Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter twenty two

Ash and Delia fighting awaked me abruptly this morning. It wasn’t a screaming match like my mother and I sometimes have, rather that Delia was stating her disapproval about something, and Ash was whining a lot as he defended his decision.

It took me a while to get my bearings as I began to stir awake on the couch, but then lay completely still when I heard my name being tossed about.

“Ash, you can’t do this to Lily. It isn’t fair on her. I’m sure she’d love to go with you. Why don’t you ask her to come along?” Delia asked her son.

“Mum! I’ll only be gone a week. Besides, she’d have more fun here. I need to go out and mingle with Pokémon trainers, I need to make a name for myself on my road to becoming a Pokémon master.” Ash whined.

“You are now eighteen and are considered an adult so I can’t stop you from going or tell you what to do. But young man let me tell you, you are not doing the right thing by your girlfriend. You’re lucky to have a girl like that, and you’d be even luckier to keep her if you’re going to be like that!” Delia firmly stated.

“Whatever. She can have Gary.” Ash bitterly commented.

“Well if you leave here by herself and expect ME to be the one to tell her what happens as you slink away, would you blame her for perhaps going to Gary?” Delia suggested.

“Mum! You’re meant to be on my side!” Ash protested.

“I am on your side Ash, when you do the right thing. I won’t stand by and let you treat that poor girl horribly. So go upstairs and get changed, then come back down and explain to Lily what you’re going to be doing. I can’t force you to take her with you or stay, but I do expect you to at least tell her yourself as I will not be doing your dirty work.” Delia lectured.

Ash just let out a loud sigh and I could hear him storm off to wherever he was going.

I then heard quieter footsteps approach the pull out bed I was lying on, and I quickly snapped my eyes shut and made it seem more apparent I was sleeping again.

I felt Delia sit on the bed, and grasp my shoulder very gently, giving it just as much of gentle shake.

I stirred a little and sat up as slowly as I could.

“Hey sweetie, Mr. Mime has cooked some breakfast. I also think Ash has something he wishes to state to you.” Delia softly informed me.

“Ash has something to say to me?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“Oh, no, it’s not what you think. I’m sure he’ll tell you over breakfast.” Delia said.

***

“I can’t believe you’re ditching me!” I loudly exclaimed to Ash at the breakfast table, after he told me what I assumed he told his mother.

“Aw come on Lily don’t take it like that, I’ll only be gone a week. I think it’s best for both of us if you stay here. I can focus better on the Pokémon tournament without needing to worry if you’re bored or not, and you can stay here and learn more about Pokémon with Professor Oak and hang out and be girlie with my mum.” Ash beamed.

I bit back a comeback of ‘you didn’t sugar coat it to that extent whilst discussing it with your mother when I was sleeping’ and chose instead to glare at him.

He then decided to attack.

“Stop being so selfish! Not everything revolves around you, you know. We’re going to have to spend time apart when you go back to school, why is this such an issue now?” Ash spat at me.

I looked down. Whilst he had a point, I had school in about three weeks, which did not justify him ditching me for a whole week just because he didn’t want me around.

“Ash I think it’s time for you to go.” Delia firmly said to her son.

“But Mum!” Ash whined.

“Leave.” Delia pressed.

I watched Ash get his bag full of Pokéballs and huffed as he stormed towards the door.

“Oh, have a good trip sweetie. Good luck at the tournament!” Delia smiled at Ash, her tone changing from firm to sweet.

“Yeah, hope you do well…” I mumbled.

“Bye mum!” Ash sweetly stated, before turning to me and changing his tone to the same as mine “Bye Lily.”

Delia and I sat in the silence for the rest of breakfast, and after her Mr. Mime took the plates away and began to wash them.

“I don’t agree with what he’s doing. It’s not fair on you.” Delia spoke up.

“I guess. He’s your son though, you should be defending his actions.” I grinned.

“Yes, I should be. But there’s nothing to defend. He did the wrong thing by you, and if he can’t learn how to juggle having a girlfriend and being a Pokémon trainer, then he shouldn’t be in a relationship until he learns to.” Delia replied.

“I guess…” I trailed off, being mighty uncomfortable with this conversation, considering it was Ash’s mum and I didn’t want to speak too horribly about him to the person who cared about him most.

“Besides, he should keep his eye on a pretty girl such as yourself. He doesn’t know what could happen, and who might be there for you when he isn’t and snatch you right up.” Delia winked.

I’m not sure whether she was speaking about Gary or not, but the colour in my cheeks rose as I quickly excused myself to go to the bathroom and have a shower.

I didn’t want her to press on with the subject, and I sure as hell didn’t want her to know I had a slight crush on her son’s rival.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have a new Pokemon story, just to let everyone know. It's about the Kanto/Johto champion Lance titled "You Can't Hurry Love" however I must warn everyone, it's based more off the games than the anime, rather than this story which is heavily influenced by the anime and very little off the games.