The Genie And The Librarian

FiVe

Image
Thank you SmurfGirl!

Image
Thank you Howl!

Image
Thank you Howl!

Thirty minutes later I was sitting on my couch, staring at the perfume bottle.

Mr. Magic Man had disappeared back into it after I tried to get him to sing Christina’s song with me.

Let’s just say that he was very upset.

Sighing, I figured it’s been long enough for him to have a proper hissy fit, I reached out and press the top of the bottle.

Nothing happened.

Once again.

But this time I know he’s in there, so instead of just walking away I continued to press the button.

Again and again and again and ag-

“Would you quit!”

I smiled as he popped in front of me, “Hi!”

H glared at me, “What?”

I looked at him innocently, “What’s your name?”

“I am called Abhilash.”

I waved my hand, remembering that term from the book, “No, your real name.”

His face became blank, “Why do you want to know?”

“Because I can’t keep calling you ‘Genie’ in my head. It get’s annoying.”

He stared at me for a while, then reluctantly said, “Amil.”

I smiled, “Hi Amil!”

“Hello…”

“Carine.”

“Carine,” He nodded his head.

I just stared at him smiling for the next few minutes.

He sighed, “Do you have a wish you’d like me to grant?”

“You grant wishes?”

He rolled his eyes, “No, I’m an imposter, a fake.”

I frowned, “You don’t have to be so mean.”

Then I remembered one of my favorite movies and how Aladdin got his genie to grant him four wishes instead of just three.

“I don’t believe you.”

His eyebrow rose, “Excuse me?”

“I don’t believe you can grant wishes. In fact, I don’t believe in genies at all.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” he mumbled

“Nope! You’ll have to prove it to me!”

“Alright, what would you like me to do?”

I thought for a few seconds, then clapped my hands in glee, “I want a pet tiger!”

I watched him closely, but he didn’t even move.

I was beginning to believe he really was a fake when a low rumbling growl echoed from behind me. I turned slowly, my eyes widening as I watched the most gorgeous, scariest, furriest tiger crouched behind me.

The animal’s bright green eyes locked onto my grey ones, we stared at each other, me trying to be as silent and immobile as I can, when the cat suddenly leapt at me.

I screamed and launched myself at Amil, “I was kidding! I don’t want him anymore! Take him away!”

Just as the cat was about to tear me to shreds, he disappeared.

Leaving me clinging to Amil.

A real genie.

“Holy-”

All of a sudden the hands that had caught me dropped from under me, forcing me to obey gravities rules.

“Jerk,” I muttered.

“Excuse me?”

“Nothing… that didn’t go at all like I planned.”

I pushed myself to my feet without his help, not like he offered it or anything anyways.

“You had a plan?”

I glared at his doubtful tone, “I have lots of very good plans, but you had to mess this one up.”

“I messed it up?”

“Yes,” I plucked at an imaginary string at the hem of my shirt, “You were supposed to give me a tame friendly lion, not a half starve man-killer. Then I would have the satisfaction of telling you that you still owe me a full three wishes since I really hadn’t wished for my tame tiger.”

He stared at me in shock, “And you thought this why?”

“It worked for Aladdin! He had to escape this sand cave and his genie-“

“Wait,” He raised a finger as he cut me off, “There’s another genie? Where.”

Does he not know of Disney’s Aladdin?

I decided to test him, “In Agrabah…”

His face quickly became murderous, “I must know where that is. Now.”

“Wait, why?”

He glared at me, “There are only two genies allowed to exist at the same time. We have so much power at our finger tips that if there’s any more this universe will collapse into itself since it won’t be able to balance the power. Think of the Yin and Yang theory.”

“But that would mean the other genie would be…”

“Evil. Yes.”

“Like Jafar?”

His eyes narrowed, “How do you know his name? How could you have met this genie and lived?”

It took me a second to realize what he was asking, then with a laugh I responded, “Oh! He’s not actually real!”

He rolled his eyes, “How could you say that when I’m standing right here?”

Still chuckling I walked over to my movie case and extracted Aladdin.

“Here. This is Jafar,” I pointed to a picture on the case, “And this is Aladdin, his genie, and the love of his life.”

Then I pointed to a different part of the picture, “And this is the tiger you were supposed to give me. Raja is Princess Jasmine’s pet, almost like a dog.”

His eyes rose from the movie case to mine, “A fairy tale.”

I nodded, “Yup.”

“You compared me to a fairy tale?”

“Well, you were a fairy tale just yester-“

A knock on my front door interrupted me.

Then I realized just who was on the other side of it.

“Oh, no. No. No. No. No.”

I turned back to the genie, “You need to hide.”

He frowned, “What?”

“Go back in your home!”

I pushed him toward his perfume bottle then hurriedly ran to the door.

Pulling the door open I stare at my sister, her hands quickly pressing the multitude of buttons on her blackberry.

She walked into the house without even looking up from her phone, “Are you ready? We have to leave right now to be able to make the…”

She had looked up from her phone as she walked around the half wall that surrounded my entry way and into the living room, then trailed off and stared at something.

Then, in a flurry of motion, she walked back to me and slapped my shoulder.

“Ow! What’d you do that for?” I asked, rubbing the sting away.

“How could you not tell me you had a boyfriend?”

“Boyfriend?”

I walked over to look into the living room, glaring at Amil when I saw him standing by my coffee table, “I told you to hide!”

He just shrugged, then smiled at my sister as she walked to my side.

“Why didn’t you tell me about him? I went through all this planning to get you a date with David-”

I turned to her, “David agreed to go with me to the soiree?”

She glared at me, “After much convincing from myself, yes!”

Oh… I sighed

But, of course, she didn’t notice my small sign of depression.

Seriously, who wants to go out with a guy your younger sister had to convince?

Instead, she just continued with her rant, “Now I did all that for nothing!”

“Serina, he’s not-“

“Have you told mother?”

I blinked at her, then glared, “Absolutely not. And neither will you-”

“That’s fine. She’ll meet him at the soiree.”

“What? No. He’s not going-”

“Soiree?”

I glared at him, “Why are you speaking?”

Now my sister glared at me, “I’m sorry for my sister’s rudeness,” she looked over at Amil, “And, yes. A soiree, to celebrate my birthday.”

He smiled at her, full of charm, “Happy birthday.”

Serina blushed, “Thank you.”

“Serina! Stop flirting with him and listen to me. He’s. Not. Coming!”

I stressed each syllable, making sure to poke her chest with my finger with each word.

“Of course I’ll come.”

I glared at him again. “I still hear you talking. You need to shut up now.”

Serina gasped and smacked me again, “How dare you talk to him like that! He’s your boyfriend!”

I stare at her, “No, more like my slave.”

She gasped again then looked at Amil.

And when he just shrugged and smiled her face became redder.

Wait, why is she blushing…

“Okay, please leave the kinky in the bedroom… or at least don’t tell me about it.”

It was then I realized Amil was wearing only his silk pants.

Now it’s my turn to blush, “No, you don’t-“

“It’s okay, really. I don’t need or want an explanation,” She looked at her watch then gasped in alarm, “We have to leave now!”

“What? Why?”

“We have to get your dress!”

Then she turned to Amil, “And you’re coming too. Might as well help us pick it out.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha! This one makes me laugh!

This story's fun...

I want a Raja!