An Unexpected Proposal

Wrong Impression

Patrick’s POV

“Hey Patrick, what are you going to do now that you’ve got that girl waiting for you? Charlie said she looked kind of nervous, but her friend was stoked.” At least Andy sounded sincere; I can’t wait to hear what Pete has to say. I had already been thinking about it during the last few songs and I really want to get to know her and the only way to do that is to tell her to come with us. This is totally out of the ordinary but there is something about her that I just have to know more about.

“Umm, I don’t know. I was thinking I might ask her to come along with us for a few days.”

“WHAT? Oh, this is going to be good! At least you’ll finally get some, it’s been far too long my friend.”

“That’s not why I want her to come with us Pete. I want to get to know her, but if we happen to have sex then no big deal. But the point is to get to know her. Ass.”

“Ok, whatever.” Why does it always have to be about sex with him? This is more than that I really want to get to know this girl, not just sleep with her. Although, it would be a great perk if we did.

Madison’s POV

I was doing all of my nervous habits like tapping and pacing and it was driving Hannah nuts. “Just chill out! Everything is going to be ok…” Just then Pete walked in.

“Hey guys, did you enjoy the show?”

“Oh yeah, it was great! I’m Hannah and this is Madison”

“Yeah, I remember. That was a great little show you put on there yourself Madison. I’ve been having a lot of fun with that.” Hannah is dying laughing at this point but I’m not.

“Right, thanks I guess. Look about what happened…” and then Patrick walks in cutting me off. Pete motioned for Hannah to follow him and they left the room leaving Patrick and I behind. I was so nervous and excited but I had no clue what was going to happen.

“Hi,” he says a little sheepishly

“Hi, I’m Madison.” I stretch out my hand to shake his and he gave the cutest smirk before taking it.

“Yeah, I know. Pete told me.”

“Oh, I wasn’t sure. Things happened kind of fast back there.”

“Yeah but I’m glad they did. Look Madison…”

“Wait Patrick, first I want to say something. I don’t usually do that kind of thing and I think you may have gotten the wrong first impression of me. I didn’t do it because I’m some groupie or something like that. I didn’t even know that was going to happen, it was completely unplanned on my part.”

“I know it was, I saw the note that Hannah slipped Pete. But now I want to say something. I can’t stop thinking about that kiss or about you. I don’t know if you felt it but there was something there that I haven’t felt in a long time. I don’t want to just forget about it and move on. Madison, I want to get to know you and what you’re all about. So, I was wondering if you would come with me. You can stay as long as you want, I just want to get to know you.”

He has got to be joking, ok where’s the hidden camera? There is no way he can be serious. Unless he thinks that this is how he’s going to get into my pants. “I’m not going to sleep with you, if that’s what this is.”

He laughed a little, “No, Madison. That’s not what this is at all. I really do want to get to know you without sex. If it makes comfortable we don’t have to even kiss.”

Ok, so he is serious. “But I don’t have any clothes, shampoo, or anything like that. I mean I have a bag in the car with a few things but nothing like what I would need.”

“Don’t worry about that, I can take care of it. You and Ashlee can go shopping tomorrow when we get to the venue and I will pay for everything. That problem is fixable. If that is your only worry then you have no reason to say no.” I looked at him in disbelief, he had really thought this through and was completely serious. I sat there for a second trying to figure out what excuse I might have. There was none.

“You don’t even know me”

“And that’s why you should come. Madison, if you don’t I think we would both be missing out on something.”

How could I refuse that? “Ok, I’ll come.”

“Really? For a while there I thought you were going to say no.” We both laughed and hugged. Patrick turned and opened the door and Pete and Hannah fell into the room. “I think we have a couple of spies here.”

“I wouldn’t expect anything less from Hannah.”

“No, we weren’t spying. We were, um, looking at this fine craftsmanship of the door frame. And if we happened to hear that Madison was coming with us then so be it.”

“Ok Pete, whatever helps you sleep at night.” We all laughed and I ran to the car with Hannah to get my bag and tell her bye. Charlie came with us to make sure that I could get back to the bus, but I think he was really there to make sure that I wouldn’t chicken out and leave. Hannah whished me luck and told me to call her everyday with all of the details. We never went a day without talking to each other so that wasn’t going to be a problem. I grabbed my stuff and Charlie escorted me back to the buses.