The Secret Website

He loves me, no way!

How could I forget? I do remember!

"Yes, Mike... I remember."

He took my hand and looked at me. Then he spoke.

"I know how you feel. To love someone and not be loved by them. Because you may think the other doesn't want you, because it's wrong or some other bullshit like that. Truth is, it's never wrong, love. If you love someone, then go for it."

He shook me lightly.

"And I still think the one I love doesn't want me. Do you remember now Billie?"

"Yes, Mike, I do!" I half-yelled, letting him go. "But how could I have known it was you? It was impossible to imagine!"

He closed his eyes for a couple of seconds, probably trying not to yell at me in frustration.

"And do you remember the other comment, where I wrote that it kind of happened to me too..."

Once again, he looked at me, almost desperately.

"You meant...?" I began, but I never could finish my sentence, because Mike stopped me by putting a hand on my mouth, shushing me.

Exactly like last time we met, we made eye contact, but this time I couldn't stand it. I needed to know.

Fuck, Mike,I thought, don't do this to me! Don't get me all confused!

"Yes, Billie..." He whispered.

"I love you."

No, Mike! Why! You didn't have to say that!!

"No..." I said, so softly I doubt Mike heard me. And "no" was the word I kept repeating over and over again, as I ran, ran away from there, from him, from my thoughts and from my confused feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
um... really short, I know. this chapter and the last one ought to have been a single chapter.

but anyway... waddya think?

COMMENTS ARE LOVE!