Sequel: One Way or Another
Status: finished...check out the sequel >>>

Gerard, Me and Mikey

Chapter 44

Nicole’s POV

Seeing Mikey crying had really touched me, and made me feel awful. Maybe it had all really been a big understanding.
Or maybe not.

They’re confusing me more each day, I’m confusing myself too with all my mixed up feelings.

“Gee, we should really go now” I sat up, on the ground.

The light green grass was now a darker shade thanks to the poor lighting. I had no idea what time it was, but the sun had just set and we were in the middle of the woods, half naked.

“I guess we should” he sat up to, grabbing his shirt from the grass and putting on.

I was disappointed by his action, I loved seeing him without it. But I started putting on the rest of my clothes too, and after we were fully dressed we walked through the dark woods trying to find our way back to my car.

“Uh, are you sure this is the way?”

We had been walking a few minutes now and couldn’t quite distinct anything in the dark.
His grip tightened on my hand, assuring me I had nothing to worry about.

“Don’t worry. I’ll get you home safe, promise”

I couldn’t see his face too well in the dark, but I felt a smile in the tone of his voice as he promised me that.

We walked carefully through a rock path now, not really remembering it from before.

“Are you sure we’re not lost?” I asked still worried a bit.

He sighted deeply and turned to me. I could see some of his face features thanks to the moonlight. He had a worried face as well.

“Oh my God, we’re lost. Aren’t we?” I started panicking, especially cause I remembered of my parents who should be home by now.

“Well…I wouldn’t say lost….more like a little misguided. But don’t worry, I’ll get you home. Let’s just go back the way we came….”

“We’re lost, great….my parent’s are gonna kill me, after they finish you” I giggled at my exaggeration and his giggle followed soon.

Our soft giggles and my voice echoed as we started going the other way.

“I guess I would deserve that, I’m an idiot loosing ourselves in the middle of the woods at night.”

“No you’re not. You’re actually really sweet and romantic bringing me here in the first place.”

He stopped walking, pulling my hand with him bringing me to a stop as well.

“I’m glad you think that”

His lips gently rose mine, in a sweet and tender kiss.
When he pulled away, he brought my forehead to his lips planting a gentle kiss on it.

“We better keep going before it get more late”

I nodded agreeing and we started walking again hand in hand.

As we were walking we could start hearing water falling from the natural hot spring where we had been earlier.

“We’re getting closer. Thank, ahh!”

I let out a piercing scream, as I felt something sharp dig into my ankle.

“Nicole what the….holy shit is that a snake?”

I only heard his voice now, my eyes were shut from the pain that was now becoming unbearable

“Gee it stings like hell…ahh!”

I opened my eyes for a second and saw Gerard was a few feet away from me kicking something on the ground. I wanted to tell him to leave it alone, I didn’t want it to bite him too. But I couldn’t speak now, instead the only noises I could make were painful moans.

I saw him turn around and start running towards me, before I closed my eyes once again.
I felt him pick me up and start carrying me hopefully back to the car.

It seemed like forever till he finally placed me back on the ground to open the car door, carefully placing me in the passenger seat. After closing the door, I saw him run to the other side of the car and get in. Starting the car before even closing the door. The door closed shut when he started putting the car in march and we sped off.

I had no idea a what speed we were going but the road was quite bumpy.
The pain was killing me and he knew it.
He placed one of his right hand on my left leg trying to calm me down a bit, but that actually made it worst. Now I had to be in pain while knowing he was driving fast with only one hand on the wheel. I just kept my eyes closed, hoping it would be over soon.

*******************

Mikey’s POV

I was making myself some coffee when I heard the phone ring. I grabbed the phone from the kitchen table, where I had left it earlier.

“Hello?”

But instead of hearing a boring and expected hello in return, I heard my brother’s voice telling me that he was on his way to the hospital with Nicole.

“Wait, what?! What happened?!”

“I gotta go, I’m driving. Why don’t you meet me in the hospital, the emergency room”

I agreed and he hung up.
Hurrying up the stairs to my room, I grabbed my jacket along with my cell phone and headed back down.

I got in the car, starting it, forgetting all about the fact that I didn’t have a driver’s permit. But who cared. Nicole needed me.

I backed out the driveway, speeding up as soon as I got to the corner of the street. I droved not giving a damn, but at the same time praying I wouldn’t get pulled over again.

*****

“Where is she?” I asked my brother as soon as I got to the emergency room.

He was leaning against the wall, his finger tapping impatiently against it. His face beyond worried.

“They just took her, they said they’re gonna give her some kind of antidote or something like that”

“Antidote?! What the fuck happened?!”

His eyes grew big as if he was gonna have a panic attack. His hand trailed through his medium jet black hair.

“We went to the park after Starbucks to talk a bit. She needed someone to talk to and….a snake bit her?”

It sounded more like a question than a statement. Which made me wonder.

“A snake…..in the park?”

I have to admit that I had never seen a snake in a park but, I don’t know. It could be true. It has to, right?
I mean, why would my brother lie to me?

He nodded, and turned his face in the other direction as footsteps were heard. A nurse approached us.

“Nicole Smith’s family?” she asked looking at us, since we were the only people in the room.

I was gonna tell her we were related, when I heard the doors open behind me and footsteps closely followed by a familiar voice.

“We’re Nicole’s parents. We got the call from the hospital and got here as soon as we could”

The nurse moved towards them, whispering and telling them where to go to wait. Then she left the same way she had come.

“Boys do you know what happened?” her mom’s voice was worried and had a sad tone to it too.

I was gonna answer when Gerard beat me.

“We were at the park and she got bitten by a snake.”

I looked at her parent’s face as they listen to what my brother told them. They seemed surprised but now even more worried.

“A snake? That’s horrible! Oh my God, I hope my baby’s alright”

Her husband placed his arm around her shoulder and they started walking down the hall, from where the nurse had come from. But not before telling us to go with them.

*******

Two hours had passed and we still hadn’t seen her. I was growing even more worried by the second. What if she had had an allergic reaction to the venom? What if she couldn’t make it?

I was filling my head with awful thoughts. That is until the same nurse from before appeared again telling us what I had wanted to hear so much.

“She’s now recovering and is resting in her room. You may see her now if you like. Of course, I’m gonna have to ask you one or two people at the time since the room isn’t too big”

We nodded and decided that it’d be best for her parents to go see her first, of course.

We sat in silence in the chairs that were near by her room, waiting for our turn.

“Were did you guys really go?” I asked facing my brother who was sitting to my left.

“I already told you Mikey, we were at the park”

I wasn’t gonna buy that, snakes don’t live in the park. And if they ever did, they would be removed by the animal control or something.

“Gee don’t lie to me. You and I, both know that snakes don’t live in parks”

He shifted in his seat nervously.

“We were…we…” he stuttered but was interrupted by Nicole’s mom.

“You guys can go see her if you want”

He was the first to stand up and rush to her room, obviously avoiding our conversation.
I followed him quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God!! this story has 10 stars!! =D
thank you guys so much for that, cause it wouldn't be possible without you readingm subscribing and commenting on this story! really thanks a lot.
How's everyone spending their christmas day? having fun??
what did Santa get you?? I got the LOTMS cd/dvd and am loving it! =)
comments guys??
and merry christmas!! I love you ALL!