Status: semi active

Would You Like To Make a Run For It?

Chapter eight

“Is this your Eevee?” The boy asked me.

“Uh yeah.” I blushed, his tone of voice made it sound like he was about to tell me off for mistreating it.

“She’s cute, you’ve taken good care of it. She’s very energetic though, how often do you train her?” This boy asked me.

“Um, I take her for walks everyday but I don’t battle her…” I nervously stated.

Hey I shouldn’t be nervous! Who is this boy? Why does he come here and ask personal questions about my Pokémon!

“Not to sound rude, but she’s really energetic. You should train her, or at least take her for longer walks.” The boy said, giving a small smile.

“Whatever. Thanks for the advice.” I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and went to go pack up.

I didn’t want to spend a second near this arrogant loser, I’d rather just get dressed and go back to the Pokémon fan club.

“Wait! Sorry. I have an Umbreon, and after intensively training my Eevee before it evolved made it a lot less energetic and more manageable. Please don’t go, I haven’t even given my name yet so I can still make a better impression.” The guy said, ceasing to look arrogant and looked kind.

I smiled weakly at him.

“Okay, well if you’re going to be nice I’m Lily Taylor.” I informed him.

“Gary Oak.” He replied.

“So why are you here anyway?” I asked, putting my bag back down and setting down on the deckchair.

“Well, I’m a Pokémon researcher. I’ve travelled around Kanto as a trainer, but never as a researcher. After doing Sinnoh as a researcher, I thought it was time to go back to the region I grew up in.” Gary said, a smile appearing on his face.

“Cute.” I grinned.

“How about you? Do you live here? I take it you’re not a trainer.” Gary muttered.

“You’re right. I’m not a trainer, but I’m travelling around Kanto with some friends it’s fun.” I replied.

“Oh, where are they now?” Gary asked curiously.

“They’re at the Pokémon fan club, psh losers. I’d rather soak up the sun.” I stated.

“Then I have a proposition.” Gary grinned.

“Do tell.” I smirked.

“Why don’t you come join me in the water? It’s a warm day, we should cool off.” Gary asked, getting closer and tapping my nose.

Is he flirting with me? First he was all arrogant, and then he was all nice, now he’s being all…flirty. As much as I hated people like Cole who came onto girls when they weren’t in their comfort zone, I was strangely attracted to Gary.

He was probably expecting me to swoon. No, I’d play his game right back.

“I can’t leave this deck chair. You see, I have no sunscreen applied properly on my back. In order to join you in the water, I’d need sunscreen applied to my back. I can’t go getting burned.” I winked at him.

“Turn around.” Gary said, rolling his eyes but grinning at the same time.

I did as he said, passing my sunscreen to him and turned onto my back. Eevee looked on cautiously.

I felt the cool liquid make contact with my warm skin, being squirted in various places on my back. Then, I felt Gary begin to slowly massage the sunscreen onto my bareback.

“So what are you doing here then, Mr. Oak? What made you decide to come over to where I was, and get to the point of rubbing sunscreen lotion onto my back?” I asked him.

“I saw you sleeping, with your Eevee on your lap. She heard me approaching, and jumped up to greet me. I began to pet her, and she leaped into my arms. That was when you woke up, and how our encounter began.” Gary explained.

“Oh, you didn’t want to come see if this damsel was in distress and needed your services?” I asked in a teasing manner.

“Don’t you worry. I do find you very attractive. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be rubbing lotion onto your back would I?” Gary asked.

“I guess not. But you’re not too bad yourself.” I grinned.

We both fell silent as Gary’s hands roamed over my back. The warm sun and his massage made me feel relaxed, and almost in a sleepy state again. However almost suddenly, Gary stopped and pat my back to show he was done.

When I turned around, he offered his hand to help me up. I accepted it, and he held my hand until we reached the water. He immediately let go once we got in.

Eevee followed us in, but kept running back and forth following the wave patterns against the shore. It was so cute; she obviously didn’t want to get wet.

However, a small Krabby had made its way over to Eevee, and had snipped her nose. She yelped in pain, and then began to growl at it.

“That’s Eevee’s growl attack, she’s just entered battle with Krabby” Gary stated to me.

Gary was right, they were both in a battle stance, and had just both made moves. I began to panic, Eevee had NEVER battled before.