Sequel: Never Feel Afraid
Status: In the process of being re-written

Hold Her When I'm Not Around

Zacky's Talk

Zacky’s POV

“ No,no lover boy,I’ll get her.” I said.

“ Brian’s paranoid enough already the way it is.” I walked out of the house and closed the door behind me.Where could sh ebe? looked over to the mail box and saw Lexxie sitting out on the curb. I smiled sympathetically and walked over to her. “ Hey kiddo..” she looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

“What do you want?” I sat down beside her and wrapped an arm around her.

“ To see how you were doing.. What all went on? I mean I know Matt wanted to talk to you about your mom.. Is that what this is about?”“ I don’t get it.” She began. “ You don’t get what?”

“ I thought all you guys couldn’t stand my mom.. Yet Matt thinks I should try and keep some kind of relationship with her. I mean I don’t get that. If you don’t want me to live with her because you guys don’t think her or her numerous boyfriends are a good influence and you all ‘say’ that you don’t like her then whhhyyy would you want me talking to her?”

Ah, ok now I was caught up. “ Well.. Honey,yea I can see where you’re coming from.. But I also see where Shad’s is coming from too… I mean, granted your mom is NOT the nicest person in the world.. But she IS your mom.. And –”she cut me off. “ I KNOW this.. I am WELL aware that she is my mother. I wish you guys would quit saying that, like I’m stupid and don’t know who my mom is or something.”

I shook my head. “ No, that’s not what I meant.. It’s just.(sigh)Ok, see Michelle wasn’t ALWAYS well.. Michelle.” Lexxie giggled.

“ There was a long period of time where her and your dad were very happy.” She looked confused.

“ Well..Then what happened?”

“ I’m not quite sure..But,like after they had you,your mom became really.. Um.."

“Bitter?”

I nodded.

“ Yes,bitter,very.. We don’t know exactly why.. I’m not even sure your dad knows why.. And if he does,he hasn’t told us..But anyway..When you were about 3 your dad just finally decided he had had enough of your mom, and well you know the rest. They’ve been at each other’s throat’s ever since. But that doesn’t change the way they feel about you.”

She looked a little dumb founded. “ I don’t get what that had to do with why I need to stay in touch with my mom.” I sighed.

“ Whether you believe it or not and whether she shows it or not, your mom loves you very much. And I know you love her too.. "

Lexx looked down at the pavement then back up at me and nodded. “ Maybe.. But, I.. just not right now.”

“ I agree now is not the time.. But maybe in a few weeks…… Which is what MATT was trying to tell you.” Lexxie’s expression turned guilty. “ Dangit.. And I TOTALLY went off on him.” I smiled.

“ Just go back in there and tell him how you feel. And that you didn’t understand what he was saying. He’ll understand. He’s very easy going. Especially with you.” She giggled and stood up. “ Wish me luck.” I nodded and stood up to hug her..

“ Good luck.” She smiled and headed back inside just as Brian came storming out. “ Dude what’s up?” I asked walking over to him. He did NOT look happy what’s so ever.. “ The fucking chief of police just called me.. That fucking bitch Michelle called the cops on my ass and said that I beat the living shit out of Aaron. Now the cops are on their way here, because I’m getting charged with assault and battery.” Well, so much for the ‘ You need to have a relationship with your mom’ speech I had with Lexxie.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Fixed*