Status: Pleasantly Finished <3 :D Thank you all <3

Everything but My Heart

18

I shut the book that I had my Italian writing in; Aro told me my language skills were impressive and I gave him a smile. “Are you enjoying it here now Taysia?” He was the only one who refused to call me Tay, it was okay though the way he said my name was interesting.

“I love it here, I just miss mi casa.” I sighed but then fixed my smile because I was enjoying it here. Aro had become my new father over these past few weeks since my initial depression stage. I was told it was normal frequently but I loved my gifts and toying with Jane. Yesterday I kept moving the book she was looking for in the library, Demetri who was my best friend now along with Alec had to contain our laughter. That was until she shocked Demetri very briefly with pain and I told her we would leave her alone.

I sniggered at my memory and Aro gave me a questioning look. “It’s nothing.” I smiled wider than before, the Volturi were hardly what I thought they would be for the most part.

“Was it the book incident yesterday?” Aro tried to contain his own amusement. “Jane showed me in the hopes I would reprimand you. But it was only a bit of fun so I will let it go.”

“Thank you.” I said and he gave me an oddly look.

“You look pale my dear. You really should be drinking blood, not that artificial goo.” I exhaled knowing he was right but I still wasn’t about to drink blood from anything living, human or animal.

“I don’t want to Aro, it tastes the same and keeps me healthy for the most part does it not?” I knew my language pattern had changed slightly since they talked so sophisticatedly here.

“True, it’s just we will need you soon for missions. Your powers are very valuable to us in our quest to enforce our laws.” My smile dropped, “What’s wrong my dear?” I was hesitant to ask because I already had a good feeling as to what the answer would be.

“Would I- have to- kill people?” I spaced my words out of nerves because I didn’t think I could actually kill anyone.

“Yes, I know it’s not the answer you wanted to hear but it is better to kill than to be killed, right?” I sighed again his logic was correct but I would and could never kill anyone, human, vampire or werewolf. I didn’t answer him I merely stood up and left mentally grabbing my notebook before leaving the large central room where I first met Aro. I could feel his smile as he watched me walk away at the fact I used my powers.

I followed the empty hallways making my way to my room using my powers again to open the door; they sure did make things easier. Demetri was perched on my bed smiling as I came into his view.

“What are you doing in here?” I asked bypassing him and sitting further up on my bed.

“Came to see my favorite person.” He smiled looking at me with the same amusement and interest as he did the first time we “met”.

“Oh well I’m honored.” I sighed as I laid my head back causing Demetri to copy me.

“What’s got you so uptight?” H e leaned on his side making him a little closer.

“Nothing, Aro said something about missions today.” Demetri smirked now when I turned on my side.

“Oh, their not that bad. We do it for the good of our kind Tay.”

“It’s still not right.” I closed my eyes feeling a bit weary.

“Everything will be fine Tay, you’ll get used to it eventually.” He looked hopeful as he inched forward pressing his lips gently against mine. I pushed back ever so slightly since I did enjoy it. I opened my eyes again to see Demetri smiling wide his eyes glowing with a twinge of something I couldn’t quite place my finger on. His reaction made a smile appear on my face before he pushed his cold lips against mine again, but I couldn’t feel their temperature. The kiss lasted longer this time it didn’t get much more passionate but it was a very sweet.

“That was nice.” I commented after our second breakaway, the feelings that filled my head were going to make what I had planning recently much harder.

“Glad you thought so.” I heard him say before I entered his mind I could see myself like a mirror in my head, he loved me that was the flash I saw. He envisioned me still laying next to him, telling him how wonderful I thought he was; I was actually busy grabbing my small Italian notebook and seeing nothing else that seemed fit to bring with me. I did give him one last kiss on the cheek after I took control completely of his mind, letting him know he would be missed, I forced him to leave my room following him as I watched him shut the door to his room behind him.

If I was going to really do this I needed to now; when the light was nearing it’s rising. If I could get far enough to find somewhere to hide from the light that would be for the best, there was only one more thing I needed, my blood. The halls where still empty as I hastened my way to the kitchen where my blood and spare for the others was kept. I opened the fridge when I got there seeing all my blood clearly separated from the legit stuff tossing the three dozen bags I had left in duffel bag I found in a closet. I marched right out the front door unseen a few minutes later and was on my way in the empty streets of Volterra. I ran with my newly acquired speed another vampire plus, running to find a place to stay away from the light. My destination, back to the place I loved with the people I loved away from the missions and lifestyle that would force me to become the monster I truly was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter :) Yay! Thank you for the comments I've been getting, but more are always appreciated <3 Rylan