Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Ice Queen

“What the heck are we doing here? Aren’t we supposed to be headed north?” Edward asked as you were all sat in the Fuhrer’s living room with Selim and his Mother, “Not like it was my choice…” Alphonse whispered.

“I’m sorry. This boy has admired you for so long, Mr. Edward.” Selim’s mother spoke, “Admired?” Edward asked, “Do you like alchemy, Selim?” Alphonse asked, “I do. My dream is to learn alchemy and become a State Alchemist like Mr. Edward. And hopefully get a beautiful girlfriend like Mr. Edward too!” Selim smiled, you jumped in shock, “B-beautiful…” you blushed and looked away. “Then, I want to be useful to father.” Selim spoke; you glared at Selim as Edward had a look of pity.

“Do you love your Father… Fuhrer President King Bradley?” Edward asked, “Of course!” Selim smiled, “What’s he like?” Edward asked, “He’s a very noble man. He perseveres through hard work that would make a normal person cry and works every day with one thing in mind: the well-being of his people.” Selim smiled, “I see.” Edward spoke, “The Fuhrer President does seem busy all the time.” Alphonse spoke, “Yes, he is. He still plans on working to his fullest in active service. I’m constantly telling him to retire already, bearing his age in mind. He’s always been someone totally committed to his work. He can do his job, but he’s always been a blockhead when it comes to women. He was so impolite; I gave him a good slap across the face. Well, that’s where it all started. Then, we started dating. And our first date was… Oh, my. I didn’t mean to talk about senseless things.” Mrs. Bradley spoke.

Suddenly the door opened and you saw Bradley walk inside, “Father!” Selim smiled, “What a surprise!” Mrs. Bradley smiled, “Welcome home!” Selim ran over to Bradley and hugged him, “Thanks, Selim.” Bradley patted Selim’s head, “Why the surprise visit?” Mrs. Bradley asked, “I had some rare free time, so I came to see your faces. Then, I heard the Fullmetal Alchemist was here.” Bradley looked at Edward, “Hello,” Edward spoke, “It’s been a while.” Alphonse added, “We just saw each other at Central Headquarters, didn’t we?” Bradley asked, and then laughed.

“I see. So you met each other at the library.” Bradley spoke, “Yep!” Selim smiled, “What, are you trying to say that we don’t look alike?” Bradley asked, “N-No, that’s not it…” Edward spoke, “We’re not connected by blood.” Bradley spoke, “We were never able to have kids. So we adopted him from a relative.” Mrs. Bradley explained, “He grew up to become a kind boy who cares so much for his parents.” Bradley smiled, “Stop it, Father. It’s embarrassing.” Selim smiled, “I’m only stating the truth.” Bradley spoke, as Selim laughed sweetly.

“Is something the matter?” Bradley asked with a small glare, “N-No, it’s just that we only see you when you’re working at Headquarters. So it’s just… right, Brother?” Alphonse looked at Edward, “I guess we’re just stunned to see such a different side of you.” Edward spoke, “I see. I, too, have family. Even someone like me. Although it’s a bit different from your family.” Bradley nodded.

Bradley stood up to leave as he walked around, “Are you leaving already, Father?” Selim asked, “Yeah. It’s about time for me to return to the office. Enjoy your stay, State Alchemist,” Bradley left the room.

* * *

“Come visit again!” Selim waved, “Okay, thanks.” Edward called as you three waved back.

“I don’t think his wife or son know that he’s a Homunculus…” Alphonse spoke, suddenly Edward took off. “Anyway, we need to head north! All the way! We need to get a hold of that midget and make her tell us the secret behind Eastern Alchemy!” Edward yelled, “Yeah!” Alphonse agreed.

“Wait… we need to buy warmer clothes… its freezing up north!” you explained, “Oh yea…” Edward agreed.

You brought a long blue coat, which had white fur around the edges and snow boots to keep your feet warm, along with some leather trousers and a long sleeved black top.

* * *

When the train pulled up you all ran out and gave your tickets in. You ran outside and smiled, “Snow!” Edward smiled, “Look at it all!” you smiled and jumped down the stairs.

Which was a bad idea as you fell on your ass.

Edward and Alphonse burst out laughing as you got back up and rubbed your back, “Owie…” you winced. Then a loud crack was heard as you cringed in pain, it also made Alphonse and Edward cringe. Tears stung your eyes, “Rea?” Edward walked to your side, “My tail bone snapped in half when I fell… and it just fixed itself…” you taken a deep breath then exhaled and whimpered at the same time, “I barely ever break my tail bone but when I do it really, really hurts when it fixes…” you explained.

You all went and sat down as you got over the pain, “Man, look at all the snow,” Alphonse spoke, “Yeah. We rarely see snow in Resembool.” Edward smiled, “I’ve seen too much of it in my life,” you spoke. “Oh yeah, Al, Rea. Do you remember when it snowed heavily in Resembool when we were kids?” Edward asked, “Heavy snowfall? Oh, I remember now! We had a snowball fight!” Alphonse smiled, “We made a snowman too remember?” Edward smiled, “Yeah!” Alphonse cheered, “I made the snow angel,” you piped up, “Yours was the biggest snow angel!” Edward smiled, “That’s because I was bigger then you lot back then,” you smirked, “Now your both bigger then me,” you laughed.

“Back then, I never would have thought that I’d come this far north…” Alphonse spoke, “But we did, didn’t we?” Edward smiled.

“Well, what to do now? We’ve still got time until the train to Briggs departs.” Edward spoke, “Why don’t you go eat something nice?” Alphonse spoke, “I’m not really hungry… But I guess I’ll go see what’s on the menu!” Edward spoke then started running, “Hey! If you start running you might slip like Rea did!” Alphonse called, “Shut up!” Edward called as you ran after them both.

* * *

You were riding on the back of a trailer as Edward sneezed, “Are you cold Brother?” Alphonse asked, “So cold… It’s Briggs, all right.” Edward spoke. The man stopped the car, “We’re here, boys and girl.” The rider spoke.

You all got off and look ahead of you, “If you follow this mountain path, you’ll get to the Briggs fortress.” The man explained, “Thanks.” Edward spoke, “Oh yeah, you.” The man spoke again, “Me?” Alphonse pointed at himself, “Yeah, you. That’s not an automail, is it?” the man asked, “Nope.” Alphonse spoke, “Oh. Then you should be fine.” The man stared to ride off.

“What was that about?” Edward asked, you pondered, “I don’t know,” Alphonse replied, you knew he was going on about something important but for the life of you, you couldn’t remember.

“Everything beyond that fence is owned by the army, so you’ll die if you stray from the path!” the man explained, “huh?” Edward and Alphonse looked confused, “He’s right… lets get moving before the weather gets rough.” You started walking up the mountain path.

The wind changed and it got terribly cold. Edward yelled out because of how cold he was, “They say the weather changes rapidly in the mountains, but I never expected something like this…” Edward spoke, “What should we do, brother? We’ve completely lost our way.” Alphonse asked, “Don’t worry. Teacher was thrown into the Briggs Mountains in the winter for a month for her training, and she still survived.” Edward explained, “There’s no way that could be true! How could someone survive for a month out here?!” Alphonse spoke, “But she said she defeated a bear!” Edward spoke, “The bears at Briggs grow to a height of up to two meters! Who’s been able to defeat one?” Alphonse spoke.

You all heard a noise behind you as you fell on your knees worn out, “A bear!!” Edward and Alphonse screamed as you looked back. The man lifted his arm and thrown it down as Edward and Alphonse jumped back grabbing you, “That’s not a bear!” Edward spoke. You jumped out of Alphonse’s arms as he got caught by a net the man thrown, “Al!” Edward called as you rolled over onto your back and sighed. “I can’t be bothered to fight with this guy again…” you sighed.

“Hey, wait a minute! You’re wearing a military uniform!” Edward spoke, “You have an automail, too? Just an ordinary one, it seems.” the man spoke, you sat up and sighed, “Yours is just plain ugly!” Edward snapped, “How foolish of you to not understand the beauty of this arm! Combat Model Automail M1913-A Crocodile. Surrender if you don’t want to be ripped to shreds, Drachma Spy!” the man pointed at Edward. You stood up, “That’s what I forgot… Edward need’s Northern automail…” you pondered.

“REA!” Alphonse called, “Oh sorry!” you ran over to Alphonse and tried to get the net off of him, “Why do you always daydream when we are fighting?” Alphonse asked, “Meh… you boys love me the way I am…” you spoke, and tried to rip the net, “It’s no good… I can’t rip it…” you spoke.

“Brother!” Alphonse suddenly called; you looked back and saw the man throw Edward in the air and on his back, and “Edward” you called. Alphonse got out of the net as the man picked Edward up, “Brother!” Alphonse threw Edward his head, “Thanks Al!” Edward put Alphonse’s helmet in the automail and jammed the mechanism with the tufted of Alphonse’s helmet.

Edward jumped back, “Are you okay?” Alphonse asked, “That freak. I would’ve been killed by Winry before I froze to death out here.” Edward spoke, “Not bad, brat. You did well for having a regular automail. But this is it for you.” The man spoke, “What?” Edward asked.

Men surrounded you all.

“Great… oh come on, do you think a bunch of kids are spies mate…” you stepped forward and recognized the man in front of you, “Reaka?” the man asked, “Buccaneer?” you smiled, “Get away from those spies!” Buccaneer grabbed you and pulled you behind him, “Let me go you gorilla head!” you snapped, “Stop calling me that!” Buccaneer snapped, “I’ll call you what I like snot face!” you snapped again.

Edward and Alphonse we’re really confused.

“Brother…” Alphonse spoke as you all saw a wall appear out of nowhere, “A wall?” Edward spoke, “What’s the matter, Captain Buccaneer?!” you recognized the cold voice up top.

“I’m sorry for causing such a commotion, Major General Armstrong!” Buccaneer stood straight, “Suck up,” you muttered, Buccaneer held his fist up at you with a glare, “Want one do you?” you glared back with your fist held up, “Try me,” Buccaneer growled.

“Who the hell are you?” Olivier asked, “Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist. I came to see you, Major General, with a letter of introduction from Major Armstrong from Central. Please get these guys off of us first!” Edward explained.

“Perform a full body check!” Olivier spoke, “What?! We’re not suspicious in the least bit!” Edward was shocked as you stood by Buccaneer with your arms folded. “How should I know? Anyone can pretend to be someone well-known.” Olivier spoke.

Buccaneer pulled you away from them and inside the building, “Rea!” Edward called after you but got stopped by the guards.

Buccaneer pulled you into another room while you were made to wait to see Olivier.

The door crashed open and you saw Olivier, “Hello Ice Queen, long time no see,” you smiled, “Why are you here again?” Olivier asked, “I’m here to help my friends, that is all,” you explained, “Ask them the plan, I just go along with whatever Edward and Alphonse do,” you spoke. “Speaking about their plans isn’t my place, if you want information ask them not me,” you glared.

A glaring match was set between you and Olivier. “Fine,” Olivier walked out the door and down the corridor, “How do you do it Rea?” a guard asked, “I’ve known her since she was 3… Olivier was taught to respect her elders…” you smirked, the guards were very confused.

You walked out a while later and saw Olivier walk past with Buccaneer, “Give my friends a stern talking to huh?” you smirked, Olivier stopped for a moment then carried on walking.