeous!”

God bless caller ID, no more boring hellos.

“Hi sexy, what’cha doing?”

“Um…nothing. Just thinking about you”

“Aww, Mikey! I love you”

“I love you too babe! I wanna see you!!”

“So do I! But guess what.”

“What?”

My parents want you to come over for lunch. What do you think?”

“Sounds great! I’m gonna see you soon. Thought God I’m kind of nervous to meet them.”

“Ah, don’t be. I’m the one who should be nervous. My mom’s gonna embarrass me, I just know it!”

“Aww, what she’s gonna show me cute pics of you as a baby naked? I so wanna see them!”

“No!! You don’t.”

“Yes you’re right. Why see pics of you naked as a baby when I can see you naked in person.”

“Mikey!! Please, what’s with you? Such a perv lately…”

“Sorry babe. But you’re the only one to blame”

“Mike….well are you coming then?”

“Hell yeah! I’ll be there in an hour or two.”

‘Where you going?’ I heard someone ask him in the background.

“Gee I’m going to Nicole’s to meet her parents. They invited me to lunch”

‘Can I come? It’s Sunday, I got nothing to do, and I’m bored.’

“I don’t know…..can he?”

“Uhh…yeah, why not?”

“Great thanks Nicole!” Gerard sounded excited, how bored was he?

“Ok guys I’ll see you in while”

“See you” they said in unison. But is sounded cute, I mean they’re brothers.

God, Gerard was coming over. It’s going to be uncomfortable and awkward.

***

“They’re coming?” my mom asked me as soon as I told her about Mikey and Gerard.

“They?” my dad added himself in the conversation.

“Yeah Mikey and his brother Gerard.” I explained to them.
“Oh…ok. How old is he?” my mom, always curious.

“Umm…19 I think.”

“Wouldn’t their parents like to come as well?”

“No, um…they live alone. Their parents died, last year”

“Ohh! That’s terrible, poor kids. How did they died?”

“I’m not sure, they didn’t tell me.”

“Ok, well at least we know not to mention them…” my dad seemed concerned about them.

“Well, I’ll go set up the table, mind heating the over honey?”

“Sure”

I went to the kitchen and bend down in front of the oven to make sure it was being heated at the right temperture.

*******

I heard someone knock at the front door.

“I’ll get it!”

I got up from the sofa and forgot about the Dancing with the stars rerun I was watching out of pure boredom.

I skipped to the door and opened it finding to well dress brothers.

“Ohh hey! Why so dressed up?”

“Mikey here wanted to make sure to cause a good ‘first’ impression”

“I see….” I couldn’t help myself and laughed.

They looked like they were going to a wedding.

“Well you didn’t have to Mikey, you look good in anything you wear even in sweats. You could never cause a bad impression”

“Aww! How sweet!”

He inched closer to me and kissed me deeply.

“Oh God! Agh..!” Gerard made his way passed us after showing how grossed out he was.

“He’s jealous.” Mike assured me.

“I know….” I murmured and luckily he didn’t seem to have heard me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what! This story got reported!! =(
It looks like it's cause of the title, cause it has "tags"
I don't see anything wrong with the name of the title having the character's names, I mean I did that so it would be easier for MCR fans to find this and read it.
I don't know if I'll be able to post this if it's reported, but what did you think?
Comments?? On both story and it being reported.