Sequel: Never Feel Afraid
Status: In the process of being re-written

Hold Her When I'm Not Around

Smacked

•Lexxie's POV•

Twenty minutes or so later, we pulled into my driveway. My mother, was prominently sat, with her arms crossed over her chest. “ Great.. This ought to be good.” I muttered, stepping outta the car. “ Where have you been?! ” My mom yelled, storming down to the escalade. " Hello Michelle, lovely to see you too."

" Shut up Brian. "

“ Michelle, damnit, don’t start, she’s here on time.”

“ No she's not, you’re fifteen minutes late! ”

" Oh for fuck's sake, Michelle."

“ What’s goin on-oh, Alexxis, about time. Get into the house, now.” My mom’s boyfriend Aaron commanded, coming up beside my mother.

“ You but out, mother dicker, she's not your kid! " my dad interjected. Aaron just smirked and pointed towards the door. “ Now Lexxie.” I sighed and rolled my eyes. “ Aaron, I swear to Go-" but I cut my dad off. “ Dad, dad it’s cool. It's not his fault he has a little dick. He can't help himself. " My dad was really trying to contain his laughter, but was failing miserably.

“ Alexxis Haner! You do NOT speak like that! ” my mom scolded. “ That is exactly why I DO NOT like having her go home with you..”

. " Whatever, Michelle."

“ I can’t wait till I can move in with dad.”

“ Brian I think it’s time that you leave.”

My dad rolled his eyes, and came around to the other side of the car. Saying goodbye to my dad was the worst part about every Sunday. I was already starting to tear up. " It’s ok baby girl.. I get to see you next Friday, ok? ” I knew that. But still. Every day seemed to drag on, each week taking longer then the other to get to the weekend.

I nodded as my dad wiped a tear falling down my cheek.

“Don’t cry. Text or call me tonight ok? ”

“ Ok daddy.” My dad gave me one more hard squeeze before finally letting go. He jumped back into his car, pulled out of the drive way and sped off down the road.

“ Oh grow up. " Aaron scoffed.

" Go to hell. "

•Brian’s POV•

I hated leaving Lexxie every weekend. If I had it my way, she'd be with me and she'd never see that bitch or her-poor excuse for a man- boyfriend ever again. But with being so busy with music, and touring non stop, the judge didn't see me as a 'fit' parent and gave full custody to Michelle, years ago.

I felt something vibrating between my legs. I reached down and pulled out my phone. Matt was calling me

“ Hello? ”

Matt: “ Hey man it’s Matt.”

" What's goin on? ”

Matt: “ Just sitting at home with Val and the guys. You drop Lexxie off yet? ”

" Yea..”

Matt: “ Oh.. How did that go? ”

" Like it usually does.....”

Matt: “ Sorry man. "

" Yea, me too. Well hey, I’m gonna go so I can concentrate on driving.”

Matt: “Alright dude, we’ll see you when you get here.”

" All right man later.”

Matt: “ Later.”

I hung up just in time to receive a text from Lexxie.

Aaron slapped me!!

I slammed on the breaks, nearly spinning out.

I read over the text probably twenty times, making sure I read my daughter's text correctly. Not 5 seconds later, Lexxie sent me another text, this time with a picture attached. I took a deep breath in and opened it. It was a picture of her cheek, a large red handpainted covering half of the side of her face! Red clouded my vision, as I quickly called Matt back

“ Hello? ” He answered. “ Aaron slapped Lexxie! "

"What?! " I heard them shout, in unison.

" He fucking slapped my daughter. I'm turning back! ”

“ He’s a fucking dead man, we're on our way! " I hung up the phone, put my the car in reverse and swung the car back around.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Re-written*