Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter eleven

Ash asked me out on the field that day. I accepted, and here we were a week later. We had sadly said goodbye to Misty, and were already in Pewter City, which was where we would say goodbye to Brock.

There was going to be a party at Pewter City Gym to celebrate Brock’s homecoming. Apparently Brock’s siblings have been planning it for a long time as a surprise party for Brock. As soon as entered the gym Forrest, who was Brock’s oldest sibling (Who was Ash’s age) pulled us aside to discuss it with us.

Although it was a party thrown for Brock for his homecoming, it was still open house. Or should I say, open gym? Brock’s siblings knew how much Brock loved women and attracting a large crowd of people would mean more women to flirt with, and the more women means a higher chance he won’t be rejected.

I was really looking forward to the party tonight. I had never really been to a party. Sure in my youth when I still had friends I attended a few of those lame kiddie birthday parties, but not a teenage party with *gasp* boys and alcohol!

It would be sad to say goodbye to Brock, but once again he promised to come visit us in Pallet Town sometime.

***

I was getting ready for the party in Cindy’s room. Cindy was Brock’s second oldest sibling, and was 17 like me. I didn’t own any party clothes (having never been invited to one before) so she lent me a nice dress that fitted me nicely. In return she borrowed some pastel coloured clothes I owned – a pale pink top and a skirt.

We also helped each other do our hair and make-up. It was nice to have a friend to be able to do this with, because to be honest I had never had somebody like this.

Sure Misty was a good friend and we got close but she was a total tomboy. We’d never lend each other clothing and all the girlie jazz. Cindy was nice and promised we’d hang out the rest of the night.

After Cindy and I were chatting away and giggling for a while, there was a knock on the door. Without waiting for permission to come in, Ash walked in anyway.

He looked exactly the same as he usually does. He hadn’t changed a single article of clothing. The only difference was that he had his hat turned backwards instead of the usual forward fashion he wore it in.

“You girls are already done! Can’t you come down now? Brock is about to come back” Ash whined.

He grabbed me by the hand and pulled me downstairs, whilst Cindy was rolling her eyes as she trotted behind us.

I waited for Ash to compliment me. I had really dressed up for him tonight. I didn’t mind he hadn’t dressed up himself, but I was his girlfriend and wanted to look pretty for him. He hadn’t even said anything.

I sighed softly to myself as I hid with Ash behind a pillar with all the other guests at this point who were hidden too. The plan was that the open house would start AFTER Brock arrived, so that no one walked in to ruin the surprise.

We sat around for about 10 minutes, until we heard Brock walk into the Gym. As the gym lighted up, we all jumped out and shouted “SURPRISE!”

“For me? Why?” Brock asked suspiciously.

All his siblings then all tackled him into a hug, him falling to the floor as they piled up on him.

“We missed ya big bro! We thought we should throw you a homecoming party so you’d stay with us again!” The youngest sibling said.

“Yeah Brock, when mom and dad sometimes go away like they are now, I want you to look after the siblings like you used to. I don’t want to anymore.” Forrest smirked.

Cindy then grabbed my arm and carted me away from Ash. She placed me in front of Brock.

“Don’t worry Brock we have many pretty ladies making an appearance later on, but for now this is the hottest one we’ve got. Try your luck.” Cindy grinned, shoving me into Brock.

“What sign are you?” Brock asked me, sounding hopeful.

“Do not enter.” I snickered back at him.

Usually Misty would storm over and drag Brock off by the ears. But instead there was one pissed off boyfriend of mine who gets jealous way too easily. He stormed over and grabbed ME by the arm.

He sulkily stalked to the food table, and began shoving food down his mouth. He refused to talk to me, and seemed to be angry at what happened as if it were my fault.

I sighed as I picked at the food, I may as well eat until Ash cools off.

Ash then began to socialise with the few people there, and I meekly followed him. This party wasn’t turning out to be as good as I hoped.

Ash turned around to me once I was on his heels.

“Why are you following me? Shouldn’t you be cosying up to all the other guys here? Make some new friends? That’s what I’ll be doing since you insist on it.” Ash snarled at me.

I was taken aback from his harshness. I didn’t do anything to warrant it? Brock had hit on me before, and it had never been an issue until now. I even rejected him in front of everyone at his own homecoming!

Cindy who standing far back saw the possible confrontation, and quickly carted me away, putting some sort of alcoholic beverage in my hand.

As we were passing the entrance I saw a lot of new people had now arrived. One of those being none other than Ash’s enemy: Gary Oak.

If I want to keep this short-lived relationship with Ash, I need to be very careful tonight.