Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Five

Sunlight entered the house through the huge glass window on the right side of the room. It bathed the room with warmth, from the large bookcase on one side of the room to the couch and chairs that were in the middle and the tv that was on the other side of the room.

Flaming red hair stood out in the calm scene before you. It was tied in a loose ponytail that fell down in soft waves. The owner of the hair ran her fingers through her hair and took it out the elastic that was holding it together. She ran a hand over her face before letting her fingers rest over the keyboard of the laptop that sat before her on the mahogany coffee table that lay in the middle of the room. She let out an irritated sigh and tapped her fingers mindlessly on the keyboard. Letters appeared on the screen before her and she quickly deleted it.

Her bright blue eyes flickered from the screen of her laptop to the clock that hung on the wall opposite the window. She checked the clock on her screen too and noticed how the times were exactly the same. A groan escaped her mouth and she grabbed the stack of papers that were beside her laptop. She went through it, barely glancing at the words on the paper.

A doorbell rang out through the house and she rolled her eyes at this. She mumbled incoherent words before standing up. She fixed her plain pink spaghetti strap top that horribly clashed with her hair and denim shorts that showed off her long white legs. She slid her feet into white ballet flats before making her way to the front door.

She opened the door and glared at the boy who stood before her. His tall and lanky frame was leaning against the doorway and his light brown locks were in a tangled mess on the top of his head. A plain white shirt hung on his thin frame, dark denim jeans fell low on his hips, and his feet were shoved in plain white nike dunks. One hand was holding on to the strap of a dark blue Jansport backpack and the other was shoved in the pocket of his jeans. His sea green eyes looked at her with as much distaste as her bright blue ones looked at him.

“It’s about fucking time, O’Callaghan.” She greeted him.

“Always full of compliments, aren’t you, Anderson?” He replied snidely, sarcasm laced in his words.

She rolled her eyes and let him in. She led him to the living room where her laptop was and sat in the same exact position she was in before he arrived. He stood across her and pulled out a notebook and some crumpled out of his bag. He dropped them on the coffee table in between them.

“There’s everything you told me to do.” He said gesturing to the mess on the table. “Can I go now?”

“Uh, no.” She replied her eyes glaring at him. “If I could have done this project alone, I would have but no I actually need your help. So organize your papers and whatever. I want to finish this project as soon as possible. Spending my Saturday with you isn’t exactly on my list of things to-do.”

“And I just want to spend my whole life with you since you’re such a pocketful of sunshine.” He replied sarcastically before he dropped his bag on the floor and sat opposite of her.

“Let’s finish this project already. It’s due on December 11 which is Monday already and we haven’t even started yet.” She said, ignoring his last comment.

“And whose fault is that?” he asked.

“Definitely not mine.” She replied harshly. “I wanted to start this project right away and finish it as soon as possible but you kept blowing me off.”

“Excuse me,” He replied, glaring at her. “You never told me when we were going to work on this thing! You just expected me to know. When I approached you to talk about it, you bitched on me. So whose fault is it?”

“What are you talking about?!” She yelled, standing up. “I told you when to meet up and where. I texted you and even called your house and left a message with your mom to tell you. And the only reason I bitched at you was because you asked me ‘Are you done with the project yet?’”

“I assumed you wanted to do it by yourself!” He replied, standing up too. “Everyone knows you like doing the group works all by yourself! So I thought it was better that I didn’t interrupt you since you didn’t seem to want my help. And you only did that once! I told you I couldn’t go because I had to watch Shane’s baseball game. I rescheduled and you didn’t show up!”

“I was out of town!” she yelled, frustrated. “I was in the Math competition in Washington!”

“Nerd,” he said with as much hate as he could.

“Dick,”

“Bitch,”

“Pussy,”

“Prude,”

“Manwhore,”

“Now, who ever said that was a bad thing?” he said cockily.

“Always a douchebag, aren’t you, O’Callaghan?” she replied with her hands on her hips.

“Just with you, sunshine.” He replied with a mocking smile.

His sea green eyes stared down at her bright blue ones and she stared right back. Neither of them looked away as they took it as a sign of weakness. They had somehow ended up right in front of each other during the argument and they could hear each other breathing heavily.

It’s been so long since they’ve been alone together. The last time they were alone together was when they were in sixth grade and locked in a closet together because of a prank gone horribly wrong. It ended with a crying Cahlen and left John with a black eye.

The last time they were civil with each other must have been when they were grade one and if five years of pent up anger and deep hatred towards each other can leave them like that, what about ten years?

“Shorty,”

“Giant,”

Their lips instantly attached. His arms went around her small frame and his hands rested on the small of her back. Her arms went around his neck and her fingers laced themselves in his hair. He let out a sound of annoyance as he felt soreness in his neck from bending for so long. He lowered his hands to her ass and proceeded to pick her up. She wrapped her legs around his torso and he carried her until her back hit a wall painfully.

“You’re such a bastard.” She said when she broke the kiss.

“And you’re a whore.” He said before attacking her lips again.

Still carrying her, he started walking to the stairs and climbed them before leading the way to her bedroom, using memories from his childhood to guide him.

He dropped her on her bed before climbing on top of her. His lips moved to her neck as he began to assault her neck. She let out a soft moan and her fingers played with the hem of his shirt.

“John,” she said, stopping him from what he was doing so they were now looking at each other. “This doesn’t change anything, right?”

“No, I still hate you.” He replied.

“Good,” she replied before pulling his shirt over his head and rolling them over so that she was now straddling him.

Ten years of hatred and teenage hormones.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so this is a flashback to their senior year in high school. Expect quite a few more flashbacks throughout the story. It will be a flashback if it's italicized like this chapter is. :)

Thanks to theloveinmyclub for commenting on the last chapter. It's okay though if you didn't because I only posted that a couple of hours ago. So yay! Two updates in one day :D Anyway please do comment and tell me what you think of the story because I really appreciate it!