Status: Slowly coming back to life.

It Is Just A Child's Game

Chapter Six

“John, what are you doing here?” Cahlen asked after she sent Frankie to stay upstairs in their room. She stood by the doorway that led into the kitchen.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” John asked her, completely ignoring her question as he sat down on the couch in the middle of the room.

“Tell you what?” She questioned, her eyebrows furrowed.

“About everything, anything!” He replied vaguely, raising his hands in the air.

“What?!” Cahlen exclaimed, confusion written all over her face.

“Why didn’t you tell me about Frankie?” John asked.

“Why should I have told you about Frankie?” Cahlen asked.

“What? Are you seriously asking that question?” John said, anger evident in his voice.

“He’s not yours, John.” Cahlen said calmly.

“Huh,” He said. “How old is he?”

“He’s three years old turning four in a couple of months.” She answered.

Silence filled the room as John did the math in his head. Once he solved it, he glared at Cahlen with such distaste. He hadn’t looked at her like this since the early senior year. It was definitely a look Cahlen didn’t miss.

“What?” She asked as she felt the tension quickly building.

“You really are a whore.” John said trying to put as much hate as possible into his words. “I felt bad for saying all those things about you during the party because I knew what I was saying were lies. Now, it turns out I was wrong. You really are a whore, Cahlen.”

John quickly stood up and took one last glance at Cahlen before making his way out of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, isn't John quite an ass?
Next chapter going to be up in a while. Sorry for this chapter's lack in length.