Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter ten

Today I was out with Ash in an open field just outside Cerulean City. We had arrived in Cerulean City last night, and stayed in the gym with Misty and her sisters.

I liked Misty’s sisters. Whilst I admit their teasing of Misty wasn’t very nice, they seemed like my kind of people and we got along really well.

We would be staying in Cerulean City until tomorrow morning, when we would be heading off to Pewter City and saying goodbye to Misty. However, Misty had promised to visit Ash and I in Pallet Town after we got there, she just had things to do in Cerulean City and had to spend time with her sisters for the time being.

For today though it was just Ash and I outside the city in a field. When I first began travelling with Ash, Misty and Brock we went to Celadon City first in order to go to Celadon Mall. I promised Ash that we’d go out Pokémon training and catching together in order to do that. Ash approached me last night and decided to take me up on that offer I completely forgot about.

I didn’t put up a fight though. After some serious thinking I had decided I would start training Eevee. Not to become a Pokémon trainer or to collect badges or anything, I just wanted to train Eevee for her health after seeing the benefits from her fight with Krabby. She seemed less energetic and much more happy after that fight.

Perhaps if I caught another Pokémon today it could be a training partner for Eevee.

Ever since the encounter with Gary, Ash had been by my side non-stop. While this may sound annoying (and it was for the first few days) it got me to know Ash even better than I already did.

He really cared about his Pokémon. He was always very worried about their wellbeing, and their health always came first. Another indicator of this was how much they cared about him back. They always did anything they could to please him, and were always eager to help him out.

I also began to notice something that I didn’t notice before. He had that sexy cocky attitude that Gary had too. But unlike Gary he was just confident of his abilities, rather than stuck up and thinking he owned the world. However, even though he was confident he was also very sweet to everyone around him, something that people like Gary and Cole were not.

I guess you could say I had grown to like Ash. As in more than a friend.

I wasn’t an idiot; it was fairly obvious the kid returned my feelings. Which is another reason why I accepted this day. For we never really had any time alone, and now that we did things may begin to blossom.

“So how do you want to do today?” Ash asked me.

“Uh, I’m not sure. Maybe I should train Eevee up a bit, and then try and catch a Pokémon?” I suggested.

“Great idea. Bulbasaur, I choose you!” Ash shouted, throwing a pokéball out and his Bulbasaur appeared.

“I’ve always noticed this, but never really said anything. I notice you’ve only got Kanto Pokémon. Why?” I asked Ash.

“Oh, I have a lot of Pokémon from every region. I just decided to bring along my Kanto Pokémon for this journey. It’s where I met them all, and they’ve been with Professor Oak for a long time.” Ash shrugged.

I just smiled and nodded as a response.

“Hey Bulbasaur, train with Eevee for a while. Remember to be gentle and take it easy on her, please? We’ll just be over here…” Ash said to his Bulbasaur, which gave a nod and a ‘Bulba!’ as a response.

I gave Ash a confused look, as he grabbed me by my hand and led me off to a distance that was far away enough from our Pokémon, but a safe distance that we could easily reach them should nothing go wrong.

Of course Pikachu had decided to come with Ash and I as well.

“Are you okay Lily? You’ve been quiet today.” Ash asked me.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just, really don’t know what to expect from today. If that makes sense.” I shyly answered, giving a quick smile at the end of my statement.

“You’re not awkward around me, are you? That would really offend me, because I’m really comfortable around you.” Ash asked me.

“No, don’t worry. I honestly feel the same way. I literally mean what I said, I don’t know what to expect.” I shrugged.

We were both silent for a while. What Ash said did make things awkward, but we both didn’t want to admit it. Finally, I decided to break the silence.

“So why did you drag us over here anyway? If I’m going to train Eevee, shouldn’t I learn how to do so?” I asked Ash.

“That will come later. Bulbasaur can teach her a few things to begin with, then you can begin training her.” Ash replied.

“Okay. That makes sense then.” I beamed at him.

“God, your smile is so beautiful. Um, Lily I have to be honest with you.” Ash exclaimed, and began to look nervous.

“Oh, um. Okay?” I replied, a little nervously as well.

“The reason I wanted to come out today, and left Eevee and Bulbasaur over there wasn’t just for the training. I really like you, and I wanted to spend some time alone with you.” Ash admitted to me.

“Oh. That’s okay, because I kind of like you too.” I nervously admitted.

I looked down and giggled upon my confession, I was so embarrassed. I’d never had a boyfriend, or admitted I liked anybody.

“That’s um…good.” Ash said, and I could hear him awkwardly scratch his neck.

I knew he was thinking the same as me. What now?

However, luckily Pikachu had the solution. Pikachu used thunder shock on both Ash and I. I fell to the ground onto my back. Ash fell not too long after, however he fell onto his stomach, right on top of me…

We were both too shocked from Pikachu’s sudden attack to say anything, and took a minute or two to recover.

Then at the same time, it both hit us. We were both really close, just inches apart. We both studied each other’s faces, and Ash tucked my hair behind my ears.

“I think I’m going to kiss you now.” Ash nervously stuttered, however his eyes did not leave mine.

“O-okay.” I stuttered back.

I closed my eyes, ready for his lips to come onto mine.

I didn’t wait long, as I felt his hot breath on my face, and shortly after his lips upon mine. It was an attempt at a slow kiss, and I couldn’t really judge how good it was or not considering I had never kissed before.

It was probably pretty average because I was sure he had never been kissed either, but I couldn’t be sure. The only way to describe it would be…slow.

We broke apart, and my eyes fluttered open. He was staring me directly in the face, with a huge smile on his face. I was sure I wore the same smile too.