Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

What Just Happens To Piss Me Off

“You know what completely pisses me off?” I uttered.

The girl looked scared to be in my presence. I did have a bit of a temper.

“Um, what?”

“When people like Jessica get whatever the hell they want and people like us can't do anything about it.”

Only God could help my temper and believe me when I say God didn't exist.

We were standing in line for some important assembly. This high school made some important fact out of treating us like regular criminals for school events.

The timid looking girl in front of me pushed her glasses higher on the bridge of her nose. She had straight and stringy blonde hair and eyes like an owl. Overall, she had the scared teenage girl image down.

“Jessica, the girl over there with the highlight infested hair? Bitchy attitude? She tried to take my chair in the cafeteria last week?” I tried but, the girl wasn't understanding. “What's your name?”

The timid girl smiled and loosened her hand from her stack of books. She liked to go to the library. A lot of vampire fiction.

“I'm Amanda, Amanda Richards.”

I shook her hand gratefully. She was the least stuck up person I had met since coming to this prep school. She was probably a new student too.

“I'm Jasmine. You don't need to know my last name.”

The girl held a trembling, but amused smile. “Why's that?”

“Cause I only tell certain people my last name. You've gotta pass the test.” I ruffled the girl's hair and stepped forward.

My turn at the metal detectors.

The large burly guard with my same tone of warm brown skin ushered me to step forward. These security guards always pissed me off. The detectors beeped as I stepped through and he patted me down lightly(if he had tried to touch anything I would've clawed his eyes out).

“What's that in your pocket?” he commanded.

I rolled my eyes, feeling my head boil. “Um, I don't know? A knife to cut your throat?”

The man stared at me for a long second and let out a smile. For some reason, this guard didn't react the way to my insults that most adults did.

“Go on. Get in there before I take you seriously.”

I stepped through the wooden doors. I'd never been in the east auditorium before. It had dark blue velvet carpeting. Rows and rows of golden seats sloped downward.

It probably occupied about a thousand students.

The stage past the seats was one of linoleum black and red curtains stretching upward.

Overall, a pretty nice auditorium.

“Do you wanna sit near the front?” Amanda came from behind me with the offered question.

I shrugged. “I don't know. Anywhere ,but the back. That's where all the people with low IQ's reside. Just a bunch of stupid popular people.”

Amanda chuckled, a low whisper and I did my own laugh.

We found some seats near the front of the rows on the right side of the auditorium. We sat a bit quietly and more and more students milled through from their classes.

East Gleverdon Prep was a very large school.

“So, Amanda, what school did you go to before this one? I know you're new here.”

Amanda exhaled softly and rested her grip over the 3 or 4 books in her lap. “I went to a school in Chicago. My aunt and uncle had to move because of their jobs. I ended up here.”

That surprised me. “What about your mom and dad?”

Amanda shook her head. “They're not really in the picture. They have better things to do.”

I stopped short, seeing the apprehension in Amanda's eyes. Maybe this wasn't a topic she liked to talk about.

“I hope I'm not being rude, but you're parents are stupid. They should be around you. And if they're not, you can survive on your own.” I couldn't keep the small amount of venom out my words.

She chuckled. “It's something you sort of learn along the way I guess.”

I nodded to her non hostile response.

A few minutes later the auditorium had managed to fill up halfway. I could hear the rumbling laughter of Jessica a seat or two back.

“Oh my God, did you see how ugly he was? He seriously thought he had a chance with you?”

I breathed in stumblingly and pulled on my long shirt sleeves. My teeth gritted in my mouth.

I hated stupid whores, especially the mean, ignorant, and stupid kinds.

“Wasn't he gay last year? Billy spread all those rumors about him. Remember how funny it was when he got thrown in that dumpster?”

I turned my head to glare at their group. It was one of about three girls.

Jessica made direct eye contact with me.

“What? Do you have an eye problem or something? Cause I know you're not looking at me.”

I smiled. “Yeah, I tend to look at things that can't seem to burn in hell already. Because ignorant people like you deserve to go there.”

Her friends sneered as I turned back around with Amanda's wide eyes at my side.

“You're not gonna have any friends here. I'll make sure no one wants to go near worthless trash from the ghetto like you.”

I laughed and stretched the tendons of my hands. Jessica was lucky there were kids in this auditorium, otherwise my fist would have been buried into Jessica's jaw by now.

The kids at this school had a lot to learn about me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this as a collaboration and inspiration from fellow Mibba friends,
Hope you love Chapter 1!