Status: Permanent Hiatus. I Have Absolutely No Desire To Finish This Story And My Inspiration Has Completely Run Out. Sorry To All Of My Subscribers And The People Who Recommended This Story =)

Red

Trust and Grey Eyes

I awoke with eight pairs of eyes staring at me. I could actually hear them sigh with relief that I had actually woken up.

I pushed myself up into a sitting position and watched as the room around me started to spin. Overcome with an overwhelming feeling of dizziness I laid my head back down on the soft and comfortable couch.

I closed my eyes once more, to escape the terrible headache, but was quickly shaken by the man who had found me in the forest.

“You cannot go to sleep.” I heard him say, although it was almost completely drowned out by the rushing noise in my head.

“Carlisle!” He called out “She’s not looking so good.”

“Emmett, she’s fine, simply feeling the effects of a concussion. Keep her awake and there should be no problem. Try talking to her; find out where she came from.”

“I can speak for myself” I heard myself mumble, “I don’t need you to talk for me”

“I assure you, I meant no disrespect, simply trying to allow you the ability to rest without actually being able to” The man I assumed to be Carlisle spoke. I could not actually see his face from the position I was in but I could tell he was a nice looking man simply from the way he talked.

“Where am I, who are you, why do you keep staring at me?” I asked, not to anyone specific but my last question was definitely directed at the Tinkerbelle looking girl with the wide eyes and an even wider smile.

“Hi” she spoke energetically, and it almost seemed that she was happy that I caught her staring,
“My name is Alice Cullen and you are at my family’s home. My brother Emmett rescued you after you fell and brought you here. My dad, Carlisle is a doctor so he’s been analyzing your well-being” she finished with a smile even brighter and wider than before.

All I could do is moan in complete irritation and pain. How could someone possibly be that happy when I was in so much pain?

Within my process of feeling bad for myself, I realized something that she hadn’t told me. “You never did say why you were staring.”

Her large bright smile faltered before she began to explain with an equally bright, yet obviously forced smile “Well, it’s just that you are so pretty and I was just thinking how lucky it was for Emmett, who is single, to find you.”

When I realized what she had been implying I began to laugh. I actually laughed. It wasn’t forced, it wasn’t fake, it was a genuine laugh.

If this girl actually realized the amount of trouble I had with Paul, she wouldn’t even begin to think that I could have a relationship with her brother. Ha!

I was still giggling a little when I saw one of the boys who had yet to introduce him whisper into Alice’s ear.

Alice then turned to me and said, “So, where did you come from?”

Not wanting to make Emily seem like a bad person, I began to lie, “I, um, I decided to go for a walk through the forest from La Push and I got really really lost. When your brother found me I had been in the forest for at least 3 hours.”

I could tell that everyone in the room had visibly tensed and seemed almost pissed off.

“Did I say something wrong?” I asked almost intimidated by their unexpected reactions.

“No, you didn’t say anything wrong, It’s just that we find it odd that you were wandering he woods for that long and that no one found you for that long of a time. We’re ust happy that you’re okay honey” A woman with honey blonde hair and a motherly feel to her said, before walking over and pulling me into a hug.

“Esme, you know better, we can’t trust this girl, especially if she stays over there with those mutts.”

“I’m sorry!?” I yelled, completely pissed off by this gorgeous blonde who thought she could speak to me any kind of way, “You can’t trust me? Hell I can’t trust you! All I know is that your some random family who decided it was a good idea to not take me to a hospital even though I have injuries, and the only mutts I know about are the wolves who apparently live in the forest. I haven’t met one, I don’t want to meet one, but what I do want to do is get the hell away from you and your bitchy personality. You may be one of the prettiest people I’ve ever met, yet your attitude makes you ugly as hell!”

With that I stood up and walked towards the front door. I was still dizzy but my anger made me feel almost better.

I took one more look around the room at all the shocked faces and turned around with a huff to walk out the door and back into the forest.

I was better off out here with the wolves than I was with a bunch of untrustworthy assholes.

Besides Alice, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme I didn’t trust any of them.

*10 minutes later*

“Making my way downtown, walking fast, faces past and I’m homebound” I sang terribly off-key but it allowed me the ability to distract myself from the eyes I couldn’t see, but I could feel looking at me and watching my every move.

“Staring blankly ahead, , making my way, making a way through the crowowowd” I continued singing even though I heard something move.

“And I need you” I sang before letting out an amazingly loud scream when I saw an abnormally large wolf standing in front of me.

The wolf had grey eyes and for some reason that calmed me, but not enough to stop myself from slowly backing away.

When the wolf then sat down and stared at my scared and retreating figure it almost looked amused.

I stopped and looked into the wolf’s eyes once more before walking towards it. Before I could stop myself and tell myself how terrible of an idea it was, my hand reached out and touched it.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENT. COMMENT. COMMENT.

I realize that people are reading the stories and not commenting.

I'm not doing this just for the sheer enjoyment, but I would actually appreciate feedback, just to say that I'm doing a good job or that I'm not as terrible as I convince myself to be.

COMMENT.

Wrote a longer chapter to make up for the fact that I haven't done that in a while. I hope you guys liked it.

Comment and Subscribe♥