I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

I’ll Be There For You

“That’s awesome Kirstie, I love that,” Danny grinned after I finished playing a song for them at the recording studio that I had written this past week.

“Thanks,” I replied.

“That should be the first song on our next album,” Kevin buzzed.

“Well let’s see what else we get, I just wrote that from some stuff that’s been going on,” I sighed.

“Like what?” Danny asked.

“I just think that something is up with Kylee so…I kind of wrote it for her,” I explained.

“You should play it for her today when you go pick up Danni,” Kev told me.

“I think I will,” I grinned.

“Okay, we’ll see you tomorrow then,” Danny said before gave them each a hug and got in my car to go get my little girl.

I walked into Kylee’s house and surprisingly Luke wasn’t there! Wow, that’s a shocker. I saw Kylee holding my sleeping girl in her arms and she shot me a smile as I took a seat next to her.

“Hey, how did the recording go?” She asked me softly.

“Good, thanks for watching Danni for me,” I told her.

“Of course, no problem. I love watching her,” Kylee grinned.

“You’ve always been a very good friend to me. I love you a lot Kylee,” I said, completely heartfelt. “You have a very special place in my heart. No one, not even Josh, could mean the same to me that you do.”

“Aw, I love you too Kirstie,” She replied.

“You know that if you ever need me I’m here,” I started. “Is there anything you want to talk about?”

“No, why do you ask?” She questioned in an almost panicky voice.

“You just seem like there’s something….you’re keeping from me,” I said in a voice that was barely above a whisper.

“Nope, I’m fine,” She quickly told me.

“Well, I wrote a song today, wanna hear it?” I asked her.

“Sure,” She replied.

I ran out to the car and got my guitar and came back and started playing for her. I sang with my heart poured into every single word but the chorus was what meant the most to me and what I hoped would mean the most to her as well.

”I’ll be there for you,
These five words I promise with all my heart to you
When you breathe I want to be the air for you
I’ll be there for you
I’d live and die for you
Steal the sun from the sky for you
I’ll be there for you”


As the song ended Kylee had a distant look in her eyes but she never said a word. She just let out a small sigh and gave me a weak smile then handed Danni out to me. I wanted to cry at that very moment, something was up and I could tell it was eating at Kylee, but she couldn’t tell me. That broke my heart. I want to help her, but I can’t if she won’t tell me.

I just sighed before taking the bundle of pink blankets and held Danni close to my chest before sulking out to my car.

“I want to be there for her, Josh,” I said later that nigh as I was cuddled up to him and confided to him about everything.

“I know you do, baby,” He replied while stroking my hair. “But, you can’t make her tell you.”

“I love her though. We’re best friends,” I softly whispered into his chest.

“Maybe nothing is up and she’s just….having a bad week or something,” Josh suggested.

“I hope you’re right,” I responded.

“She’ll be okay, sweetheart. Just give her sometime and if something is up she’ll tell you when the time is right for her. Maybe if she’s having problems she’s just not ready to tell you yet,” Josh went on.

“But I want to be there for her,” I said with tears welling in my eyes.

“I know Kirstie, I know you do but…maybe just having your friendship is helping her,” He said to me while gazing into my eyes. Josh then brought his hand up to cup my cheek and caressed it with his thumb.

“I love you Joshie. You always make me feel better,” I sighed while relaxing in his embrace.

“I love you too. I’m so glad you’re my wife, you’ve given me such a beautiful family,” He told me with a blissful smile.

“Nothing in the world makes me happier than being a Grant,” I truthfully said.

We shared a bunch of sweet kisses before I closed my eyes and fell asleep in his arms like I do every night. The only difference was that it took me longer to fall asleep, my mind was still thinking of Kylee….
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm so excited for christmas! i wish it was tomorrow!

Kirstie

Comments?