Sequel: One Way or Another
Status: finished...check out the sequel >>>

Gerard, Me and Mikey

Chapter 45

Gerard’s POV

I walked in the room where I had been told she was at.
When I saw her, connected to the little monitor by a black wire, I felt guilt. She was here all cause of my fault. If I hadn’t took her to the woods none of this would have happened.

I stood next to her, she was still sleeping, resting. I took her hand in mine and softly ran my thumb across the palm of her hand.

I heard footsteps behind and when I looked up Mikey was standing there staring at our hands.

“What are you doing?” he asked, jealousy quite visible in his eyes and voice.

I let go of her hand and took a step back from her. I didn’t want to tell him the real reason why we were here. I didn’t want to deal with his jealousy fits.

“Just…hoping she wakes up soon.” I looked around the room, my eyes finally ending on the creamy curtain on the window, at the other side of the room.

“I hate hospitals” I added, my eyes landed back on the white tiled floor.

He walked over to where I was just seconds ago, right in front of me and took her hand in his. He planted a soft kiss on it and started to talk to her, trying to ignore the fact that I was still in the room.

“Nicole…I’m so sorry. I was really stupid, yes it’s true and I did have a crush on her but it completely disappeared after I saw what a slut she was and….how madly in love I am with you and…you’re with me. I love you so much than words can say, please you have to forgive me, I’m so sorry if I hurt you. It was never my intention…it was hers and you have to know that. She couldn’t stand to see you with me, she was jealous and is a total slut….and I’m an asshole for losing you for something so stupid….”

As Mikey kept rambling on and on, I saw Nicole’s eyes flutter open, her sleepy face almost gave me a heart attack from all the cuteness.

“Mikey…?? Where am I??” she rubbed her eyes as she looked around confused.

As soon as her eyes found me, a smile appeared on her pale face.
I smiled back too, waving at her excitedly behind Mikey’s back.
She giggled, covering her mouth with her right hand.
As soon as Mikey saw her do that, he looked back at me. I pretended I had no idea what happened, keeping a straight face on. He just looked at me like he knew I had done something and turned his attention back to Nicole.

“You’re at the hospital…you don’t remember anything at all?” Mikey answered her question, asking another at the end.

She shook her head, apparently she had forgotten what had happened. Which could be a good thing.

“You don’t remember? We we’re at the park talking and a snake bit you.” I told her, hoping she would actually believe it. Than if she believed it, hopefully so would my brother and her parents.

She looked even more confused.
How hard was it to believe that there was a snake at a park, for God’s sake?!??

I sighted, not even minding if she remembered or not. I just wanted to get out of this place. I really hated hospitals.

“Actually what I remember was that we were at the w….park” her eyes landed on mine and she changed her mind about what she was about to say. Thank God.

“Really? A snake at a park? I just don’t see how that can happen….”

“Ahh would you stop it with that! Let her rest, stop confusing her more…” I shouted at my now annoying brother.

He gave me a dirty look and walked out of the room with his head bent down.

“Gee…”

I turned to her, getting closer.

“I actually find the snake in the park story quite believable.” she smiled at me staring deeply into my eyes.

“Agh, finally someone with common sense!”

She giggled at my exclamation, sitting up slowly and moving aside. Making room in her bed. She patted the now empty space next to her.
I walked over to the door, closing it and walking back to the bed.

“So, you got us back to the car” she stated leaning her head on my shoulder.

“Yeah, I guess I did…..we’re alive!” I laughed and put my arm around her shoulder.

She placed her head on my chest, wrapping her arms around my waist.

“You smell sooo fucking good…as always” she inhaled my scent from my shirt. I had no idea was so fucking good about coffee and cigarettes.

“Do not. I’m all sweaty…”

“Are not….umm…well, yeah maybe a little” she giggled as she rested her head back on my shoulder.

I almost jumped in the air when I heard the doorknob wobble. I jumped, but off the bed and sat on the chair next to it.

“Miss Smith? Everything ok?” asked the same nurse from earlier.

She eyed me and the empty space on the bed suspiciously.
Had Mikey hired her to spy on us???

I giggled quietly at that thought. My brother was kind of a freak, and when he was in love, he was, well….capable of almost anything.

Nicole nodded and the nurse disappeared back through the door saying she was going to let the doctor and her parents that she was awake.

“Pretty close, huh?”

She looked at me before sighting.

“Yeah….”

*****************************

Mikey’s POV

I kept pacing through the waiting room back and forth. I had just seen her and there was aprenetly something they knew, that I didn’t. But I had to find out.

“Mr. and Mrs. Smith?” the doctor appeared through the hall again.

Her parents, nodded, telling them they were Nicole’s parents.

“Well, she just woke up and is doing just fine. She can leave whenever she wants. I do have to ask for her to rest for a couple of days well before returning to her normal activities.”

Her parents nodded once again and the doctor left going the other way down the hall.

I followed her parents to her room.
My brother was sitting in a chair next to the bed. There was an empty space on her right side of the bed I hadn’t seen before. I tried my best to control myself from thinking things that maybe hadn’t happened.

“Honey, how are you doing?” her mom inched closer to her, planting a kiss on her forehead.

“I’m fine mom. Can we go now? I wanna go home and sleep in my bed”

“Of course. Matt help me get her up”

I watched as they helped her get up. And walked with them to their car in the lot. As soon as her mom closed the back door she turned to me.

“Mikey, can I ask you a favor sweetie?”

I nodded, really caught off guard. What favor could she as me for?

“Well me and Matt are gonna have to stay at work till late, and she really shouldn’t be alone just in case something happens. Do you think maybe you could stay with her?”
I was gonna control myself from not screaming yes excitedly, and just answering a simple yes, but my brother didn’t even let me.

“He can’t. He has class….but I could if you want. I’m free all day”

What the fuck?! Hell no.

“Actually, I have no problem skipping class for her, I mean to take care of my only friend” I blushed thinking of her, how cheesy can I get?

“Oh, well umm…..I think it be best if you don’t miss class Mike, Gerard you sure it’s not a problem?”

“Of course not. We’re really close friends now, it’ll be fun”

I cringed at the words “Really close” and “Fun”.
What kind of fun Gee?? Huh?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO SORRY for taking SO long to update, it's just that my internet modem thingy didn't work right, and they said I had to wait till next month (which is today!) anyways, I wanna wish all my awesome and amazing readers a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! =D
how was it? what songs did you listen to while waiting for the new year to come, I know that when the countdown started I had the songs The kids from yesterday and Save yourself, I'll hold them back stuck in my head, haha so I guess this is gonna be one amazing year! =)
COMMENTS to make the new year even more amazing??? Ahh, this story is 10 stars already! Thanks so much!! Love you all! (Gee and Mikey love you too! <3 )