I'm Feeling Things Are About to Change

He's Her French Fry

Guess who I get to see today? LUKE! That’s all I could think about as I was getting ready for my day. I got him to agree to meet my best friend. I’m really liking this guy…even though we’ve known each other a whole three days. We’ve talked constantly though, whether it be by text messages, phone calls, or seeing each other for only a matter of minutes. I enjoyed every word that we’ve shared.

I was slightly nervous though. Who knows what Kirstie would say in her pregnant.A.D.H.D state. But… I really like Luke and Kirstie’s my best friend. I want her opinion on him before I peruse him in anyway.

Just as I was walking down the stairs, there was a soft knock on the door. My smile came over me and I ran the rest of the way to the door. Once I flung it open, Luke’s smiling, slightly scruffy face was there. He opened his arms for me and I gladly took him up on his offer.

“Miss me?” he asked with a little smirk in his voice.

“You or your ego?” I teased once we parted.

He just chuckled and followed me inside so that I could put my shoes on and grab my car keys. But as I was getting them, apparently Luke had something on his mind. His sweet voice filled my ears.

“So… I wanted to ask you something before we left, but… I’m not too sure if it’s too soon or not,” he spoke up, his tone not as confident as he usually is.

“No, I will not marry you,” I snickered while turning around to catch his smile.

“So… does that mean we’ll take a few steps back and give this… boyfriend/girlfriend thing a try?” he asked with his cockiness slowly coming back as his hands found their way to my hips.

“I don’t know…” I countered teasingly, making him chuckle ever so cutely.

“Please,” he pouted, making the word sound so much more adorable with his accent. He even added a little pout of his gorgeous brown eyes, making him resemble a cute little puppy dog.

“I guess… since you are begging,” I teased again while wrapping my arms around his neck loosely.

He smiled brightly and pecked my lips. It wasn’t this heated kiss. It was quick, but… it caused a little flutter in my stomach. We held each other’s gaze a little longer before I thought I was going to melt.

“We should go. I don’t want to keep Kirstie and Josh waiting,” I said quickly.

“Now, this is the best friend right? And the best friend’s….” he traied off, not knowing what to call Josh.And neither did I.

“He’s her French fry,” I giggled at myself as I started for my car with Luke following.

He gave me that what expression as we lowered ourselves into the car and were on our way. I had to explain to him that Josh was short, had a faux hawk type thing for hair, and was greasy… Just like a French fry! He got a kick out of it though. And anything that makes that gorgeous smile come through is fine with me.

The French fry actually opened the door when we knocked. Luke let out a chuckle that made me almost lose it. But I just put a grin on my face and walked past him with Luke following.

“Where’s your pregnant wifey?” I asked since I didn’t see her in the living room.

“In the kitchen… she’s been having… cravings,” he said… like it was a bad thing. She’s pregnant, Joshua. Of course this is going to happen.

But I shrugged it off and went off to the kitchen. Kirstie was stuffing her face with… Reese’s Cups. I wanted to smack my forehead.

“Kirstie, you might as well be drinking Red Bull than eating Reese’s,” I said, rolling my eyes.

“But they’re so good!” she countered. “Want one?” she asked while handing one to me.

“No… wait… actually yes,” I said, making us both giggle as I took it from her.

I unwrapped it and broke it in half as evenly as I could and gave a piece to Luke. He smiled at me before we both popped the piece into our mouths.

“Aw,” Kirstie cooed with her mouth full of that peanut buttery goodness.

“Luke, this is Kirstie. She’s like my best friend. And Kirstie, this is Luke. My boyfriend; you know… my boy… that’s a friend,” I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Ha, ha. Funny funny Rodger,” she said. “Like I wouldn’t get it. He’s your boyfriend… oh my gosh… he’s your boyfriend? Already?” she rushed to say, making me roll my eyes.

“I couldn’t turn down those good looks,” I smiled up at him.

“And to think I thought everyone that lived in Riverside was attractive,” she mumbled, making Josh snicker from next to her.

I just rolled my eyes. I know my man is gorgeous… and he has an accent. What beats that?

“So, Luke… have you ever… possibly… murdered someone… with an axe? A hatchet to the face?” she kept going on.

Luke looked at her like she was insane. Josh and I were trying so hard to keep in our laughter. This is Kirstie to a T. Poor Luke for getting it all at once… and she’s pregnant. That just adds to it.

“Um… No. But I have accidently ran over a few snakes with my back. Stupid things like to hang out on the trails,” he said while shacking his head so cutely that had his Rockstar hat on it.

“Snakes are gross,” she said. “Like… escargot,” she added, making everyone bust out in laughter.

“Are you always like this or is it just because you’re pregnant?” Luke asked with that adorable chuckle in his voice.

“I don’t think it’s just the pregnancy,” Josh chimed in, making Kirstie send him a glare. But it eventually lessoned and they shared a… not so innocent kiss. EW! You just meet my boyfriend and you have to go and make out in front of him. How rude!

But that was their only moment the rest of the night. I think they liked Luke… they got along with him anyway. There were a few times I thought Kirstie might snap at him for saying something a little too arrogant, but she didn’t.I think it’s because Josh was holding onto her. But who knows?

As we drove back to my house to get Luke to his car, he said he didn’t feel too uncomfortable which is always good. Like I thought, he had a few uneasy moments, but all in all, I think my relationship with Luke is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to see what comes of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love me some Aussie :D lol

Ky

comment :D