I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

Who Are You To Tell Me If I’m Fine Or Not?

I was bored today. I had the day off of work… Luke was off riding with his friends too. I just sat around, surfing the net for half the day. Thankfully, Kirstie stopped by in her nine month pregnant state.She’s waddles a whole lot now. But it’s cute… in a pregnant lady way.

“What are you up too?” I asked as she plopped down on the couch next to me.

“Josh isn’t home and the band’s off doing their… whatever they do when they’re not being band members. I figured I’d stop by to see what you were doing,” she replied.

“You see it,” I chuckled.

“We can be bored together!” she said way too excitedly, making laugh and rub the bridge of my nose.

She flipped the TV onto the music channel. Isn’t it just my luck? They were having a Beatles video hour. Yippie joy! But I dealt with it. It made the pregnant lady happy.

After an hour though, the unpregnant lady got happy. Her man walked through the door. I smiled at him as he walked over and sat on the armrest of the couch. He returned my grin before reaching down to give me a soft kiss.

“How was your day?” I asked softly with our lips still close to each other’s.

“I almost got bit by a snake!” he said, his eyes lighting up and his huge smile coming over him, making those adorable dimples show.

“I don’t want to know,” I couldn’t help but giggle.

“He was on my trails and we couldn’t run over it. So I picked it up by the tail to move it and it nipped at me!” he said with so much excitement in his voice.

“Luke,” I said while rubbing my forehead, but there was a laugh there.

He kissed my cheek and then went out into the kitchen. I shook my head and looked over at Kirstie. She didn’t have the most approving look on her face.

“He’s a genius,” she said while crossing her arms.

“What do you expect from someone who didn’t finish high school and hits his head on a daily basis?” I blurted out, wanting to slap those words back in.

“Well, he’s a real winner,” she shot back. “You should break up with him,” she went on bluntly.

“Kirsite, I love him,” I sighed, hearing his footsteps getting closer.

She didn’t say anything. Her eyes darted back to the TV. I thought Luke had resumed his spot next to me, but he took a step in front of me, holding a bottle of water out to Kirstie. She looked up at him oddly before taking it.She probably thought he put poison in it.

“Thanks,” she mumbled.

“You’re welcome,” he said cheerily before sitting next to me.

I smiled at his cute little deed before kissing his cheek.

“And for my lady,” he smiled while holding out a Rockstar lemonade… my favorite!But now I like it with a side of Luke.

“Thanks, baby,” I smiled while opening it… and then he stole the first drink.

I made a face at him, but he just smiled and kissed my lips softly, leaving the yummiest taste on my lips. I wanted more, but I had to contain myself. Kirstie was right there.

She started acting different though. Her hand kept going to her stomach and taking in big breaths of air and then letting them out slowly. She never said anything either. Luke noticed before I did. I was too wrapped up in him. But once he nudged me a few times, I quickly took notice.

“Kirst, you ok?” I asked after this had been going on for about twenty minutes.

“I’m fine,” she mumbled, keeping her hand right on her stomach.

“No, you’re not,” Luke chimed in.

“Who are you to tell me if I’m fine or not?” she snapped at him.

“Because you’re not acting right. It’s obvious,” he shrugged like it was nothing.

She just mumbled out something that I couldn’t make out. It took her a few more minutes, but she finally told us what was wrong.

“I think I’m having contractions,” she sighed.

My eyes almost popped out of their sockets. She can’t have the baby now… not in my house… with Josh not here! Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god! I instantly got up and searched for my phone. Luke tried calming me down because I was working Kirsite up. I didn’t care. Josh needed to be here… now!

“Ky, we need to get her to the hospital,” Luke said while grabbing my shoulders to make me look at him.

“Um… ok,” I said as if I had to think to get that answer out.

He chuckled at me before pulling me into a hug. I hugged back tightly and let out a sigh.

“She’s fine. You just need to chill out. She’s already worked up. We don’t need to help her,” he said into my ear.

I nodded my head before he left a soft kiss on my cheek. He flashed me one more smile before he went into the living room to convince Kirstie to get into his car. It took some time, but she eventually got in.

On the way there, she complained about his driving… that was perfectly fine! I think she was just ticked that she’s been so mean to him, but he’s being so nice to her right now.

I called Josh though. He said he was doing the best he could to get here with the given traffic situation. I sighed and relaxed into the back seat. Suddenly, Kirstie let out a yelp of pain. Luke reached over and took one of her hands and she held it back. Aw. I wish I had a camera right now.

They kept their hands cupped the rest of the way to the hospital. As they got Kristie a room ready, Luke and I waited in the waiting room. I smiled over at him and kissed his cheek.

“What was that for?” he asked with a cute smile.

“How cute you were on the way here,” I beamed.

“It’s just what I do,” he cockily replied, making me smile ever more.

Josh came a few minutes later. He zoomed right past us into Kirstie’s room. I was thinking about going in there, but I think she needs her husband right now… and I need my adorable boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwww lol

Ky

comment?