I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

I’m Not A Teeny Bopper!

“Kirstie, you look so cute,” Lauren Lusk cooed as Josh and I walked into the Deegan house. She walked over and gave me a big hug as did Brian and Marissa Deegan.

“That’s what I keep telling her but she won’t believe me,” Josh grinned while putting his arm around my shoulders and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

“I feel so big though,” I shook my head as a smile broke through.

“Well you are seven months pregnant but you’re not that big trust me, I remember that feeling,” Marissa said.

“Thanks for doing this baby shower for us, it’s so sweet of you guys,” I told them.

“Well a Mulisha baby has to have a Mulisha baby shower,” Brian countered.

“I think it’s going to be funny just to see all the Mulisha boys here,” I snickered while we walked into the living room where Josh and I plopped down on the couch. Josh left his arm around my shoulders and I leaned into him.

Soon everyone started arriving but my smile was the biggest when Kylee walked in and sat down next to me. Oh and I guess Luke was there too….

We chatted with them some, I didn’t talk to Luke. I still don’t like that guy but Josh was talking up a storm with him. I have no clue why….but he did. Kylee seemed happy with this but she soon got up to get something to drink.

“Hey Grant,” Todd Potter smirked while Josh and Luke were talking and I was sitting there.

“Potter,” I smirked back, acknowledging his presence.

He came over and sat on the armrest of the couch next to me and a few of the other guys and their girls came over as well. As they did Luke and Josh jumped in on our conversation.

“I wonder if the baby is going to be a greaser like his dad or a teeny bopper like it’s mom?” Todd snickered.

”I’m not a teeny bopper!” I battled.

“Yes you are!” He fought back.

“No way! We play real music that we write and we actually have talent. Besides most of the people at our concerts are in their 20’s,” I countered.

“Well the rest of the band may have talent….just not you,” Todd laughed loudly.

Excuse me! I do believe that we were awarded the best band of the year and I was a nominee for the best guitarist of the year,” I responded.

“But you didn’t win!”

”Shut up Todd!” I threw at him with my own laughs.

“Being quiet is not a word in Todd’s realm of understanding,” Twitch teased.

“Nor in Kirstie’s,” Todd said giving me a light push.

“I’m not loud! You’re loud. I’m just talkative,” I told them.

“Yeah I agree,” Josh said while putting an arm around me.

“Of course you do,” Todd rolled his eyes. “You know Josh, you used to be a normal guy before you married that,” He said pointing at me.

“Stop picking on the pregnant lady!” I laughed.

“Yeah Todd,” Lauren said, whacking his arm.

Kylee then came back and sat down again while Luke wrapped her up in his embrace. I rolled my eyes but we started opening baby presents. Luke and Ky got us little band tee-shirts. They were so cute! I gave them both a hug. Yes….even Luke.

A few hours later the baby shower ended and the guys helped load our presents into the car. But as we were on our way home Josh got on the subject of Ky’sicky boyfriend.

“Why didn’t you talk to him?” He asked me.

“Because I don’t like him,” I plainly stated.

“But why not?” Josh questioned.

“Because Kylee is my best friend,” I told him.

“Wouldn’t that be a reason that you would like him,” Josh went on.

“Nope,” I shook my head. “I don’t like that Kylee acts different around him. That tells me she’s not totally comfortable around him and I haven’t forgotten that little party incident.”

“But Kirstie,” Josh almost whined. “Kylee hasn’t ever dated anyone like him so maybe she just needs some time to get comfortable around him. He seems like a good guy, I like Luke.”

“I don’t,” I said.

“Kirstie, just give him a chance,” Josh advised me.

“Well see,” Was all I said.

“I love you,” He smiled over at me while taking a hand off of the steering wheel and took my hand in his.

“I love you too,” I smiled back.

I’m so happy with Josh. He’s completely the man of my dreams and my best friend. I just want my bestie to be just as happy….
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually really like this chapter.
please comment!!! please please please please!

Kirstie