Status: Finished; Sequal Coming Soon <3

Wide Awake, My Mistake

chapter fourteen.

I stood there motionless, Jack went straight to Maisy last night. I never thought he’d stoop that low. I didn’t realise I was crying yet again until a tear drop gently to the floor, I quickly wiped them away and headed into the once crowded hallways. I was late. Maisy and Jack had gone in a head of me and Alex was probably waiting in homeroom for me. I didn’t bother to go to my locker, Instead I hurriedly made my way to what was left of homeroom. Luckily for me Mr Heath seems to be late, so I scurried in and took my usual seat, but this time Alex was sat beside me, I smiled at him, as he pulled me down for a kiss, I then took my seat. Just then Jack walked in with Maisy, he looked flushed. Thinking about what they possibly may have done made me feel queasy. Alex looked at me.

“What’s going on?” he asked.

“Jack and Maisy are together I think” I muttered.

“I thought he loved you?” Alex pestered.

I looked at him tears in my eyes.

“He did, until I hurt him when I got back with you” I whispered.

Alex grabbed my hand and rubbed it gently.

“It’ll be okay. I can’t promise it will all go a way, but if Jack really did love you, he’ll be back, not that I want him too, but he’s been a great friend to you since I was an ass, I owe him for that. How exactly did he find out?” Alex whispered back.

I sighed.

“I don’t actually know, but when I came home last night, he was sat on my bed, looking really upset and as though he had been crying, he ranted on about how he changed to be more like you so I’d like him a little more, he said that he knew I’d always chose you over him, even though you treated me like shit and he picked up all the pieces after that. And when he left he said that he was sorry he wasn’t good enough” I silently sobbed.

Alex pulled me into him, Mr Heath still didn’t show fortunately. I couldn’t hold back the tears no more. I felt completely devastated, betrayed and hurt. I pulled out of Alex’s embrace to see Jack staring over with regret in his eyes, I just brushed it off and got myself together, knowing I had just made a fool of myself.

I grabbed my stuff seeing as Mr Heath wasn’t showing so I was going to go to study hall or the library.

“Where you going?” Alex asked.

“I’m going to go to the library, want to come?” I replied.

“Yeah, sure babe” he smiled whilst standing up and grabbing my hand walking out of the room.

The day seemed to have flown by, Alex and I were sat at lunch, what shocked me was that Rian and Zack were also sitting with us, all deep in conversation with each other. I guess they could forgive easily. Just then it went all quiet, I turned my head to find Jack stood at the foot of the table, with Maisy. I quickly turned back around and started the conversation again. I heard chairs being dragged on the floor, obviously they had sat down at our table with us. Alex noticed how tense I was and wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer to him. I felt safe in his arms. I didn’t dare look in the opposite direction.

“Why are you here?” Rian asked carelessly.

“I’m sitting with my buds and girlfriend at lunch, is that so bad?” Jack asked back a little pissed.

“Bro, if you hadn’t noticed as much as we want to be happy for you, we can’t, not with her and dude they way you spoke to Lea last night, that was out of order, if you cared about her you would be happy that she’s happy” Zack rightly spoke.

“Back up there man, what’s wrong with Maisy? She’s a complete babe, opposite to what Lea had said she was, now I can tell who the real bitch it and you’re right Zack, I don’t know what I was thinking, wasting my time on her” Jack scoffed.

He had been looking at me directly in the eyes when he said all that, I tried my hardest to keep my cool and to stop the water works, that failed so I turned my headed and hid it within Alex’s chest. I could tell Alex was absolutely pissed, he was tense. That’s when he blew his fuse.

“YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. YOU DARE TO SAY THAT TO LEA’S FACE! YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER PRICK. YOU CALL YOURSELF A BEST FRIEND, YOU ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT. YOU MADE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID ALL THEM YEARS A GO, YOU TURNED EXACTLY INTO ME. WELL DONE MATE. I HOPE YOU’RE FUCKING SATISFIED, YOU SAID YOU WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO HURT LEA AND BE NOTHING WHAT I WAS. WELL IT SEEMS YOU HAVE, YOU BROKE THAT PROMISE AND NOW YOU BLAME HER” Alex yelled at the top of his voice, causing everyone to turn their attention to us.

Alex at that moment stood up and walked off with rage, I looked around the table everyone gob smacked, Jack looked as though someone had hit him around the face, Maisy was just as shocked but really not that bothered.

“I think you better keep you’re distance” I muttered to Jack.

Before grabbing the guys to go after Alex, leaving Jack and Maisy at the lunch table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Argh, a lot's happening now. I hope you enjoy this chapter, comment on what you think will happen next. Jack's turning into another Alex, something he promised not to do, now what he going to do?

thankyou readers//subs//commentors.