I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

I’m A Loose Cannon

Luke was up to something today. I just knew it! He was being all… mysterious. Not that I was really complaining, but… it was bugging me that I didn’t know what he had up his sleeves.

His phone was attached to his little hands all day. Every time I tried to look over his shoulder to see what he was doing, he hid it. I know it was nothing big. He would smile at me and tell me I’d find out later. Little butthead. I kept my kisses to myself all day too.

But as the night came, he told me to get ready for a party. This I didn’t think anything of. When I stepped out of the bathroom, he smiled at me and brought his warm arms around me. I smiled too and left a soft kiss on his lips.

“Get excited,” he beamed.

“For what?” I snapped, but I still smiled.

“What’s today?” he asked with a huge smile on his face.

I thought… and thought… and thought… And still got nothing. What is today? Why can’t he just tell me? I’ve never been good at this guessing game thing.

“Baby,” he said, looking at me like I was the biggest idiot.

“I’m sorry. Maybe it’s from the lack of the blows to the head,” I teased, making him chuckle.

“You’re so funny,” he said goofily before kissing my cheek and leading me out the door.

He opened his car door for me so that I could slide in. As we drove, I was still thinking. What the heck is it? Luke knew it was bothering me too. He always looked over at me and smirked. Stupid Aussie.

“Baby, when did we meet?” he asked, looking at me when he was at a stoplight.

Oh my god… We’ve been together a year! How could I forget? Aren’t the men supposed to forget? But I think we’ve established that Luke isn’t your typical man.I blame him being Australian. But I love him and wouldn’t have it any other way.

When his car came to a stop, I looked around and saw… nothing. It was all dark. The only thing I could hear was the far off sound of traffic in the distance.Oh no. Was Kirstie right? Is he going to murder me?

“Close your eyes,” he smiled as we got out. “Please,” he asked, pouting once I sent him a look.

I huffed and closed my eyes. He took my hand and started walking. Obviously, I have no idea where too. It’s dark and my eyes are closed.He could be leading me to my death!

But them I heard a door open and then my feet stepped onto squishy floor. I’m assuming it was carpet. He let go of my hand, but his arms quickly wrapped around my waist. I couldn’t hold in my smile as he started leaving kisses on my shoulder.

“You can open them now,” he whispered into my ear.

I didn’t want to. I waned to enjoy this little blissful moment. But I did… and let out a loud gasp.

“Happy one year anniversary!” everyone shouted… and I mean everyone!

My parents were there. The whole Mulisha family was there. Luke’s friends were there… Everyone was there! I smiled and turned around to hug my man. He even got a big kiss too.

“Surprise,” he smiled once we parted.

“You are so cute!” I grinned, refusing to let go of him. “This is what you’ve been planning all day?” I went on to ask.

He nodded his head, his smile never leaving that gorgeous face. Those dimples! They make me melt.

“Love you,” I mumbled with my face buried in his chest.

“Love you too, baby,” he smiled before kissing my cheek.

I finally parted from him to go greet everyone. Luke went on to be the social butterfly that he is. I thought it was cute though. Someone kept catching my eye though. Jimmy. Why is he here? I got a weird feeling when I saw him too. I want Luke… now.And I don’t want him out of my sight or near Jimmy!

“Hey,” I smiled as I took a step next to Luke who was talking to a few of his friends… and Todd was there of all people. As I stood there, it sounded like they knew each other. Small world.

“Hey, gorgeous,” he smiled while slinging his arm around me. “Having fun?” he asked after he had kissed my cheek.

“Uh huh, but I’m sad I haven’t seen much of you tonight,” I pouted, hooking my arms around him tightly.

He made a pouty face at me before kissing my lips softly. Everything was calm and I liked it. I was in my man’s arms, chatting it up with everyone. But then, Jimmy Fitzpatrick came over. Luke kind of tensed up and his grip around me tightened. I sighed and tried to relax against his chest.

“Kylee,” Jimmy kind of… snickered.

“Jimmy,” I replied, trying to be the nicer person here.

“You never introduced your boyfriend to me,” he said with this agitation in his voice.

“I didn’t think you’d want to be. It’s not like we’ve talked in the past year about anything,” I couldn’t help but blurt out.

“Because you’ve been with him! We had an amazing relationship until he came around,” he said, losing it just a little.

“Don’t bring Luke into this. Just because you’re jealous, doesn’t mean…”

“I’m jealous? I’m not the one that flipped out when I saw you with him like you did when I brought my girlfriend to Kirstie’s baby shower,” he shot back.

“Don’t talk to her that way, bro,” Luke butted in.Save me, baby.

“I can talk to her how ever I want,” Jimmy said to Luke, getting way too much of an attitude towards him.I’d watch it bud. Luke got those guns from boxing.

“Not while I’m around,” Luke said all cool, clam, and collected. But he gently nudged me over to the side.

“Luke, don’t,” I tried to pull him back, but he stepped towards Jimmy.

“You better listen to her… mate,” Jimmy countered, making fun of Luke’s Aussie accent.That’s so frickin’ cute! How could you make fun of it?

“Luke, just be the bigger person and walk away,” I tired to get through to him.

He wasn’t hearing anything I was saying now. Why wasn’t anyone stepping in here? I can’t! I’m so tiny compared to those two.

“Yeah, Luke… walk away,” Jimmy piped in.

“I will… right into Kylee’s arms,” Luke smirked.

Jimmy did not like that remark one bit. A fury came over his eyes as he pulled his fist back. Before anyone could stop him, he let it fly… right towards Luke’s face. Luke was able to move out of the way though and got a punch into Jimmy’s stomach, making him hunch over. But not for long. He recovered and went after Luke again.

He clipped Luke’s side, but that hard core can handle more than that. Luke responded by tackling Jimmy to the ground, throwing punches when and wherever he could.

During this time it was as if time stood still. I couldn’t do anything but watch. Thankfully, Todd came over and pulled Luke off of Jimmy and Josh tried to push Jimmy back. The look on his face was pure hatred. Then I saw Luke. His was worse. If looks could kill, Jimmy would so be dead right now. No questions asked.

He had a little blood falling from his lip though. I took his arm and led him into the bathroom, away from everyone. I quickly locked the door and he hopped onto the countered, shaking from his adrenaline rush. I wanted to be mad at him for getting all worked up like that, but… he didn’t throw the first punch. He was defending himself… and me.

I sighed and ran cold water onto a cloth. Once it was soaked, I placed myself between his knees and gently pressed it against the corner of his lip. He flinched a little, but quickly relaxed.

“I’m sorry,” he said softly. “I’m a loose cannon,” he went on, dropping his head to keep his eyes away from me.

I didn’t know what exactly to say, so I just wrapped my arms around his middle tightly. He just sat there with his arms at his side, heavy sighs coming out of him. My hand came up and started to gently rub his back.

“I love you though,” I said with my face nuzzled into the crook of his neck.

“I love you too… and I couldn’t let him talk to you like that. He can say anything he wants about me, but once he starts bad mouthing you and making you feel uncomfortable, that’s not flying with me,” he said, letting his A.D.H.D. come through.

It made me smile and kiss his forehead. We stayed in here a little longer, letting everyone cool down. I hope Jimmy left. I don’t want to keep Luke in here all night…and I hope Luke’s friends didn’t do anything to Jimmy. But all I care about right now is my swollen lipped boyfriend. I think he’s going to make a full recovery though. He’s got me; has for a year… and I’m not planning on going anywhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH NO!

but yeah... our Tanner/Josh story is pretty awesome... but then again, I'm like in love with Tanner right now soo... anything with him in it, is just oh so amazing lol

Kylee

comment?