Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

9

Bella looked blank as I heard her mumble, “Why would I stare as we went through the door.” Jared shot her a look quick before he entered first, Embry was still carrying me as he neared me to the little table that had a few chairs set around it.

“Are you guys hungry?” Her gentle voice called out, “as if I have to ask.” She then chuckled to herself and Embry sat me down in one of the chairs on his lap still as he grabbed a muffin from around me, the smell of it alone was to make me black out. Jared did the same across from us as he grabbed not one but two muffins from the wooden basket.

“Who’s she?” I saw her smile fade as she noticed Bella who lingered around in the doorway. I immediately took notice of the three slash marks that were set onto her beautifully tanned face, making her only flaw as her brown eyes stared at Bella. I figured she hadn’t noticed me since I was perched on Embry’s lap, enjoying the warmth that I was stealing from him. I could see Bella staring a little before she diverted her eyes.

“Bella Swan, who else?” Embry asked laughing and Jared joined. They sure did like to laugh a lot.

“Oh, “ she smiled again. “So, you’re the vampire girl?” Bella looked around trying to escape the awkwardness of the sentence when she came a few steps closer.

“And you’re the wolf girl?” She basically repeated.

“Well guess so,” her smile remained as she set more muffins down taking notice of me. “Well, engaged to one anyway. And you are?”

“Taysia, everyone calls me Tay though.” I matched her smile as shook her hand and stood up off of Embry’s lap, my legs feeling a bit wobbly from the lack of use. “Did you need any help with anything?” I asked trying to make myself useful.

“Oh no thank you. Hey, save some for your brothers.” She dictated to the boys, “and ladies first.” She handed me the largest chocolate chip muffin I had ever seen, a small steam still rising from it.

“Thank you.” I said before setting the muffin in front of Embry since I wasn’t feeling very hungry.

“You don’t like muffins? I can make something else if you’d like.” She looked hurt.

“No no, I’m just not hungry.” I smiled and she offered Bella the muffin grabbing it before Embry could snatch it up.

“Sure. Thanks.” My sister replied as Emily handed it to her, the steam still rising in a continuous small wave.

“Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam’s order.” Emily commented as she fumbled with some other things on the counter.

“He didn’t say anything to me.” Her voice gave away the fact that she was nervous and I felt myself pulled on Embry’s lap again and I just rolled my eyes at him.

“That’s a wolf thing.” Embry said as he finished chewing a bite of muffin. Alpha’s orders get obeyed whether we want them too or not.” He took another bite and stuck it in my face and I took a small bite tasting the delicious muffin. “Oh and check it out, we can hear each others thoughts!” Embry was so glad it seemed to tell someone.

“Dude!” Jared interjected still chomping on a huge bite of muffin, “Would you shut up? These are trade secrets, damn it these chicks run with vampires.”

“Hey I only found out about them yesterday, leave me out of this.” I hit his hand and the muffin fell to the table. He glared as he picked it up but I simply smiled.

“And you can’t actually run with vampires.” Bella said making Emily chuckle in the background, “cause they’re fast.” She finished with a self-satisfied smile on her face as if she just told the greatest joke in the world, which made me laugh.

“Yeah? Well we’re faster.” Jared had his eyebrows raised as he seemed very intent on winning their whose better battle that had begun.

“Freaked out yet?” Embry said to us both as he bounced me on his legs.

“You’re not the first monsters I’ve met.” Bella answered looking out the door.

“Their not monsters Bella.” I said before the leader from before came through the door.

“Well Jake said they’d handle weird well.” He commented going to Emily and pulling her towards him giving her a passionate kiss, so he must be Sam I came to the conclusion myself. She smiled letting out a chuckle as he gave her several short kisses on her nose and a few on her forehead. Jake and the angry shirtless boy were pushing each other back and forth outside the door as they stepped in Jake stayed at the door leaning against the frame.

They appeared to have no damage done to them from what I could see and they were smiling at each other, so no harm no foul was the rule? Bella stared at Jake ignoring the shirtless boy who pulled up the chair next to Embry and I. Bella caught his eye and he apologized with a smile on his face before he turned his attention to the muffins. I looked at Jake and smiled his coffee brown eyes met mine and she stared at me non blinking for a few seconds before Bella looked at Jake again who nodded his head outdoors and she slowly walked to the door without a word. No one seemed to notice the event that took place except for Sam and Emily; everyone else was too engrossed in their muffins. I didn’t really notice until I heard the screen door shut that woke me from my space out. “Yeah bye!” I called after them getting no response but the boys laughed.

“Whatever we’re cooler.” Embry said.

“Actually you’re not, you’re extremely hot and frankly it’s making me kind of sweaty and that’s not sexy. So with that I’m getting off.” I stood up adjusting myself quickly as I stood next to him, I could feel my body temperature dropping already. I couldn’t stop thinking of Jake, his eyes the way they peered into my heart making it flutter.

“I’m Tay by the way.” I said mentioning to the guy who tried to kill my sister.

“That’s Paul, he’s moody.” Jared introduced him even though the alleged Paul opened his mouth to say something.

“I can tell her my name thanks.” He grumbled.

“Well we didn’t know if you would try to rip her face off.” Jared hit Embry’s arm gently and they shared a chuckle.

“Are you guys wolves or hyenas? You laugh all the time.” I smiled at Paul who pulled the chair in between him and Jared out a little for me the butterflies from Jake’s stare still flapping around. “Actually you kind of remained me of the Hulk, when you get mad you burst out into these huge wolves, and then you parade around shirtless with your muscles everywhere and cut off jean shorts.”

Now everyone laughed because I was right, if only they turned large and green instead of fuzzy oversized puppies it would have been perfect. “You know what, that’s what I’m calling you,” I directed to Paul, “Hulk. I mean if I ever see you guys again that is.” I chuckled a little myself.

“And why would that be my nickname?” He asked staring at me with his chocolate brown eyes that were close to Jake’s but I tried to forget about him for the moment, which wasn’t easy since he kept popping back into my brain.

“Well you nearly, I dunno, ate my sister?”

“Your sister? Bella’s your sister?” He furrowed his brows looking intently at me. Everyone was in awe except for Embry of course. “She doesn’t seem like you’re sister.”

“Everyone says that.”

“It’s because she’s hotter with her spicy red hair and flaming personality.” Embry winked again and I blushed.

“Hey, I don’t disagree with that.” Paul winked also, was it a guy thing to make girls blush? Cause if so they were doing a good job, maybe if they weren’t so hot. I wished Jake would come back; he was the only one I truly wanted to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay another one that I wrote in like an hour :) I'm planning on sending another one out tonight too and I got 2 more subscriptions in just that time <3 keep it coming guys and comments too <3 Rylan

Same outfit as chapter 8 but for those who didn't see :) http://www.polyvore.com/taysia_outfit/set?id=24481853