Sequel: The Aftermath
Status: Comepleted! Check out the sequel, The Aftermath.

No Time To Bleed

I Once Thought That I Had Found The Path

“Well, next I’m going to spray your arms with a Healing Mist.” I was strapped down to another table.

This doctor was quiet male who only spoke when it was time to give me the next round of medicine.

“How do I know this stuff isn’t some disease seeping into my blood stream?” I was surprised I was being so calm, but there was something about this man that I didn’t hate.

“Because it contains natural anti viruses and it’s completely organic. It’s an old remedy from Venezuela.”

“You’re Venezuelan? That’s hot.”

The doctor chuckled as the wet mist tickled up and down my arms. “Thank you. There’s not much humor in this place. I got this job to support my family.”

A twinge of jealousy went through me. “I haven’t seen my family in a while. Feel like it’s been months.”

“This whole virus only started a few weeks ago although I myself have lost count of the days.”

I smiled. “We all have.”

“And you’ve been out there? You’ve seen those things first hand even though you’re not infected?” The first test he’d done was to check my bloodstream.

“Yeah. I’ve fought a bunch of those things: when they attacked my school, when the chased me through the streets, after I got kidnapped, when I-“ Sweet Jesus, I’d almost let it slip off my tongue about when I’d broken into Lexicon.

“When you what?” His dark accent was both sexy and soothing.

“When I watched my sister die…” It was a complete lie, but this doctor was totally turning my mind into mush.

He gasped. “You watched your sister die?”

“And I had to kill her.” I forced soft little sobs to surface from my lips. “I miss her so much.”

His face went over mine next. Soft and creamy brown skin. Emerald hazel eyes and nice lips. It surprised me how young he looked.

“Would you mind if I said something to you right now?” he said.

I felt my heart beat slowly as I nodded.

“You’re a girl whose face I want to remember. Could I do something to make you feel better?”

My eyes went completely wide. “Uhh…”

He didn’t want for me say another word before his face lowered down until his lips were just a searing centimeter or two away from mine.

“I’ve always wanted to kiss a beautiful girl who knew how to handle herself.”

Our lips touched in a soft and passionate kiss. The air between us became warm and sickly. His strong hands roamed my shoulders as my own hands fluttered to his neck.

A satisfied moan left his lips as he pulled apart from our embrace. “That was amazing, always wanted to do that.”

My head was spinning. “How old are you again?”

“19. They kidnapped me from my country and forced me to work for them. My father was a famous doctor.” A ring came at the door and he seemed to blush. “I’m sorry. I’ve gotta go.”

“Wait!” I said as he walked to the door. “What’s your name?”

He turned and did a sexy little smile in my direction. “Miguel Santos.”

“I’m Jasmine Rushman.” I exhaled back.

The dimples of his smile sank into his cheeks. “I know. I’ve read your file.”

He left out and I seemed to be waiting for what seemed a very long time, but what can you do otherwise after you’ve kissed a smoking hot doctor and a 19 year old one at that?

A while later and the door opened.

“Miguel?” I said.

“Miguel’s not here.” Hands went to the restrictive straps on my arms and pried the locks loose. “It’s me.”

I went up to a seated position and couldn’t believe what my newly delusional mind was trying to convince was in front of me. “Clarissa?”

Her usually frazzled and blonde hair was now straightened to a beautiful long main of hair.

“What are you doing here?”

Her hands went to my shoulders, eyes desperate and their warm blue on me. “Listen, I don’t have much time and there’s a lot to explain.”

“Where did they take you?”

“To Level C, as soon as I came in they recognized from having associations with Lion. They dumped me in Level C and blamed it on a virus.”

“Have you seen anyone else?”

Clarissa smiled. “Yes. Ryant and Max and Clarissa are still alive. We’re all kept down there. It must be only 10 of us in that Level.”

“So, how’d you get out to talk to me?” I just didn’t understand.

“Someone came to me, said that they knew a way for us to take down Lexicon. That we had to make him a promise in the end that he’d be the one to take down Brett, but something had to be done that would make Brett come back…”

“And what would that be?”

Clarissa smiled. “Today was enough. He’ll be back in a few days and that gives us the perfect amount of time to do everything, but you all will need to move quickly. Most of it will be in you, Alex’s, and Cece’s hands.”

This was beginning to sound very big.

Someone had come to Clarissa?

Wanted a promise to take down Brett when it was all over?

“This person specifically asked me to come to you, said that you were the only one he trusted out of everyone. He has slipped a file under your bed in your hotel room. He has connections very high up into Lexicon and in the file will be everything you all need to devise your plan.”

“What plan?” I asked as her hands held onto mine. “What are you talking about? I thought we were just here to break out Ryant and Max and Aliah?”

Clarissa shook her head. “Nothing’s ever that simple. Even though Lexicon may not be the smartest company on how they keep track of their enemies, when they find them they will stop at nothing to take them down. That’s every single one of us.”

I licked my lips. “So, what? What does that mean?”

Her eyes roamed around. “I can’t tell you right now. Certain words are very sensitive to be said. If you read the file, most of it will be explained.”

I nodded. “And what about Aliah?”

“She’s in Level B. That’s where they keep special cases.”

“And when Brett comes, this’ll all go down. Who’s going to save you guys?”

Clarissa smiled. “Don’t worry about us. We have everything prepared to save us and Aliah too. You guys just get the information and we try to stop their plan.”

So, Lexicon had some major plan to get rid of all its potential dangers and we had to stop it.

“And how are we gonna know when Brett is coming?” It seemed to be my final question.

“You’ll know. This place always make a big deal when they’re leader comes.” Clarissa checked her watch. “Okay, that’s all the time I have.”

She pulled me into a tight hug, one that a mother would give her daughter.

“Have there been any new arrivals lately, other than us? Did this person who wants us to do the plan say anything about that?””

Clarissa pulled from the hug shook her head. “No new arrivals other than today. Is Alex or Cece gone?”

“No.” I shook my head. “They’re getting tested right now. It was just someone else. Her name’s Antoinette.”

Clarissa swallowed, taking slow back steps to the door. “Sorry to tell you, but if she’s not in the system then, some drastic measure must have been taken.”

My heart made a horrible lurch and I knew what Clarissa meant, tears started to spring from my eyes.

“And Jasmine?” Clarissa slid her card through the door.

“Yeah.”

“Tell Alex I love him and don’t speak of any of this until you read the file yourself.”

And just like that, she was gone.

Vengeance burned inside more than ever for Lexicon, especially now that they had murdered Kyle’s sister.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm, Jasmine kissing some random hot doctor?
And Clarissa dropping a bomb shell, what could possibly be ahead to take down Lexicon?
And check out my one shot:
Don't Know Why I Ever Loved Her