An Unexpected Proposal

Getting Comfortable

Patrick’s POV

I can’t believe she said yes, this is definitely out of my character but you have to take chances and she seems like a good place to start taking them. I feel a lot better knowing that she really isn’t some groupie that just wants to fuck me. She seems very real and has this cute cautiousness about her and that’s refreshing around here. Andy and I were sitting in the front lounge when she came finally came in. She looked nervous and unsure of what she was getting herself into and I loved that. I loved that she didn’t act like she knew everything and had experienced it all. “Hey! Welcome to you’re new home. Andy and I share a bus because we’re too OCD to live with those two for too long.”

“Hi Andy, I’m Madison.”

“It’s nice to meet you, you’ve made things very interesting around here.”

“Um, thanks, I think? Patrick were should I put my bag?”

“Oh let me give you the tour. So this is the front lounge and kitchen area, feel free to help yourself to anything. There’s a bathroom there, then through here are the bunks. That’s mine and that’s Andy’s. Then back here we have a bedroom, there is another bathroom there with a shower. We thought that we would let you have this one while you were with us so you can just put your stuff where ever.”

“Well that’s really nice of you guys, but I don’t want to impose or anything. I really don’t need an entire room. I can sleep in one of the bunks.”

Andy came down the hall as Madison and I were talking. “We’re not gonna accept no Madison. I’m going to head on to bed Patrick; I’ll see you guys in the morning.” Finally I was going to get a chance to just sit and talk with her, alone. We both told him goodnight and headed back to the front of the bus. She still looked nervous and unsure but not as much as when she first got on the bus. We sat down on the couch a little awkwardly. “So, did you enjoy the show?”

“Yeah, it was great. I was a little embarrassed there for a bit but I’ll get over it.”
“Yeah, I was too, but apparently there is no stopping our best friends once they get started.” We both laughed at ourselves and what had happened for a bit, then we got more comfortable with each other.

“So, why did you invite me to come with you? It doesn’t seem like something you do all the time or else this bus would be full of people.”

“I wanted to get to know you, there was just something about you that I really couldn’t stop thinking about. So tell me everything about yourself!”
She giggled a bit and it was so adorable. “That’s kind of a big question! How much time do you have?”

“As much time as you want. I’m all yours.” I found out that she had just finished her junior year at UNC and was majoring in political science and psychology which really impressed me. It showed there was more to her and that she was intelligent which I found incredibly attractive. I suggested that she talk to Andy in the morning, I was sure they would have a lot to discuss. She loved art, especially Picasso, Monet, and Warhol, and was really into painting. She had a younger brother who she obviously cared a lot about which was sweet. She wanted to go to law school after graduation and had very ambitious plans. The more we talked the closer we got, eventually she laid her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder as we reclined on the couch. We talked late into the night about everything from our families to our favorite movies and music. She started to yawn and nod off a little, I looked at the clock and it was 4 AM. We had talked for over four hours but it didn’t even feel like it. “You’re tired, let’s get you to bed.”

“Oh, no I’m ok. What time is it?”

“Four.”

“Ok, bed might be a good idea. Do you have a shirt or something I can sleep in?”

“Umm, yeah.” I ran back to the bunks and found a t-shirt for her to wear and some shorts Andy had made me bring in hopes of getting me to workout with him, but that wasn’t going to happen. “Here you go.”

“Thanks, see you in the morning. Goodnight.”

“No problem, night.” We hugged and then she pulled back and looked at me with a serious face.

“Thank you for asking me to come. I’m really glad I did.” Then she gave me the sweetest smile and leaned in kissing me so lightly that I barely even felt it. There was so much in that little kiss and so much feeling behind it making it way better than the kiss that had brought us together. I couldn’t help but smile from that pleasant surprise as she walked down the hall. I went to bed with a huge smile on my face, maybe this wasn’t some crazy idea I was going to regret after all.