Status: active ?

Pray For The Dead

Julie.

“Do you honestly believe that you were the only one with dreams of doing something with their lives?” Julie asked him softly, completely dismissing his words of love that would’ve made the butterflies in her stomach go into overdrive in any other circumstance. There was no such thing as love, it was just another fairytale little girls were told of when they were growing up. “I had dreams too, y’know, they never came through though because you weren’t around anymore, you weren’t there telling me that I could do anything I wanted or set my mind onto like you used to years ago.” Julie shook her head, turning away from him. Truth to be told, she really wanted those pills right now, or some marijuana, or even some heroin to inject. Just anything to make everything feel okay now.

Julie took a drag from Oliver’s cigarette. “If I hadn’t left, I would’ve been stuck in Sheffield my whole life and I didn’t want that, nobody wants that, Jules.”

Julie stared out to the sea, letting her hair down from the ponytail it had been in previously and fall in a mess around her face and shoulders. She didn’t move it away, letting the breeze move it however it pleased. “The least you could’ve done was write or call, something so it really didn’t seem like I was left there all alone.” Julie’s voice remained soft and solemn as she wrapped her arms around herself, letting the cigarette fall to the ground.

Oliver didn’t say a word, whether he was just speechless or didn’t want to admit that he had never thought of to do that. If he had written to her or even called at least once a month, maybe Julie wouldn’t have turned into what she is now, maybe she would have actually done something with her life.

“Why couldn’t you have picked up the phone and dialed my number? It was never that hard to forget, was it?” She asked, looking up at him. She needed something, anything from him that would tell her that he had meant to, honestly. She didn’t care if he lied to her just to make her happy, she just needed something. “Oliver?” She asked, biting her lower lip lightly, nervously, shivering.

“Jules, you’re going to freeze your ass off in those clothes,” he muttered, pulling her close to him, holding her there. Maybe it was just something to get Julie over to him, so he could hug her, to try and make everything better, or maybe he just pulled her over because he really didn’t want her to freeze but couldn’t take his hoodie off for someone would manage to recognize him and that wouldn’t be good.

Julie shook her head, pushing herself away from him. “Oliver, answer my question,” she said, looking up at him pleadingly. She wanted him to stop avoiding it, she wanted to know. She would be fine with whatever he decided to tell her, or so she told herself.

“Jules,” he started, “I don’t know.” Oliver shook his head. “I don’t know why I didn’t write or didn’t call you. Maybe I thought you’d be really pissed at me for leaving with no warning and didn’t want to hear from me ever again, I don’t know.”

Julie moved so she was leaning against the railing, looking at Oliver who was too, leaning against the railing, neither of the two were looking out to the sea again. “Oliver, you should know that I can never stay mad at you, it’s literally impossible. I might hate you for what seems like forever, but I can never truly be mad forever.”

Julie shook her head, staring down at her Converse. “Then what do you want me to say, Julie?” He asked her.

“I don’t know what I want you to say, Oliver, but what I want you to not talk of is love, because you and I both know that love doesn’t exist, Oli. It never has and never will,” Julie shook her head once again, biting her lower lip.
♠ ♠ ♠
:m