Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Miracle at Rush Valley

“Rush Valley!!!! Automail! Automail! Automail! I’m so happy!” Winry smiled and started jumping around, “Look! It’s the most recent gods model!” Winry smiled looking through a window, “I never thought I’d see one with my very own eyes!” Winry cheered.

“Welcome to the Holy land of automail, this place is bustling,” Alphonse spoke, “Remind me why we let ourselves get dragged out into this heat to look at a bunch of automail. We should of dropped Winry off at the station and headed straight to Dublith,” Edward snapped.

“Hey kid, come back here a sec! I’ve never seen an automail quite like this before,” the man grabbed Edwards arm, “It really is unusual, everyone take a look,” another man spoke, “Hey… hold on a second, hey, ever heard of personal space? Quit it! No, No! don’t undo that! Ahhh!” Edward yelled as you saw his clothes get thrown off, you laughed, “don’t be so rude, they just want a closer look,” Winry smiled.

You smirked as Edward got dressed again, “Jezz… this is why I steer clear of automail engineers,” Edward spoke and then had a look f confusion on his face as he checked his pockets, “Oh no…” Edward spoke, “what’s up?” you asked, “It’s gone…” Edward started to sweat, “Only the thing that proves I’m a state alchemist… my silver watch… gone…” Edward spoke, you all started screaming in worry, “It sounds like you guys had a run in with Paninya.” The automail engineer from before spoke, “Paninya?” Edward asked, “A pick pocket around here who likes to target tourists,” the second automail engineer explained, “Do you know how I can track down this Paninya girl, she took something important,” Edward asked, “Let’s see, where is she again,” the automail engineer spoke, “I know what might jog my memory,” The second engineer looked away, “If I can have just one more look at that automail,” they both spoke together. Edward glared and made a blade on his automail. “The Automail shop run by an engineer named Dominic!” They both yelled in shock scared of Edward. You laughed, “Let’s go,” you walked ahead.

“Apparently this guy lives in the mountains because he can find the highest quality ore around here, are you absolutely sure we’re going in the right direction, because those engineers could of tricked us,” Winry complained, “What are you complaining about, its all your fault for dragging us to that stupid automail town in the first place,” Edward spoke. You sighed; you were use to the heat and walked ahead as they started fighting. You had a bright light flash in the corner of your eye, “Guys…” you spoke, “What!” Edward and Winry yelled, “Could that be her on the bridge?” you pointed, they all looked over.

“Ha! Ha! I got you now!” Edward yelled, and created havoc on the mountains with his alchemy, you sighed, and followed after him. You and Alphonse waited for the girl as she jumped down, “I’ve been waiting for you,” Alphonse activated his transmutation and it created a cage around Paninya, “Nicely done Al,” Winry smiled.

Edward walked over, “Now why don’t you hand it over, my watch-” Edward jumped back as Paninya cut the bars with a knife appearing from her automail leg, “Come you can’t be too surprised, you’ve seen the town haven’t you?” Paninya smirked, “Oh and! My other legs got a 1.5 inch cannon!” Paninya smiled and skipped away as Edward and Alphonse dodged the cannon, “Come back!” Edward yelled, “No way, why don’t we see if you can catch me!” Paninya smirked.

Winry grabbed Paninya’s wrist, “Well now how do you like that, that wasn’t so hard,” Winry smirked, “Good work Winry, now don’t let her get away!” Edward smiled, “Now way I’m letting her go! Not yet anyway, not until I’ve had a closer look at that automail!” Winry smiled. You, Edward and Alphonse all fell on your faces as you got to her.

“Oh, hello there Paninya… friend of yours?” a woman and a man, “Not… really…” Paninya called.

You were all invited inside as Winry looked at Paninya’s automail legs, “I’ve never seen craftsmanship like this before, it has an advance suspension and would you look at this balance, the design of this piece is truly a work of art, its incredible,” Winry chimed and smiled, “Er, do you think we could talk about my watch?” Edward asked, “It’s no use brother,” Alphonse replied, “the work you’ve done is simply fantastic, you’re a wonderful engineer,” Winry smiled at the man by the door, “Oh no, don’t look at me Miss, I wasn’t the one who made them,” the man replied, “I am,” another man walked around looking a lot older, he looked down at Edward.

Edward was once again with his trousers and top off sitting on a crate getting his automail looked at, “His arm seems a bit heavy,” Dominic said, “Yes, I guess it is,” Winry agreed, “You ought to be more careful not to strain your outfitting, that could be the reason why his growth is stunted, “Hey! Shut up!” Edward yelled, then he had an idea, “Wait are you telling me if my automail was lighter I’d grow taller?” Edward asked, “It is a possibility,” Dominic looked away.

You giggled at the funny face Edward had, “Mr. Dominic, I beg you make me your apprentice!” Winry bowed forward, “Not a chance girl,” Dominic flat out declined, and “Maybe you would like more time to consider the idea?” Winry was stunted herself, “No need, I don’t take on apprentices,” Dominic explained, “I understand but maybe you could take time out of your busy schedule to teach her how to make automail to make me taller?” Edward begged, “Can it you little flee,” Dominic looked away.

You laughed as Edward fell on his face. Dominic walked out of the room, “Sorry about that, my old man can be pretty stubborn,” Dominic’s son spoke.

You walked behind Alphonse as he dragged Edward by his jacket, “A little flea… he called me a flea.” Edward was upset, “Oh you moron… the Edward I know wouldn’t get so upset about a stupid little comment like that… oh…” you looked across the room and saw the woman who lived in the house was rubbing her stomach. Your face lit up like a Christmas morning as you ran over to her with a great big smile on your face, “Are you having a baby?” you smiled, “Why yes, would you like to feel?” the woman smiled, “Oh yes please!” you grinned and Julie put your hand on her stomach as you felt the baby moved inside.

Edward and Alphonse came over and they saw the joy in your face and Julie guided their hands to her stomach as well. You all felt the little miracle inside her, “It’s like there’s a miracle in your stomach,” Edward spoke, “yea, we we’re insides moms tummy like this once upon a time too,” Alphonse spoke, “I can’t wait till I make a miracle like this someday,” you smiled, Edward looked at you in shock, “It’s something I’ve dreamed of since I was a little girl,” you had a sad smile on your face, Edward put his hand on your shoulder. Julie cringed for a moment then stopped, “Are you ok?” you asked, “Y-yea,” she smiled.

Edward and Alphonse walked out the room for a bit as you sat and talked to her, “What’s it like, to be having a baby?” you asked, “It’s a wonderful feeling, a wonderful feeling to be a mother,” Julie smiled, you smiled too as she cringed again, you knelt in front of her, “Are you sure your ok?” you asked in concern, “I… agh…” Julie cringed as you saw water appear out of no where, “The baby is coming…” you whispered in shock, “I guess its time,” she smiled, “Yea… I’ll go get help,” you ran out the room, “Sir, please its your wife, she’s going into labor…” you spoke to Dominic’s son, “She’s… she’s… what?” he was shocked, “She’s having that baby!” you yelled, Edward and Alphonse heard as they walked in, “Go get Winry!” you said, “R-right,” Edward nodded and ran off, “We need to get her somewhere comfortable,” you spoke and walked back to the soon-to-be-mother. “Come on let’s get you somewhere comfortable, do you think you can walk or will we have to carry you?” you asked.

You got Julie to the bed; Dominic went to get the doctor himself as the storm was too rough to get her to the hospital in town. “Pap will be right back with the doctor, just hang on a little longer ok,” Dominic’s son begged, “There’s no hanging on here, it’ll come whenever its ready too,” Julie suddenly cringed, “What’s the matter Hun?” Dominic’s son asked, Julie whispered something, and again, “What’s that I didn’t hear you?” Dominic’s son asked, “I SAID IT’S COMING!” Julie yelled.

Everyone started screaming as you stood still next to Winry, “SHUT IT!” you yelled, everyone stopped, “We’ll just had to do it,” you spoke, “Do what?” Edward asked, you and Winry looked at each other and nodded, “Deliver it,” Winry spoke, the others screamed.

“So, so you’ve seen a baby been delivered before?” Dominic’s son asked, “No I haven’t, but we don’t have any other options here. I need everyone’s help, we are going to do this!” Winry explained.

Winry got an apron on, “Ed and Al go get me some boiling water,” Winry instructed, “Right” Alphonse nodded, “Sure Winry,” Edward joined Alphonse, “Paninya and Rea, go find some towels and hurry,” Winry looked at you both, “Rodger!” Paninya spoke you nodded and ran off with her.

You got back to the room with Paninya with the towels and put them at the bottom of the bed.

“Boiling water, disinfectant, towels, and what else was there, remember it now,” Winry spoke, “Winry,” Edward spoke, “You can do this,” yourself, Alphonse, Edward and Paninya spoke together, Winry nodded. “Paninya, Rea, give me a hand in here,” Winry looked at you, “Sure,” Paninya spoke.

You went in the room as Edward and Alphonse waited outside, there was a lot of screaming as you helped encourage her to keep going as you held the towels ready.

After all that work you sat down against the wall with some blood on your hands, Paninya walked out the door. Edward and Alphonse walked in as you were looking at the little bundle of joy in Julie’s arms. “Hey, what’s going on?” Edward asked Winry, Winry pointed ahead of her as he looked at the little baby crying in Julie’s arms.

“It’s a baby! Hurray!” Edward and Alphonse cheered as you stood up, “Awesome, it’s a real live baby, Awesome! Awesome, awesome!” Edward cheered, “Really, awesome? That’s all you can think of to describe this?” Winry asked as you helped clean up the baby.

Edward helped Winry outside to get her a seat as you smiled at the baby.

A while later you heard Paninya yelling at Edward about something, you smiled as the Doctor came and looked over the mother and child, “Hello there, I’m your granddad!” Dominic smiled, “That’s sure out of character,” Edward muttered, “Mother and baby both look perfectly healthy, it seems like the delivery was handled excellently, well done! Sometimes even adults can’t take being present at a child birth,” the doctor spoke, “Oh no, we did what we had to, that’s all,” Winry explained, “We are truly in your debt, what you did was amazing, especially you young lady. Thank you,” Dominic spoke and bowed down, “Please sir there’s really no need to thank me. Oh my goodness now your gonna make me blush,” Winry bowed her head down as Edward got an idea.

“Maybe you could make an exception and take on an apprentice?” Edward smirked at Dominic, “One has nothing to do with the other, I don’t take on apprentices and that’s that, but if that’s what your hearts set on I can recommend you to an accomplished engineer at the end of the mountain,” Dominic went to walk out the room, “Pardon me, would it be ok if I came by and watched you work sometimes?” Winry asked, “I wont stop you from coming once in a while, to see my grandchild. The same goes for the Tomboy,” Dominic rubbed the back of his head.

* * *

“Come on Al, Rea, if we miss this train there’s not another one for 3 days,” Edward spoke, Alphonse jumped on then grabbed Edward’s hand and pulled him on, “Heyyyy!” you called and jumped off the edge of the platform as Edward and Alphonse grabbed your hands and pulled you on, “Now you three be careful!” Winry called, “You too Winry!” you called, “Don’t forget to call Granny and keep her posted!” Edward yelled, “Oh please! Like your really one to talk Ed!” Winry called, “And make sure to steal that old mans techniques so you’ll have something even better for me the next time I see you ok!” Edward yelled, as you 3 waved.