Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Reunion

Envy then let go, and glared at you sideways, “Why not kill me?” you asked, “You’ll just come back to life, and we’re not allowed to lay a finger on you especially,” Envy smirked, “Your more special to our father then you realize,” Envy smirked and leaned his arm above you, “You may be short and naïve but your still beautiful and intelligent, that’s what father says anyway,” Envy smirked at you, you stood there confused as Envy leaned in towards your ear. “Father has eyes for you, he wants you to live forever, in a way he told us homunculi to call you… Mother,” Envy smirked, you froze, “I’m not your mother… I never created any of you…” you shook your head, “Father took some of your personality and made some of us from your traits…” Envy smirked, “Lust, the one who the Colonel killed was made from your Lustful trait. Father said you could be very seductive at times when you we’re younger. And then Wrath was made from your temper, which over the years has actually calmed down now, but he based Wrath and Lust on yourself, then came along myself, Envy, you Envy humans because they are mortal and you are not. So I was born, so I should be saying, Thanks… Mom,” Envy smirked, you stepped backwards and then saw a light up ahead of you.

“Oh… seems like the Pipsqueak and the Xing brat have made a camp,” Envy smirked, “Come on Mother,” Envy smirked; he loved calling you Mother just to see the look of disgust and sadness on your face. “Stop calling me that, and don’t you even dare call me that in front of Edward and Ling, got it!” you poked his chest in anger. “Fine, fine, a child always listens to the parent,” Envy was eating this up; he loved annoying you like this.

You walked over and saw Edward and Ling, “Edward… Ling,” you smiled and ran over to them both and hugged Edward, “Rea,” Edward embraced you as Envy came out of the shadows, “Please show me the way out of here!” Edward yelled, “You’re just going to start begging for help like that!” Ling yelled, “If it means surviving I’ll be his best friend…” Edward complained, you fell on your knees and sighed, “It doesn’t matter because there is no exit…” Envy spoke, “you’ve really gotten us into a fine mess. I can’t believe you got me swallowed with you,” Envy covered his face, “You just said swallowed, so we’re really inside Gluttony’s stomach?” Ling asked, “No, we’re not, but yes we are” you spoke, “What do you mean? Rea?” Edward asked, “It’s a lot more complicated then that, just ask the pips- I mean the alchemist, he should of realised what place this is, Reaka has,” Envy spoke, “I did notice something when Gluttony swallowed us. It was like I had a familiar feeling,” Edward spoke, “So you do remember then, this isn’t the first time you’ve been through this,” Envy spoke.

You sat up and looked at Edward, he was in shock, “The portal of truth!” Edward spoke, “but… it wasn’t pitch black and filled with a sea of blood… it was more like, an entirely white void,” Edward explained, “Oh yea, so that what the real one looks like,” Envy spoke. “The real one?” Edward asked, “Gluttony is a failed experiment by our Father and Mother, to create his own portal of truth,” Envy smirked as you glared at him, “He’s a what? Despite how powerful our Father is he still couldn’t create one, we’re trapped inside a defective portal of truth! So this place, it exists between reality and truth,” Envy explained, “In between?” Edward spoke, “And I can assure you that there is no way out of here, the only option we’ve got is to sit here until our strength runs out, and that’s it… all we can do is wait here and die,” Envy explained.

You fell on your back, “No way, don’t think I’m falling for any of that crap! I know your lying to us Envy! Your lying aren’t you!” Edward yelled, “He isn’t Edward,” you sat up and looked at him, Edward looked back at you for a second, “I won’t believe it, I can’t die here, what’s Al going to do if I die? We made a promise, and he… we promised to make Rea normal again and he needs me to get back to normal,” Edward spoke, you saw the fear in his face as well as Ling’s as it brought tears to your eyes. You fell on your back as Edward looked at you, “I’ll never become mortal again Edward, let’s face the cruel reality…” you spoke Edward looked at you shocked, “I’ve been immortal for over 400 years… I just want to die…” you spoke, “Rea… Agh… Envy! Who are this Father and Mother you speak about and who would try to create their own portal! It’s Furher Bradley isn’t it?” Edward yelled, “What are you serious? Nice try but King Bradley is nothing more then a Homunculus,” Envy explained, “Told you so,” Ling explained, “The 5th Laboratory, human lives sacrificed to make Philosopher stones, homunculi. And if the Furher is on your side then I’m guessing you’re the ones behind Ishbal!” Edward glared, “OH Ishbal! I couldn’t of asked for a more enjoyable job then that. You remember the incident that started the war right?” Envy asked, “I had always heard that it was because a military officer had accidentally shot an Ishballan child,” Edward spoke, “Yep, and the one that proudly pulled the trigger was non other then yours truly,” Envy had a proud smirk across his face. You sat up and glared at him.

He started a war that killed so many… it killed Winry’s parents… he started Scars rampage… you stood up and clenched your fists, “You have no idea how good that felt, I ravaged their country with a single bullet. I mean talk about invigorating. Oh and the best part, the officer that I pretended to be he was actually a moderate who always publicly oppose the militaries occupation in Ishbal. And listen to this, the poor bull couldn’t come plausible defense and they court-martialed him. You know I don’t think I’ll ever get over how easily manipulating humans are,” Envy laughed as Edward started to walk over to Envy.

Edward punched Envy but he didn’t even budge, you were shocked as Envy started to change. “Ed, get back!” Ling spoke as you stood where you were, “I’m going to show you three something neat before we die, consider it a parting gift!” Envy glared as his body changed, “did you notice his foot prints back when we were all fighting in the forest?” Ling asked, “No, what’s your point?” Edward asked, “just that he’s freakishly heavy for the size of his body, he might be a bit bigger then he looks,” Ling explained, as you all watched him grow taller, “A bit…” you spoke, as he attacked Edward and Ling, “Rea, stay back!” Edward yelled, “What! You expect me to stand by when that monster attacks you guys!” you yelled, Envy came at you as you jumped out of the way he grabbed you with his tail, “Rea!” Edward called, “How can that thing be a Homunculus!” Ling spoke, Envy thrown you far off into the distance.

Edward heard your scream out in pain, “REA!” Edward yelled as he got smacked and pushed back as well as Ling.

You lifted yourself up and leaned back on the pillar and coughed up some blood, as you felt your leg snap back into place and heal you stood up and ran back to the direction of Edward and Ling and saw the fight was getting worse for them. You ran up behind Envy up his tail as he tried to flick you off and you kicked Envy in the head making him collapse on the ground, Edward and Ling we’re both shocked by your sudden strength, as you jumped off and landed on a pillar, “Where did you learn to do that?!” Edward was shocked, “I guess it comes with being immortal and not able to do alchemy,” you explained.

As the fight progressed Ling and Edward were getting beaten up really badly as you kept regenerating quickly and pushing them out of the way of some attacks and taking the blow yourself as they went in and hit Envy with all they had. Edward froze when he got near Envy seeing the faces and cries of the nonliving. You jumped on the things head and grabbed Edward, “WAKE UP! They aren’t real!” you snapped at him, and pulled him away. “Snap out of it you idiot, why didn’t you attack him?” Ling asked, “Those are people, they are trapped inside him,” Edward spoke, “That’s a trick Ed, he’s a monster!” Ling spoke, “But they-” “EDWARD! Pay attention!” you slapped him in the face, “I don’t want you to die so listen closely! Those things don’t have bodies any more they aren’t human! They are made to trick us and make us weak!” you yelled at him.

You all went into attack again, Edward froze as you both heard a familiar voice, “Big brother… let’s play…” she spoke, and an image flashed of Nina. You glared and jumped over Envy’s tail as he tried to attack you, “I’m done playing,” Envy spoke and grabbed Edward. “EDWARD!” you screamed as he thrown him on the floor like a ragdoll. You were scared that it almost killed Edward, “Edward!” you screamed again and ran over to him bit Envy grabbed you just before you got there and held you in the air, “Edward! Get up! Please!” you yelled, Envy picked Edward up and ate him. “EDWARD!” you screamed and punched Envy’s hand “Ed no!” Ling yelled.

You glared at Envy with years in your eyes, “Let him go! Let him go! Let Edward go! Give me Edward back! You monster! Give me him back! EDWARD!” you kept punching Envy’s hand as he thrown you on the floor and pinned you to the ground, “Your precious pipsqueak is gone for good,” Envy laughed, “No… please… Edward! I need you! Alphonse needs you!” you screamed.

Suddenly one of Envy’s teeth got kicked out. “Open up Envy! Your breath is killing me! I think I’ve got a way to get us out of here!” Edward yelled.

Later on Ling fixed up Edward’s arm, while he was doing it Edward smirked and looked at you, “So you need he huh?” Edward smirked, “Oh don’t act so smug,” you smiled and leaned on Edward as he wrapped his arm around your waist, “I couldn’t live without you now with all we’ve been through,” you spoke, Edward smiled and kissed your head.

Envy put the last stone on the area you were standing; “I collected all the fragments I could find,” Envy spoke. “So this stuff, its all from Xerves?” Ling asked, “That’s right, they are pieces of a large mural of what remains of their temple. When I saw the ruins of the mural up close I thought it was identical to the transmutation circle from the 5th laboratory. The one they used to create philosopher stones, but it’s actually different. The sun represents the soul, while the moon symbolizes the mind, and then there’s the stone canvas of the mural, this represents the body,” Edward explained, “Slow down, try to keep it simple ok,” Ling spoke.

“Basically the mural was a summoning circle for human transmutation,” Edward explained, “I do know that one, well I think I do, is that used to bring back dead people?” Ling asked, “Not quite, alchemy is based on the rule of equivalent exchange, you can’t transmute a life form from a soul that no longer exists in this world, you can trust me on that one. So this is where I got the idea to get us out of here. I can’t transmute the dead, but what would happen if I transmute myself,” Edward spoke.

“What?” you looked at him in shock, “You mean a living person,” Ling spoke, “Exactly, you can use this transmutation circle to deconstruct myself then I’ll just put myself back together, that’s human transmutation, and it will open the portal. You said that Gluttony is a defective portal of truth, I’ll bet that if we pass through the real portal then we’ll wind up in our own reality. I’ll open up the real portal. Then your three jump through it,” Edward spoke, “I don’t like this,” you spoke, and hugged yourself, “What happens if it goes wrong?” Envy asked, “Then it will rebound, a failed transmutation rebounds onto the one who preformed it, in this case, that would be me.” Edward spoke, “I’m not going to act like I know alchemy this is all yours,” Ling spoke, “Edward…” you looked at him in worry, Edward had a small smiled appear on his face, “It will be fine don’t worry,” Edward embraced you.

“Hey Envy, I’ve got something else that I wanted to ask you. The partial mural I saw in Xerves, it would of looked more or less like this. This is the first thing that caught my eye, the symbol for God is written upside down, and beneath it is the two headed dragon, the alchemic symbol for a complete life form, which means this basically means I will strike God to earth and become a perfect being.” Edward spoke, “Well that’s certainly an arrogant concept,” Ling spoke, “Its not a big deal to talk about it, but then there’s this. This piece takes it to the next level, an image of the lion swallowing the sun, symbolizing the Philosophers stone. The Philosophers stone is made with living souls, correct Envy?” Edward glared, “Yea, that’s right,” Envy spoke, “How could a nation as advanced as Xerves fall? Let alone in a single night. What happened to its citizens? These stone fragments at the mural, you put them here to hide the evidence you killed them, you sacrificed all of Xerves you turned them into a philosophers stone.” Edward spoke, you froze, “Who was it, I want to know who used this to transmute himself! Who slaughter the population of a whole country, who created all of you. Who’s trying to make himself powerful enough to surpass God! It was your Father and Mother wasn’t it! Tell me Envy whoever these two are, they have been using you to try and recreate the destruction of Xerves here in Amestris, hasn’t he?” Edward asked, “You get us out of here and I’ll gladly tell you everything, though for a little taster, our Mother didn’t even know she was part of the plan.” Envy smirked, you gripped onto Edward’s shirt.

“You’ve spent enough time beating around the bush, I’m tired of waiting for you to ask, you need to pay a toll right? To open the portal, this should work,” Envy shown the stone.

“Your body, those are the citizens of Xerves aren’t they?” Edward asked, “At one time, but their minds and bodies crumbled long ago, all that’s left is energy to be consumed. They don’t even remember what they looked like when they we’re alive.” Envy explained, “Is that pity, how childish are you? You want to see these things as human because you want to see if your brother still retains his humanity. Would you hesitate to throw a bundle of logs onto a fire because you pity the tree they came from? These souls can never go back to being human, you have to use logic to determine what a human is. Don’t let your emotions decide,” Envy spoke.

“Alright, Ling, Reaka, this might not work out for me, if so you’ve got to warn people about these guys plans. And Ling, take care of Rea,” Edward spoke, “Hm, I’m not that concerned about Amestris, its not my country, or your girlfriend,” Ling smirked, “Are you serious?” Edward glared, “You’ve got people you love waiting for you don’t you, so just make it back alive, and tell them yourself, and so you can look after your girlfriend,” Ling spoke, Edward looked shocked as he looked at you, “You better make it back alive,” you spoke.

Edward clapped his hands and then started the transmutation, you wanted to go to Edward but Ling held you back. “Ling, jump in now!” Edward spoke, Ling nodded as he pulled you in with him, “You better know what your doing! I’m trusting you!” Ling spoke as you both felt the same sensation as before, you gripped onto Ling.