‹ Prequel: Take My Hand
Status: Active. (Comments will be needed to get more updates.)

The Story Left Untold

New York University.

12 MONTHS LATER

[BRITTANY]

Life was moving on for me. It didn’t stop for a second and it didn’t wait for me to hop on the train. It just went.

Twelve months ago, I was torn between wanting move on and waiting for him to come back but he never did. So after a week of waiting for nothing, I started to run as fast as I could so I could catch up with life and forget what happened in the past because I knew that he wasn’t worth it.I still miss him sometimes though.

So I moved to New York and went to NYU. I didn’t know we had enough money to support two courses but my mom made it happen. I’m just thankful that we don’t have to work part-time to pay for my tuition so I guess I really shouldn’t be complaining. Besides, I’m having the time of my life over here. I have nothing to worry about because I know I won’t be running in to anybody I know.

“Hey, Brit, are you listening to me?” Sophie, my new best friend/roommate, said snapping me out of my pathetic daze.

“Sorry what were you talking about again?” I asked.

We were at the courtyard making the most of our break by talking about something which I clearly wasn’t paying attention to. I mean I don’t doze off like this all the time it’s just that today was supposed to the day I found about that stupid bet and I have no idea why it still has this big impact on me but I guess it just does.

“So are you in or not?” Sophie said waving her hand right in front of me to catch my attention.

“Um, I don’t know,” I said pretending to comprehend exactly what she was saying.

“Come on! It’ll be fun! And plus there’ll be a lot of hot guys there waiting to hook up with you,” she winked. Like that was encouraging enough.

“What’s this I hear about a party?” Chase, Sophie’s boyfriend, chimed in out of nowhere.

“Trevor’s hosting one this evening at the house and I want Brittany to come,” she said post lip lock.

“And when were you going to tell me about this?” Chase raised an eyebrow. They talked like I wasn’t even there. How considerate.

“Didn’t you get the text?” Sophie asked him.

Chase grabbed his phone from his pocket and looked at the screen, “Oh, wait, now I do,” he said, “and you really have to come,”

“Why?” I asked innocently as they started to hold back laughs.

“Because it’ll be fun,” Sophie said suggestively wriggling her eyebrows. She smiled brightly at me probably laughing at how clueless she thought I was.

So here’s the catch. Trevor’s this really rich guy who thinks he can get any girl he wants. He and Chase belong to the same fraternity – yes, I know, fraternities are like the lamest things in the world but they do have pretty hot guys in there – and there was one time when Sophie and I got invited – more like crashed into it – and Sophie got to hook up with Chase. Trevor is Chase’s best friend and since he thinks he’s like this total big shot he tried to do the same with me but he seriously was not my type. I don’t date frat jerks. Not that Chase is one. It’s just that Trevor is what you would call a total man whore based on first impression and getting to know him makes you think that he’s this jerk who’s totally full of himself. He thinks the world revolves around him and he talks about himself too much. But of course, I’ve only met him once and lately, people have been telling me that he’s starting to ‘change’ and I don’t see how that’s relevant to anything because frankly, I really don’t care about him at all and I mean that.

“I don’t know guys my schedule’s-”

“Like you plan anything,” Sophie said knowingly. “You don’t even have a to-do list for crying out loud,”

“How would you know?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

“Hello? I live with you? We live in the same room? In case you haven’t noticed, my name’s Sophie and we share the same dorm room,” she said sarcastically making Chase laugh. I just rolled my eyes.

“Fine, I’ll go,” I said but before I let them rejoice, I added, “but if you guys intentionally bring me near him, I’m gonna kick both of your asses,”

“Ooh, I’m so scared now,” Chase said sarcastically.

Well at least he and Sophie have something in common. They speak the same language – sarcasm.

[JACK]

“Are you serious? A fucking frat party?” I laughed as I heard the words come out of Flyzik’s mouth. It’s been a year and finally, I’m looking on to new horizons and trying my best not to think about her –even though I still stare at our pictures from tour.

“Yeah, you heard me,” Flyzik said maintaining his serious face even though deep inside I’m sure he was dying to burst out in laughter.

We were in New York for the moment since we had a show in New Jersey the next day. We were having another tour and it hasn’t top the last one yet but it’s too early to tell, you know?

“Jack, that’s like the perfect scene. College girls will be all over the place screaming our fucking names,” Alex said enthusiastically.

“Whatever,” I said getting up and looking inside the refrigerator we had in our hotel room.

I wasn’t bitter about the whole Brittany thing anymore. I mean it’s been a year and I’ve been holding out on all the fun that surrounded me. I’m not saying I don’t have feelings for her anymore but when I came back two weeks later, she was gone. Her brother told me that she had moved away for college and that it was best if I stayed the fuck away. I understood exactly why he had an attitude and there really was nothing I could do about it so I just let it go.

So days after moping around and telling myself to get over her, I started to pick myself up and stand on my ground once again. It wasn’t that easy since she still had some clothes in my house but I had to try. I couldn’t mope around forever because I was the one who initiated the whole thing.

“What time’s the show?” Zack asked as soon as he finished his crunches.

“Around 8,” Flyzik said and I almost spit out the water I poured into my mouth.

I swallowed before saying, “How in the world did you agree to that?”

“Well he was going to pay us twenty grand for like a 5-song set so how could I refuse?” he did have a point there. “Just be ready, okay?”

I was ready. This meant getting laid and that’s sorta what I needed right now even though I just got laid like two nights ago.

“Which college are we playing at?” I asked just to be sure.

NYU,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know but I'm short on time too. So many people want to use my laptop. They (my relatives) keep telling me I don't need it since I have an iTouch but they don't really know what I do on here and it's best to keep it that way so they won't pry to let me show them because that would be the last thing I think I'd ever want to do.

Next chapter entails a lot of twisted drama so please stay tuned :)

I love how the first chapter alone got 14 comments :) Keep'em coming! I'll be checking for comment updates on my iTouch and if I see that I don't get enough, I might have to stall the next chapter a bit. HAHA. just playin' :))

But seriously though, show this story your love :)

read.comment.subscribe!