An Unexpected Proposal

Pete's Plan

-Madison’s POV-

So far the show has been amazing. Cobra Starship and the Academy Is… were great and +44 played one of my favorite Blink 182 songs, this is shaping up to be a pretty great night but I still can’t stop thinking about that kiss with Patrick. I mean I never would have done something like that on my own, I guess that’s why Hannah is my best friend. She pushes me to do things that I never would have done normally, I have to remember to thank her for that later. “Fall Out Boy’s on next! I wonder if Patrick will wave to you.”

“Yeah right, he’s probably forgotten about it by now. Let’s just enjoy the show, no more “plans” ok?”

“Fine, I guess I can behave for a little bit.”

“Thanks.” Maybe now I can relax and just enjoy the show. I was a little nervous to see if he would acknowledge me and deep down that was what I wanted. I just couldn’t take my mind off of it and I was hoping he couldn’t either. The house lights went down and the crowd began to roar. They started to play some music and then Fall Out Boy popped out of the stage and the crowd went crazy, I must admit I went a little teenie for like 2.5 seconds but managed to bring it in real quick. As they played more songs I felt less anxious, I found myself staring at Patrick as I sang along and I could have sworn that we made serious eye contact a few times and that I saw smile at me but I kept thinking I was only seeing that because that was what I wanted to see. Patrick began playing Golden, before I wasn’t really sure if I liked it or not but now it seems absolutely amazing. Again my mind began to wander back to that kiss as I sang along now that I wasn’t distracted by Pete and Joe running around onstage. The song ended too soon, I loved seeing Patrick on the stage holding his own by himself. Pete came over to the mic, no doubt to make one of those infamous Pete comments.

“You guys have been great tonight but there is something I’ve gotta get off my chest. There is some one who made a big impression on us, or at least one of us, at the meet and greet. Madison better get her ass to the side of the stage now, Charlie’s waiting for you.” Oh shit. No fucking way, I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but Charlie scares me. Oh no, Joe’s pointed me out. “Madison, I see you. Don’t make me fucking embarrass you in front of all these people.”

“Madison! GO!!!” Hannah, was yelling at me before I finally snapped out of my disbelief.

“Come with me, I don’t wanna go by myself!” There was no way I was going to do this on my own; she got me into this, now she is going to get me out of it.

~Patrick’s POV~

Shit. You have got to kidding me; I can’t believe he is doing this. He said he was going to handle it but I was hoping it wasn’t going to be like this. I’m completely humiliated and I know she has got to be too. I know I couldn’t stop thinking of her and then when I found her in the crowd my heart skipped a beat, but I don’t even know her. I hope that she didn’t notice me staring at her but I couldn’t help but notice that she was starring at me too. What could he possibly have in mind? But I have to admit that I’m pretty excited and glad that he did it.

Madison’s POV

Charlie was leading us backstage and I was freaked out and excited all at once. I was kind of nervous about what was going to happen and I’m afraid I may have given him the wrong impression. “Hannah, what if he thinks that I’m some groupie who’s just going to sleep with him?” That was not going to happen.

“Then you simply explain to him that you’re not going to, it’s that easy.” Yeah, we’ll see how that goes. Charlie led us into an unoccupied dressing room.

“Alright ladies, they’re almost done with their set and then they’ll shower and meet you guys back here. You are not to leave this room. Got it?” We nod very quickly out of fear; we do not want to cross Charlie. As he walked out we heard them finish Saturday, now all we had to do was wait.