Older Then Time, Loving Forever

Human Sacrifices

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


“It’s close.” Scar spoke as we continued to walk down the corridor, “You think so, too.” I spoke, “You guys can just sense it?” the Lieutenant asked, “Just a bad feeling. It’s almost like my old wounds are throbbing.” I spoke and continued forward.

We walked into a round room with a man kneeling on the floor the other side of the room. He stood up when he saw us, “Well, well, to think the gallery would come to such a place… makes me nervous.” The man smiled revealing a golden tooth. I clapped my hands and created my automail blade, “Who are you?” I snapped, “Oh, me? Hmm… the man who made King Bradley. Or something like that, I suppose.” The man spoke, “The Furher… So you’re one of them.” The Colonel pulled his glove on, “Oh, you’re… I thought you were from the Radio Division, but to think you’d come all the way here to meet me… Thanks for sparing me the trouble, Mustang.” The man lifted his arm up as several men fell from above, “You all play nice now,” the man smiled as they started to attack us.

“What are these?!” I snapped, “Doll soldiers?” the Colonel spoke, “No… their movements are clearly different!” Scar spoke, “These men could each have become King Bradley.” The man explained.

“So, these men…” the Colonel spoke, “Are extras. But they have trained their entire lives for battle. They’re not as excellent as King Bradley, but they’re strong.” The gold-toothed doctor spoke.

“Even if these guys are superhuman… they must have limits!” I yelled and thrown one over my shoulder.

“Number 16, Number 17. Number 21, Number 23, Number 26. Come here.” The gold-toothed doctor spoke, the men ran over too him “What is this?” I snapped then saw the transmutation circle on the ground, “Here goes!” he put his hand on the floor and started a reaction, “What have you done?” I snapped, “What? This is just the first stage. Do you know how many Alchemy research centers there are in Central under the direct control of the Furher’s government?” the gold-toothed doctor asked, “There are four currently in use within the city limits… No! Research Center 5… there are five! It’s a five-pointed transmutation circle!” I spoke, “It couldn’t be – that curved underground passage forms a circle connecting all the research centers?!” the Lieutenant spoke.

The ground turned red and the shadowy arms appeared and started to take the 5 men surrounding the doctor away. The eye opened up under myself. “What?” I spoke in shock. The arms appeared and started to rip me apart like it did all those years ago, but something was different this time.

* * * Van’s POV * * *


Looking up I saw Edward fall from the ceiling, “Oww… Master!” I heard him call, “Ed!” she saw Edward run over to her. They spoke for a minute as Homunculus noticed them, I wasn’t in a too good of place being devoured by him…

* * * Edward’s POV * * *


We heard a loud clank behind us as we looked back at Al, “Al! Al! Get yourself together!” I spoke, we both went running over, “What’s wrong, Al? Hey!” I asked.

We both looked back and saw a humanoid thing with Hohenheim, “One, two, three, four… and five. We’re missing one. I guess the last one is currently being made.” The thing spoke, it had eyes on his body like Pride’s shadows. “W-What the hell is this monster?” Izumi spoke, “Hohenheim!” I called, “Edward… Even Alphonse was captured…? Whoa, Miss Izumi as well. Sorry I’m in such a pitiful state.” Hohenheim spoke, “What in the world is going on?” Izumi asked, “Well…” Hohenheim spoke, “You stay put. I’ll slowly absorb the philosopher’s stone inside you later.” The thing spoke, “Who the hell is that dark guy, Hohenheim?! Where’s Reaka you were meant to look after her?!” I asked, “This thing is my alter ego. The guy who the homunculi called ‘Father’. And Reaka is over there…” Hohenheim spoke, “That’s the geezer?!” I was shocked to see it was Father, I looked over to my left and saw Reaka tide up in pipes with her arms spread horizontally. “Yeah. I was able to destroy his skin, but…” Hohenheim spoke but Father started to pull Hohenheim inside, “Quit your blabbering, Hohenheim. I welcome you, human sacrifices. Thanks for coming to my castle.” Father spoke, “Al, wake up. This one’s going to be tough. Al? Hey, Al! Alphonse!” I called.

* * * Reaka’s POV * * *


You were pulled to be beside Homunculus as your body was still bound by the pipes. You looked up hearing a few static shocks and a blue light shining above, Roy appeared from the transmutation circle in the air and fell on the ground, “Colonel!” Edward called and ran over to him, as Pride jumped down too, “He’s the sixth, Father.” Pride spoke, “You bastards…” you growled, “Mmm! All six have been gathered. That’s what I wanted to say, but… Alphonse Elric has not come here.” Homunculus spoke, “Are you alright, Colonel?” Edward spoke to Roy, “It’s you, Fullmetal? Where are we?” Roy asked, “We’re right at the boss’s den. Colonel, what happened to you?” Edward asked, “I was thrown right in front of a large door in a white open space…” Roy spoke, your face filled with horror, “A door?! Don’t tell me you lost some part of your body… No, your hands and your feet…” Edward asked, “Fullmetal. You sure can make out my body in this darkness.” Roy spoke, “What are you saying-” Edward realised something, and so did you.

Roy had lost his sight.

“It’s all dark. I can’t see anything. The light? Where’s the light?” Roy stood up and walked forward but tripped over another pipe, “N-No way…” Edward spoke, “You can’t see anymore? That’s good. To be honest, among the State Alchemists, it is your ability we fear the most. You can lie there and be stricken with grief.” Pride spoke as you saw some of his container break off, you could tell he was close to dying. “Colonel… You preformed Human Transmutation?” Edward asked, “Fullmetal, you actually think I’d do that?” Roy snapped.

Edward glared back at Homunculus and Pride, “I had him open the door forcefully. It turned out all right in the end, didn’t it? With this, the skills of Colonel Mustang that we feared the most have been nullified. Truth is a cruel thing.” Pride smirked.

“You, who overestimated yourself and tried to resurrect the dead because you desired your mother’s warmth had one of your legs you stood upon and the only one left in your family taken away. And he had his entire body taken from him, and has become an entity without warmth. You, who wished to bring your dead child back to life, can no longer have another child. And you, who had focused on ruling this country, had your sight taken away. You will no longer be able to see anything. So that you humans won’t become conceited, we have justly dealt you despair. The entity that does this, the entity that you humans call ‘God’, is Truth.” Homunculus explained.

“I won’t accept this!” Edward’s voice echoed throughout the halls, “I’ll accept the punishment of those of us who did all of this on our own. But, for you to force someone to perform Human Transmutation even though he did not want to and to take his eyesight… Are you saying that’s just?! I won’t accept Truth that is so irrational!” Edward yelled.

The roof broke above, and May jumped down, “May!” Edward spoke, “How dare you open a hole to my home, you brat…” Homunculus spoke, “You must be that immortal boss!” May yelled she then looked back and saw Alphonse, “Alphonse! What happened to him?” May ran back to him, “I don’t know. He won’t wake up.” Edward spoke, “No way… Alphonse! Alphonse! Please wake up. Alphonse!” May cried.

Alphonse’s body jolted back to life, “Al!” Edward spoke, “Al, are you okay?” Edward asked, “Alphonse!” May spoke, “Al!” Izumi called, “Master. Brother. May! Wait, where are w-” Alphonse stopped when he looked over your way.

“All six have gathered!” Homunculus spoke.