Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter five

“So where are we headed to?” I finally asked, as we were on the road to some town.

Misty and Brock were squabbling about the map in front of Ash and I, so we were walking behind them.

“Well I’m off to Pallet Town. These two are going to Pewter City and Cerulean City.” Ash explained to me.

“Um, ok. Kind of random, people usually start at Pallet” I replied, blinking.

“I am from Pallet Town. Those two are from Pewter and Cerulean. We haven’t travelled Kanto in so long, so we returned,” Ash shrugged “What travelling have you done?”

“I haven’t really ventured much around Kanto, so I can’t say I’ve ever been to Pallet sorry. I’ve been to Johto and Hoenn a few times. I enjoyed Johto, but Hoenn not so much. I haven’t even touched Sinnoh though.” I grinned.

“Well then I guess this is your first adventure to Pallet Town. That makes it more special.” Ash smiled at me.

“Yeah, that’s right.” I smiled back.

He had a pretty cute smile; actually he was pretty cute overall.

“I GIVE UP! I CAN’T TAKE YOUR BITCHING!” Brock shouted at Misty, and Ash and I looked over.

“Well I don’t know which way we’re going!” Misty complained.

Brock and Misty turned to look back at us. Well, to look at Ash in particular.

“Don’t ask me! I have no idea where we are I’m lost too!” Ash whined.

“We were kind of hoping you could release your Charizard and Pidgeot. That way we could fly to the next town.” Brock suggested.

“Hm, I’m not sure. Lily, would that be ok with you?” Ash asked me.

“Uh yeah, sure. I pretty much need to be back home before school starts for the year anyway, so the more flying means the more time I get to spend with you guys I guess.” I shyly replied.

“That’s it then, come out Pidgeot and Charizard!” Ash shouted.

He grabbed out two Pokéballs and threw them to the ground. From the beam of light appeared two Pokémon. I instantly recognised them, but I was still awed. I had not seen these Pokémon in their evolved forms. I’d seen cute little Charmanders and Pidgeys, but not Charizard and Pidgeot.

They looked around, and then their eyes landed on the unfamiliar sight, me. I kind of waved and smiled, unsure of how to react. I had never really been introduced to many Pokémon, and these looked fierce and scary.

“Well I’m going on Pidgeot. I REFUSE to go with Ash too! Last time we went flying on the same Pokémon he kept trying to psyche me out by commanding his Pokémon to fly in weird ways and then laughed at me!” Misty screeched.

“Fine by me! Less time spent with you. Come on Lily, I’ll introduce you to Charizard!” Ash said to me, grabbing my arm and leading me off.

“Charizard. This is Lily. She’ll be travelling along with us, so I want you to be nice to her, ok?” Ash asked Charizard.

“Char!” The Charizard nodded.

“Hey Charizard. You look mighty strong.” I said, ignoring my fear and petting its neck.

It seemed happy by this, and moved its head closer to my arm.

Without warning, Ash grabbed my waist and hoisted me onto the Charizard. I squealed in surprise but thanked Ash as he got on in front of me.

“Charizard, Pidgeot. Can you fly us to-“ Ash started, but Misty piped up.

“Let’s go to Celadon City! I want to go shopping!”

“Come on Misty! I want to go check out the Pokémon on the way home!” Ash protested.

“I just want to stop in for the day to do some shopping. Brock, there’s always cute girls at the mall…” Misty chorused.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go to Celadon now!” Brock said, his face lighting up.

“No! Celadon is out of the way! I want to continue on with our journey!” Ash protested.

“Aw come on Ash. I’ve never been to Celadon department mall. If you want I’ll make it up to you by going out with you to catch Pokémon some time.” I cooed to Ash.

“I suppose a quick shopping trip wouldn’t inconvenience us TOO much.” Ash blushed.

I smiled. I was triumphant.

***

Misty and I were browsing through the department store of Celadon city. Ash and Brock had gone to look at the countless Pokémon merchandise (I think Brock only followed Ash because he wanted Ash to be a wingman) whilst Misty and I decided to go clothes shopping.

We were mostly window-shopping, but Misty had reminded me that most of their bathing was done in lakes. I had no bathing suit, and I didn’t want to go skinny-dipping in front of 2 guys. I needed a bathing suit.

“So, what kind of bathing suit are you looking for? I recommend a bikini. It covers less so it’s easier to wash, but hey they look good too.” Misty winked.

“Um okay, bikini then. But you know, I really don’t care how it looks.” I mumbled.

“I’m sure others will though!” She chorused, and followed with another wink.

I blushed, but pretended to ignore her as I went to look at bathing suits. I hope she’s not hinting that there’s something between Ash and myself, because we hardly know each other. He’s probably just shy to be around a new girl, because I’m certainly shy to be around him and the others.