An Unexpected Proposal

Unexpected Distraction

-Patrick’s POV-

“So how did you like your little surprise? You seemed like you enjoyed it quite a bit!!” Pete’s such an ass but you have to love him for it, he usually means well.

“Where the hell did that ‘surprise’ come from?”

“Her friend, Hannah, slipped me this note saying that the girl, Madison, had a crush on you and Hannah thought it would be a great if the two of you kissed. She had no idea her friend was doing it so she was as caught off guard as you.”

“So her name’s Madison.” I love that name, finally I have a name to go with that face and amazing kiss

“Yeah,” Pete’s cracking up now. “Her name is Madison. Her friend assured me that they were ‘of age.’ I mean they looked like they were about your age and she look like she was your type. So I gave her the go ahead signal.”

“Pete, you are ridiculous.”

“Yeah, but you love me and you loved that kiss.”

“Whatever, you shouldn’t have done that.”

“Yeah, but you’re glad I did.”

I could barely keep a straight face now, “you’re right. Man that kiss was, well, I don’t even know what to say. Then she left before I could even get a word out.”

“They’re in the pit for the show so you’ll probably see her when we go on. You should say something.”

“No, I can’t do that. I’m gonna go warm up, we go on soon. No more surprises ok?”

“You know I can’t promise that.”

I spend the next 30 minutes warming up and trying to get into the zone but all can think of is that kiss and that girl, Madison. I know I’ll probably never see her again but a part of me really hopes I do and soon. I need to get my head into the performance and off of this girl and that kiss but I just can’t get it out of my head.

“Hey man, are you ready? We go on in like 10 minutes. Hello, earth to Patrick.”

I didn’t even realize that Pete had come into the room. “Um, yeah, I think.”

“You think? What’s up? Your not still thinking about that girl are you?” Pete looked a little concerned.

“Well, yeah, a little.” That sounded convincing, the truth was that she was all I could think about.

“Maybe we can do something about that,” a mischievous smile spread across his face and I knew there was no way I was going to talk him out of whatever it was he had in mind.

“Do something about what?” Joe hates it when he’s left out of the loop

“Patrick is pretty much in love.” Thanks Pete.

“Oh! That girl that he pretty much made out with in front of everyone today?” Andy always knows how to make me blush.

“No fucking way dude!” Joe is loving this way too much.

“Yeah, he can’t stop thinking about her. But I will fix that.” Pete gets way too into these things and they always end up embarrassing me and then I’m the joke for the rest of the tour. I was kind of hoping that we could keep this between the two of us but that’s not an option now.

“Ok guys. The Patrick show is OVER! We have a show to put on anyways, let’s go guys!” They all mumble but walk out the door and to the stage with me trailing behind them. I can only hope that Pete doesn’t do something I’m going to kill him for later.