Status: Weekly updates, sometimes a bit quicker

The Road Trip

Chapter 6

Meat…meat…food…must fill sad tummy…I thought ravenously while piling all the hospital food I could into my mouth. Apparently hospital food is actually okay and has a good variety. There was bacon, eggs, sandwiches, pizza, macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, apples, and strawberries, all of which were taking the lunchtime train nonstop to my stomach. It took at least thirty minutes of this voracious (awesome word right? :D) eating to make my tummy stop rumbling and just bulge happily. When I was finally done I looked up and noticed my two visitors staring at me with their mouths gaping open. Well actually one of their mouths was gaping; the other was slightly open and had a hand holding a phone up. I’ll ask him about the reasons for that later.

“What are you guys looking at?” I asked them, pleasantly due to my happy tummy. They just continued to stare unblinkingly at me until Eric looked down at his phone, snapped it shut, and started shaking his head.

“What?” I asked again innocently.

“Well, we both knew you were hungry, but we didn’t realize you were hungry enough to be able to eat enough food to last a town in Africa FOR AT LEAST A WEEK!!!!” Eric exclaimed in reply. Hmmm….Did I really eat that much food? I mean I haven’t even had dessert yet. I thought, but what I said was…

“What are you talking about!?! I did no such thing! I just ate enough to make my sad tummy---“ I replied indignantly but was cut off by Levi.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, to make your sad tummy happy. Well, did it work?” Levi said, finally closing her mouth and getting into the conversation.

“As a matter of fact, it did, so there! The only else I need is something sweet…” I told her thoughtfully, in wonder about what desserts this hospital could hold. Maybe sooooome candy or ice cream or chocolate or even oreos!!! Possibly fruit loops… WAIT JUST A DANG SECOND!!! Fruit loops is a cereal, not a dessert, duh! Who eats cereal for dessert? Well I guess it would be okay if it was like luck charms… maybe, or like some sort of chocolatey cereal… hmmm… BUT OTHER THAN THAT, NO CEREAL FOR DESSERT!!And then my thoughts were interrupted by something Levi said that I had to ask her to repeat.

“What did you say?” I inquired to her, whatever she did say pierced through my thoughts immediately even though I wasn’t aware of what she actually did say.

“Oh, just that you already DO have something sweet, you just don’t know it yet…” she told me with a sly look on her face. Also, for some reason, Eric began to glare at her a little after she said that. Hmm…very suspect… I must get more information on said ‘sweet’ thing I already have…But just after I processed that thought and was about to open my mouth, the door opened and the nice red-headed nurse came in.

“Hey ya’ll! I just thought I’d come in and check on ya Ms. Allens. Do still have a headache and soreness?” she asked in a chipper tone. I wonder how she stays so happy when she works at a hospital…I thought and then I realized that my head and back WAS killing me. Aw poodle doodle, she just HAD to bring up my injuries, which now hurt super badly now that she’s mentioned them!

“Yeah, they do…” I told her reluctantly, I had a feeling she would send away Eric and Levi if I told her that. And low and behold, I was right!

“Okay then, I’m guessing you guys know what that means.” The nice nurse directed at Lev and Eric. They both put on almost identical cute begging faces. What the doodle paste??? How do they do that?!?!?!?!?! Now Eric can do the penguin eyes and puppy pout??? NOT FAIR!!! Yurgh!!! I wonder who it works better for… it certainly looks cuter on Eric, but he’s always cute…I thought dreamily, then quickly snapping out of it as I watched the nurse smirk a little and send them out. Wow, they just got REJECTED! Zinger! Haha on them… WAIT NO!!! I DON’T WANT THEM TO LEEEEAAAVVVEEE!!!! I thought frantically, but they were already getting up to leave, sending me a last little wave as they walked out the door.

“Now, how’s about I give you something to dull the pain, and put you to sleep for a little while, would you like that?” the nurse then asked me in that same happy tone, after my friends left. What choice do I have?I thought a little bitterly, but what can I say? My friends just left my room, when I was about to start questioning them. Talk about bad timing.

“Oh sure, I can’t wait!” I said back, a little sarcastically. Her smile wavered just a little, but was soon back to full brightness. I felt bad for saying that to her, but I shrugged it off and just thought what’s done is done. The nurse left the room to go get whatever medicine she was going to use to knock me out, and came back with a needle and some wipes. My mouth went dry. I chuckled nervously.

“Uhhh… What’s that for? I thought I would just swallow some pills or something…” I said to her, in apprehension toward get a shot.

“Oh no! This is the quickest way to make you feel better, since it goes straight in the bloodstream.” She replied, still happy and full of pep. Okay… maybe I don’t like her so much… She’s way to happy all the time.

“Weeeellll I don’t really like shots so do you think I could have a pill even though it takes longer?” I asked hopefully.

“Nope, I’m sorry. We’re all out. Now relax and stay still it’ll be over quickly.” Ms. Peppy McPippy (I made up that nickname for her just now) told me, in a still happy tone, but it seemed forced. So I had to resort to my only way to achieve relaxation…

“CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT? THE PEACE THE EVENING BRIIIIINGS. THE WORLD FOR ONCE, IN PERFECT HARMONY WITH ALL ITS LIVING THINGS!!!” I paused then sang,” I’M GONNA BE A MIGHTY KING, SO ENEMIES BEWARE!!” Then out of nowhere, Eric comes in from the waiting room singing…

“WELL, I’VE NEVER SEEN A KING OF BEASTS WITH QUITE SO LITTLE HAIR!” (Zazu’s part) I smiled to myself and continued the song in Simba’s part.

“I’M GONNA BE THE MAIN EVENT, LIKE NO KING WAS BEFORE. I’M BRUSHING UP ON LOOKING DOWN. I’M WORKING ON MY ROAR!!!”

“THUS FAR A RATHER UNINSPIRING THING.”

“OH! I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO BE KING!!!”

“YOU’VE RATHER A LONG WAY TO GO YOUNG MASTER IF YOU THINK…”

“NO ONE SAYING DO THIS!”

“NOW WHEN I SAID THAT I…” Eric was interrupted by Levi singing Nala’s part. We are probably very amusing to the other people in the waiting room…

“NO ONE SAYING BE THERE!” Levi sang.

“NOW WHAT I MEANT WAS…” Eric then sang.

“NO ONE SAYING, STOP THAT!!!” I then did.

“LOOK WHAT YOU DON’T REALIZE…” Eric, a.k.a. Zazu, sang.

“NO ONE SAYING SEE HEEEEERE!!!” Levi sang after.

“NOW SEE HERE!!” Eric yelled and sang. Levi was then dropped after that, so it was just me and Eric left singing. I felt a sharp pinch in my arm, but was to elated to do anything about it.

“FREE TO RUN AROUND ALL DAY!” I sang, still with Simba’s part.

“WELL THAT’S DEFINITELY OUT…” replied Eric, also still in Zazu’s part.

“FREE TO DO IT ALL MY WAY”

“I THINK IT’S TIME THAT YOU AND I ARRANGED A HEART TO HEART!!”

“KINGS DON’T NEED ADVICE FROM LITTLE HORNBILLS FOR A START!!!”

“IF THIS IS WHERE THE MONARCHY IS HEADING, COUNT ME OUT!!! OUT OF SERVICE, OUT OF AFRICA, I WOULDN’T HANG ABOUT!! THIS CHILD IS GETTING WILDLY OUT OF WIIIIING!!!”

“OH! I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO BE KIIIIIIING!!!!” After that we paused for a moment, to catch our breaths, and I noticed that I was starting to get a little drowsy. I resolved, though, to finish the song out with Eric. I took a deep breath and started singing again.

“EVERYBODY LOOK LEFT! EVERYBODY LOOK RIGHT! EVERYWHERE YOU LOOK I’M…STANDING SPOTLIGHT!!”

“NOT YET!” Eric sang out again. Then for the animal part, the rest of waiting room, I’m guessing, broke out into song randomly. Wow… ‘The Lion King’ must be REALLY popular.

“LET EVERY CREATURE GO FOR BROKE AND SIIIIIIING!!! LET’S HEAR IT IN THE HERD AND ON THE WIIIIING!! IT’S GONNA BE KING SIMBA’S FINEST FLIIIIIING!!!!” They can sing with surprising accuracy…

“OH, I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO BE KIIIIIING!!!! (They joined me in the second and third ones)OH I JUST CAN’T WAIT TO BE KIIIIIING!!! OH I JUST CAN’T WAAAAAAAAAIT, TO BE KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!! ” I sang out right after and with them. After that, with a final smile, I crashed.