I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

Guess What Luke Did!

Kirstie just left, making me feel like the worst friend ever! I haven’t been able to tell anyone about Luke and I’s little secret. It’s been hard; especially Kirstie. I’ve wanted to tell her. I really have, but… I don’t want people’s opinion to change about me… or Luke.

He asked me to marry him the day after we found out. It was cute. He put candles all throughout his house and put flowers everywhere too. I thought he was just being romantic, but… he got down on one knee and asked. He swore up and down it wasn’t because I was pregnant… and I believed him.

My parents know Luke proposed and I think that’s about it. But now that Kirstie thinks I’m hiding something, maybe I should tell her. I mean… we’ve already started planning it. That’s where Luke’s at now. He’s getting the venue set up for our date… that’s less than three months away!

We agreed to get married before the baby came… and we were aiming before I started showing so no one knew. I hope this works. I really do. I know a lot of people are going to feel lied too or hurt from it, but… it’s what Luke and I want.

“Guess what your baby’s daddy just did,” Luke’s voice boomed as he walked inside with a huge grin on his face.

“What’d you do, baby?” I smiledeven though I hated the sound of those words!

“We got the place!” he said way too excitedly while jumping onto the couch with me. I grabbed my stomach and tried to hold in its contents. “Sorry, I keep forgetting about your stomach situation,” he smiled brightly while hooking his arms around me.

“Could you use different words?” I tried to laugh it off.

“I’m sorry, baby. You’re… throwing up problem,” he smirked, making me roll my eyes, but I still smiled and kissed him.

“You ok… you look a little… not happy,” he pouted cutely.

“Kirstie came today and… she wrote a song about always being there for me and… she asked if everything was ok with me. Am I having mood changes that bad that it’s noticeable? Do I look fat already? I’m only like three weeks along. Did you think she saw my ring and flipped out because I didn’t tell her? What if…”

“Baby, calm down,” he chuckled while cupping my cheek. “Everything is going to be fine. Stop worrying about it,” he smiled while placing his forehead on mine.

“I think I should tell her about this though,” I sighed while bringing my left hand up and wiggling my ring finger.

“Whatever you want… but… tomorrow. You looked so stressed right now,” he smiled while pushing my bangs out of my face.

I nodded my head and rested it against his chest. It didn’t stay there long though. He lifted me up and took me up to my room where we cuddled the night away… and argued about baby names.

The second I opened my eyes in the morning, I had to bolt to the bathroom. Luke came in a little later, making sure to rub my back and keep my hair back. After I brushed my teeth, I went over and clung to Luke’s bare torso… and cried.

“Baby,” he cooed while rubbing my back.

“Make it go away,” I whined.

“I wish I could, but… I think I caused it so,” he trailed off with a smile in his voice. It made me smile. “Someone’s hormonal this morning,” he teased once I looked up at him.

“What do you want me to be?” I shot back.

“My beautiful fiancée,” he smiled while hugging me tightly.

“That’s preggers,” I sighed.

“Who’s carrying our first child. You tell me to use nicer words. I think you should too,” he said with the cutest look on his face.

“I have to get ready to go to Kirstie’s,” I sighed.

“Ok, may be you two can do wedding stuff. You need to get your dress. That might be fun for you two,” he suggested.

“I can’t get my dress until like a week before. What if I get fat?” I questioned while going into the closet.

“You’re not going to get fat that fast.”

I just threw my shirt at him and shut the door so I could change. When I came out, I went over and kissed him goodbye before I was out the door and on my way to the Grants. I can do this. I just have to tell Kirstie that Luke and I are getting married. I can do this… I can do this… I can… I think I’m going to puke! I was just a street away and I had to pull over to vomit on the side of the road.How attractive?

But I made it to the Grants. I stuck a piece of gum in my mouth before I went up to the front door. I made sure my hoodie fit loosely around my middle so they wouldn’t think of anything of it.

“Hey,” Josh answered the door after I knocked on it.

“Is Kirstie here?” I asked, trying to be my happy self.

“Yeah, she’s feeding Danni,” he said while stepping to the side to let me in.

“Kirstie!” I said, trying to force excitement on myself.

“What?” she asked quickly.

“Guess what Luke did!”

“What?” Both Josh and Kirstie asked at the same time.

“He proposed!”

They both let out a little gasp, but Kirsite smiled and came over to pull me into a hug.

“Is that why you’ve been acting so weird?” she asked once we parted.

“Yeah… I didn’t know if you still liked him as much as you were saying so…” I trailed off.

“I’m so excited for you. When?” she asked as she tugged me over to the couch.

“Two and half months,” I said. They both looked at me with dumbfound expressions. Uh oh… “We just don’t want to wait. We love each other so much,” I added, hoping they bought it.

They nodded their heads as smiles came back over their faces. I don’t know if I can keep this for much longer. Why do I feel like I’m doing the wrong thing?
♠ ♠ ♠
What could possibly go wrong!? lol

Kylee

comment?