Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Clash in Baschool

* * * Edward's POV * * *


We watched over the party as they discussed the plan. Finding Scar was going to be harder then we thought, the town of Baschool was pretty big.

Plus… we had watchdogs on us.

“We’ll accompany the Elric Brothers.” One of the goons spoke, “Yeah, yeah,” I sighed, “I wonder if they’re coming to keep an eye on us.” Al whispered to me, “Most likely,” I replied.

We knew we would have to lose them somehow. So…

“Hey! I just saw a shadow!” Myself and Al yelled pointing at the same door, “What?!” A guard looked at the same entrance, “Over here!” Al called as we both ran in as fast as we could.

Running around a corner I quickly transmuted a wall to block off the guards from our trail.

Heading for the rooftops we started to jump from roof to roof trying to spot Scar…

“We were able to get rid of them, but… this place… Is a bit… too big, don’t you think?!” I yelled, standing in the middle of a Baschool.

Standing in a room hiding from the army we thought about what to do next, “Where are Scar and that little girl?” Alphonse asked, “If they don’t randomly show up, it’ll be impossible for us to find them…” I glared out the window.

“Sire Alphonse!” the little girls voice called, “Sir Alphonse!!!” she called again, “Hey…” I spoke, “Can’t be…” Al was shocked as she jumped out of nowhere pushing him to the ground. “She really showed up…” I growled, “What are you doing here?!” she asked, “May! Great! I found you!” Al was happy, and so was I. “Don’t tell me… you came here looking for me?” May smiled, “Yeah! I wanted to see you!” Al replied, “I wanted to see you and learn more about Eastern Alchemy…” Alphonse explained but the stupid brat was in a day dream, “Oh my gosh! Am I dreaming? Sir Al came looking for me?” “Hey brat! I’ve been dying to see you!” I spoke also, but the brat screamed, “I’m not letting you get away this time! Hurry up and teach us Eastern Alchemy!” I yelled, “You brothers are feuding for my hand! But you’re not my type, Edward!” May smiled, “Don’t play dumb with me! I already have someone waiting for me!” I snapped glaring at the annoying brat.

“Hey, Al!” Winry knocked on the inside of Al’s armor, “Oh, sorry about that.” Al spoke letting Winry out if his armor. “I hit my head.” Winry spoke, “Who is that woman, Sir Alphonse?! How horrible… You have me, and yet…” May started crying, “No! She’s just an old friend of mine!” Al was shocked.

“May, please don’t run off by yourself- The Elric Brothers?!” a man walked around the corner, “Who are you?” I asked not recognizing the man at the doorway, “It’s me, Marcoh.” Marcoh spoke, “Dr. Marcoh?!” Al was shocked, so was I. “What happened to your face?” I quickly asked, “What are you doing here?” Marcoh asked.

Another man with a weird mustache walked to the door, “The Elric Brothers!” he yelled, “Who the heck are you?” I snapped, getting a bit annoyed with the new group coming into the room. “Don’t you dare say you forgot! I’m Yoki, the great coal-mine owner of Youswell!” the man snapped glaring at me, “Guess I forgot. Actually, I don’t even think I know you.” I put my hand behind my head not really caring about this man. “How awful! After all those things you did to me…” Yoki cringed.

Yoki explained to us who he was and what we apparently did to him not really caring. “I won’t lose to a thief like you.” May cried, “No… I’m not really a thief…” Winry spoke, “I’m telling you, there is nothing between us!” Al explained, “Who cares! I need to ask you about Eastern Alchemy!” I snapped.

“Hey! How about you two listen to me?!” Yoki yelled, “Yeah, whatever. It must have been hard, old man. I totally understand how you feel.” I looked away, “Quit pretending like you were listening!” Yoki yelled at me.

* * *


“I’ve learned a lot since then. First, the method to create a philosopher’s stone. Second, the history of this country. And that there is something odd about the alchemy this country uses. That’s why we came after this girl, seeking a possibility in Eastern Alchemy from Xing.” I explained, “Nothing less to be expected from you. The thing is, someone realized it far before you did. These are the research documents he left us. We think these documents may hold a clue to solving the mystery.” Marcoh explained, “So if we could decipher it…” I spoke, thinking we could find a way to stop their plans. “Yes, possibly… But to do that, we need Scar’s help.” Marcoh explained, “Why him?!” I snapped hating the idea.

Suddenly we heard an explosion outside the building. “What was that sound?” May stood up, Marcoh looked out the window, “That’s where Scar went! Could it be the army?!” he spoke, “You four hide here. We’ll go see what’s going on.” I spoke as Al followed me out the door.

* * *


“Talk about good timing.” I spoke, “The Elric Brothers?” one of the freaks spoke, “This voice… Brother, they’re Kimblee’s men from Central.” Al whispered to me, “What? I get it…” I replied, “You don’t need to do anything besides watch. We’re going to capture Scar-” We both punched Zampano in the face, “A monster!!!” We both put on an act to pretend we didn’t know them.

“W-What was that for?! We’re on your sid-” “I don’t recall having any monsters on our side!” Al yelled, punching Zampano again. “How frightening! They’re going to pretend they’re on our side, then eat us!” I spoke, “The fat one back there has a really big mouth! He’ll eat me whole!” Al joined in on the fun, “You brat! Stay put!” Jerso snapped and water started flying out of his mouth as I ran towards him dodging the water getting close enough for some quick combat and kicked him back.

I started laughing evilly to myself, loving the new speed I had. “Brother?” Al was confused about my laughing, “What’s so funny?!” Jerso snapped and started shooting water again as I ran back towards him very quickly punching him in the face. “So light! It feels like my limbs are made of feathers! Northern automails are fabulous!” I cheered, “If Rea could see you now,” Al spoke, “Don’t get too cocky now…” Jerso stood up, “Huh? I guess my punches lost some force, too.” I spoke suddenly there was goo on my arm. “My spit won’t come off that easily!” Jerso pointed, “This is slob?! That’s just gross!” I cringed as he started to spit at me some more, “In that case…” I jumped under him and transmuted the slob into cold water making it stick to his back. “If I decompose it, its pretty much water!” I explained and jumped back towards Al, “Th-That’s cold!!” Jerso jumped about, “Take this!” I kicked Al forward into Jerso’s back.

“What the heck was that for, brother?!” Al yelled at me, “O-O-Ow! Stop moving! You’re going to tear my skin off!” Jerso cried, “How do you like my ‘Touching Cold Metal With Wet Hands and Getting Stuck Together’ attack?” I smirked then dodged some spikes quickly.

“Quit getting in our way, Fullmetal Alchemist! Aren’t you on our side?!” Zampano spoke, “Shut up, pig! I don’t know anyone who looks like you! Besides, anyone can tell you’re a bad guy! If you still insist that you’re on our side, prove it!” I taunted, “Fine! I’ll transform back, just watch!” Zampano fell for my trick, as soon as his spikes vanished I jumped up and knocked him out. “I’ve been waiting for this!” I smirked, “Zampano!” Jerso called, “How foolish of you to sheath your sword in front of your enemy.” I smirked.

“Dammit! Get off me!” Jerso yelled. “Okay, I’m going to need you to take a little nap.” Al spoke and knocked him out and pulled Jerso off of himself.

Just then Scar released himself from Jerso’s spit. “He’s in fighting shape, now… Hurry up and get caught already.” I snapped, “Face trial, Scar!” Al spoke, “I’ll destroy whoever gets in my way.” Scar spoke.

I ran head on knowing Scar wouldn’t be able to break my new Northern automail arm. As our fists met my arm didn’t blow up like last time, “Sorry. It’s not made out of steel anymore!” I snapped pulling Scar forward and kicking his leg forward making him fall back. “Stay still!” Myself and Al went to transmute but Scar destroyed the floor quickly and we all fell down.

“Stop it!” I heard Winry’s voice, Scar barely missed me as we took our chance to strike and trap Scar.

“Idiot! Why did you come?!” I yelled, Major Miles appeared behind Winry. “Stay back.” He spoke, “Major Miles,” I spoke, “Wh-What’s up with these two?” a guard who ran in asked looking at Jerso and Zampano, “The people at Central seem to be conducting awful experiments. Tie them to that pillar over there.” Miles spoke, “Aye, sir!” the man saluted.

“Now, Scar… It doesn’t please me to pass judgment on a fellow countryman, but I can’t let someone like you run free.” Miles walked over pointing a gun at Scar’s face. “Fellow countryman?” Scar asked, “Elric brothers, we’ll take care of the rest…” Miles spoke but Winry started to walk towards Scar. “Winry!” Al called, “Idiot! Stay away from him!” We both put our hands on her shoulders.

“Let me go… I’ll be fine.” Winry spoke, “How will you be fine?!” I snapped, “Stay away from him, Miss.” Miles spoke, “Please let me talk to him. I want to talk to him face to face.” Winry spoke, we reluctantly let go as she stepped forward. “Why did you kill my parents?” Winry asked, “No matter what I’ll say, it’ll only become an excuse. The fact is I killed the Rockbells.” Scar spoke.